Disney Fantasy Cruise November 8th - 15th 2014 ... here we come!

So hard to keep a thread going when it is so far off. Just bumping us back up some.

I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend. Anyone do anything fun? We had a very quiet weekend but will do some extended family time this weekend. I stayed in my jammies all day Sunday - I don't do that often but really enjoyed it!

Staying in your jammies all day? Can't be beat!! Too bad we all can't do that more often!

Not much new on our front, though we did book our flights and AP's for our upcoming December trip (we'll use the AP's next Nov for a week as well before the cruise).
The flights were more than I wanted to spend, but we're flying into Orlando the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I guess that's why. I asked around if I should wait or purchase and was told, the prices will only go up, so I went ahead and got them. We had a credit with JetBlue, so I used that towards them. I guess the good thing is, if the flights do go down before our trip, we'll just get a credit and use it for our November flights next year! We love the flight, we took it last trip. We arrive at like 9:30am and the airport is Westchester County Airport, so it's small and not as busy as the other NYC area airports (plus it's like closest to our house).

You guys are going to laugh, but in my head I alread have other cruises lined up!
I figure when we cruise in NOV. 2014, I'll book a dummy cruise as we'll want to cruise again in 2016 and then, we'll also cruise for my birthday in 2017 cause I'm celebrating a big one that year! LOL...
As of now, we're planning a trip to Italy in the fall of 2015! We've never been before and it's exciting and a bit overwhelming!

Have any of you been to Italy by any chance?

Ok, that's it for now, have a great weekend all! We don't have much planned, DH usually works on Saturdays.....

OOH! I just remembered....concert tickets go on sale in 15 mins I want to get hopefully (Kris Kristofferson)......wish me luck!

Staying in your jammies all day? Can't be beat!! Too bad we all can't do that more often!

Not much new on our front, though we did book our flights and AP's for our upcoming December trip (we'll use the AP's next Nov for a week as well before the cruise).
The flights were more than I wanted to spend, but we're flying into Orlando the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I guess that's why. I asked around if I should wait or purchase and was told, the prices will only go up, so I went ahead and got them. We had a credit with JetBlue, so I used that towards them. I guess the good thing is, if the flights do go down before our trip, we'll just get a credit and use it for our November flights next year! We love the flight, we took it last trip. We arrive at like 9:30am and the airport is Westchester County Airport, so it's small and not as busy as the other NYC area airports (plus it's like closest to our house).

You guys are going to laugh, but in my head I alread have other cruises lined up!
I figure when we cruise in NOV. 2014, I'll book a dummy cruise as we'll want to cruise again in 2016 and then, we'll also cruise for my birthday in 2017 cause I'm celebrating a big one that year! LOL...
As of now, we're planning a trip to Italy in the fall of 2015! We've never been before and it's exciting and a bit overwhelming!

Have any of you been to Italy by any chance?

Ok, that's it for now, have a great weekend all! We don't have much planned, DH usually works on Saturdays.....

OOH! I just remembered....concert tickets go on sale in 15 mins I want to get hopefully (Kris Kristofferson)......wish me luck!

I think we are all pretty much compulsive planners - and I swear I get worse with time. Used to be I was happy just to know I had one vacation out there after the upcoming one (which means I had two to start with I guess) but that doesn't cut it anymore. We have our May WDW trip, the Oct WDW trip, another next spring (I need to get my monies worth from those AP's) plus the B2B's on the Fantasy so that is like 5! I do know that I will book at least two cruises while we are on board so I have a few waiting in the wings. We have not talked past 2014. DH really (as is really, really, really) wants to do a river cruise (on the Ohio no less) but I would at least prefer the Mississippi but, if really given options, I would rather do Europe! We shall see how that goes. Much depends on our children and this grandparent thing (that I have yet to experience) but I do not want to be on a trip when someone is going to deliver. And, since it is entirely possible, I am not going to think about someone delivering while we are on either of these trips!

Nothing else new to report. I think this is the firs day that I can look out my office window and NOT see snow. Hopefully things will begin to green up and it can really be spring!

Take care everyone!

Gail-
I used to also be the same way...as long as I had one future trip planned/in the works I was good....now that's not enough! LOL..

Ok, everyone, let me just say....

I wish they would post the excursions for Falmouth!!! I wonder when we can expect to see them on the website? Any thoughts?

Hope you're all well....:goodvibes

I am such a procrastinator that I can't imagine being all planned on items.

Shoot we haven't even looked at or started discussing the your options for our December cruise yet. I imagine when it gets to be closer to time when I can book the items that I will be more interested but until then... I have school work, kids and regular work to be focused on. Although spending my time thinking about vacation sure sounds like a lot more fun! Lol.

Hi guys. It looks like we might be joining you. :cheer2: We hae not booked yet, but this is the one we will be doing. It will be myself Becky :figment: and my best friend Julie princess:. Just a girls trip. We have both done the 4 night and are really looking forward to spending time in the rainforest room. :yay:

Hi guys. It looks like we might be joining you. :cheer2: We hae not booked yet, but this is the one we will be doing. It will be myself Becky :figment: and my best friend Julie princess:. Just a girls trip. We have both done the 4 night and are really looking forward to spending time in the rainforest room. :yay:

Welcome! A girls trip sounds like an awesome idea.

Hello everyone,
Looks like we may be joining you. We were booked on a Oct 2013 cruise but with the threat of furlough our plans pretty much fell apart. My husband and my son both would be affected. My sisters family are all booked on this cruise so we decided to move ours.

Is there a facebook page for this cruise?

Me & my husband
2 grand kids
3 daughters
1 son in law

OK guys I am going to leave you. I changed up our cruises and am going to do a Western this year and booked an eastern for December of 2014. Basically I flipped the other of which side we were doing.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip!

Congrats Gail! I will be celebrating my 40th! And my hubby and I will be hitting 15 years! So we figured why not bring the kiddies along to celebrate!

How exciting doing the back to back! That sounds wounderful!

Stacey (sparklechicks)

Sparlechick- can't believe the similarities in our families! My son is DS is 13, my DD is 11, my DS is 10. I just celebrated my 40th and we are celebrating our 15th anniversary! We were actually scheduled to go on the Dream last September but postponed it to a 7 day the following year, opting to go to Belize, instead. Now, we've done the same thing: going to Belize this year and doing the Fantasy next year. It's killing our kids, but they'll survive! There are WDW trips in between. Looking forward to reading through the rest of the thread!

Hi Everyone!
Our family is so excited to be going on our first cruise next year, November 8th 2014!
I have been doing a lot of research and I am still learning but It seemed like this was the place to be to meet so many of you!
We have two boys, they will be 10 (almost 11) and 8, at the time of the cruise.
So excited!!! It's going to be hard to wait!
(this is my first time on DISboards too... so I hope I am using this correctly.)

Hi Everyone!
Our family is so excited to be going on our first cruise next year, November 8th 2014!
I have been doing a lot of research and I am still learning but It seemed like this was the place to be to meet so many of you!
We have two boys, they will be 10 (almost 11) and 8, at the time of the cruise.
So excited!!! It's going to be hard to wait!
(this is my first time on DISboards too... so I hope I am using this correctly.)

:welcome: porreca and family! Not only to your first DCL cruise but to the DIS! I have been on the boards for a long time as you can see from my profile and this will be cruise number 17 for us (I think) on DCL. This is an awesome place to meet people with the same interest that you have an to talk cruising. My children are grown and no grands yet so I am not a good resource in that regard but ask away and someone will respond.

May be joining you all on this cruise, so far myself and dh, thinking of bringing 1 of the grandchildren along, just waiting to see if we do indeed cruise on this date or not. Put a hold on a cabin so I have 3 days to make up my mind. Havent been to Jamacia and its been a few years since we have done disney around xmas time so those are the main reasons on choosing this date. Really love seeing all the xmas decor at disney and on the ship, not to sure if they will have the decorations up on the ship at that point in time but I figure the parks will be in full force by the time the cruise has ended and then will plan on a few days there to enjoy!Will let ya know soon if we are onboard!:goodvibes

Hi Gail!
I am so excited to chat with everyone for the next 17 months. I am sure by then I will feel like I have already been on the cruises. ha ha
My husband was worried that he would be board, so let us know about all the great adult things too! He is not as excited as I am yet... he'll get there though:)
Great hearing from you
Elis

It will be me (turning 55 on the 14th) and DD(31). This will be the third year in a row that I will get to spend my birthday on a Disney cruise. :cloud9: It will be my first time on the Fantasy (completing my grand slam)! Only 528 days :hourglass--good thing I have two other cruises that are a little closer. :thumbsup2

OK guys I am going to leave you. I changed up our cruises and am going to do a Western this year and booked an eastern for December of 2014. Basically I flipped the other of which side we were doing.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip!

Swapping out can be good.

Hi Gail!
I am so excited to chat with everyone for the next 17 months. I am sure by then I will feel like I have already been on the cruises. ha ha
My husband was worried that he would be board, so let us know about all the great adult things too! He is not as excited as I am yet... he'll get there though:)
Great hearing from you
Elis

We never get bored (or in DH's case, as bored as he wants) since you can do whatever you would like on the sea days or just sit and relax. It seems to be the only time we ever go to the movies. Have him take a look at the navigators that have been posted from previous cruises and that should give him an idea of what his options will be.

It will be me (turning 55 on the 14th) and DD(31). This will be the third year in a row that I will get to spend my birthday on a Disney cruise. :cloud9: It will be my first time on the Fantasy (completing my grand slam)! Only 528 days :hourglass--good thing I have two other cruises that are a little closer. :thumbsup2

:welcome: That is a lot of days - but I sort of think I was over 600 when we started so it is doing down.

Gorgeous, sunny day here, gotta love the good days!

Hello All!

I have just booked this cruise! While we have twice sailed on the Dream this will be our first on the Fantasy and would love to join the FE exchange list if there is one!

As for us, there are
Zaid (DH) - 44 - I am the planner
Rae (DW) - 44
Austin (DS) - 12
Rebecca (DD) - 10
Nicholas (DS) - turning 7 on this cruise

Only I know about this cruise, as it will be a surprise for everyone. We surprised the kids last two trips and the wife kind of nearly gave it away both times. So this time, I will keep it a secret until very close to the date as she would kill me if I didn't give her a chance to bring her favourite hat, sandals, or anything else I may forget to pack.

We will more than likely add a Disney World portion to our vacation after the cruise

Looking forward to sailing with and meeting all of you!

Zaid

We've got our eye on this cruise. Right now we are booked on an Eastern Oct 2014 but it looks like DDs fall break is going to change. We will be sailing the on re-imagined Magic this Thanksgiving so I'll report back on how great the weather was!!! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Hello All!

I have just booked this cruise! While we have twice sailed on the Dream this will be our first on the Fantasy and would love to join the FE exchange list if there is one!

As for us, there are
Zaid (DH) - 44 - I am the planner
Rae (DW) - 44
Austin (DS) - 12
Rebecca (DD) - 10
Nicholas (DS) - turning 7 on this cruise

Only I know about this cruise, as it will be a surprise for everyone. We surprised the kids last two trips and the wife kind of nearly gave it away both times. So this time, I will keep it a secret until very close to the date as she would kill me if I didn't give her a chance to bring her favourite hat, sandals, or anything else I may forget to pack.

We will more than likely add a Disney World portion to our vacation after the cruise

Looking forward to sailing with and meeting all of you!

Zaid

:Welcome: Zaid and family! Awesome to have you joining in on the fun. And oh my gosh, can you keep a secret! I could never do that, I tried twice and failed both times, and it was only to DH.

Well, our group has grown. Oldest DS (Ben) and his DW (Kristie) plus the little one that is due in January will be joining us along with middle DS (Nick) and his DW (Cara)! Youngest DS feels they can't swing it so they said no. Makes me sad but they are trying to be fiscally responsible so I can understand that as well.

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter