• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

i understand that...my boys are 9 and 10, and have been every single year but 2 of them, and some times multiple times in a year.

We skipped a year when my youngest was born, and then skipped last year. We're skipping next year and moving to once every 2 years.
For me by that age my nieces wanted nothing to do with princesses anymore or Disney. For them it's started to be about " bigger, faster and scarier.".

For me by that age my nieces wanted nothing to do with princesses anymore or Disney. For them it's started to be about " bigger, faster and scarier.".
Yeah, they're beyond the Disney Junior stuff, I have one that rides every ride there, and one that is timid of the big coasters (he did ride Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain in June, big deal for him, and really cool to watch him conquer his fears), but there is still a lot about disney that they love. There is a lot that the wife and i love too, honestly Disney is a big part of our history. We honeymooned there, went a lot before we had kids. Even "baby mooned there". Let's not talk about getting stuck on pirates in the auction scene with a pregant wife that was starving before we got on the ride.....

And we've shared those experiences with our kids once they came around, we love disney, but they're pushing us away.

Yeah, they're beyond the Disney Junior stuff, I have one that rides every ride there, and one that is timid of the big coasters (he did ride Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Space Mountain in June, big deal for him, and really cool to watch him conquer his fears), but there is still a lot about disney that they love. There is a lot that the wife and i love too, honestly Disney is a big part of our history. We honeymooned there, went a lot before we had kids. Even "baby mooned there". Let's not talk about getting stuck on pirates in the auction scene with a pregant wife that was starving before we got on the ride.....

And we've shared those experiences with our kids once they came around, we love disney, but they're pushing us away.
I understand having that emotional attachment.
For my family we don't have that emotional attachment. I went a few times when I was a kid and never really got that attachment. The last time I went was a few years ago and It didn't blow me away. For me a big part of the atmosphere at a park is hearing the screams of people on the rides. You don't get that at Disney.

If they are pushing you away maybe it's time to visit some other parks. The US has some of the best parks

I understand having that emotional attachment.
For my family we don't have that emotional attachment. I went a few times when I was a kid and never really got that attachment. The last time I went was a few years ago and It didn't blow me away. For me a big part of the atmosphere at a park is hearing the screams of people on the rides. You don't get that at Disney.

If they are pushing you away maybe it's time to visit some other parks. The US has some of the best parks
we're doing a national park tour next year (Rushmore, Badlands, Custer State Park, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone) instead of disney.

We used to live less than 2 miles from a local theme park (Carowinds) and could hear the screams from the coasters from our house. We're contemplating Universal as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter