Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

I noticed Disney changed the name of the Individual Attraction Selections to Individual Lightning Lane Selections, meaning the acronym changes from IA$ to ILL$ ...

The idea of paying $60 for a family of 4 to ride RoTR definitely makes me feel ILL$ :)
It’s just a no for us. To buy lighting lane at $60 for our family, and then if we don’t wanna wait in the long line for rise, it’s another $60.

kiss it disney….

Important for IA$ - on-site you get to book IA$ at 7am, while off-site you have to wait until you get to the park.
Is it just the paid individual attractions on-site guests get to book at 7am, or is it even your first Genie+ lightning lane selections as well?

I’ll be curious what you’ll be able to get on with the 30 min early entrance for on-site guests. By the time you make your way back to a main attraction ride I’m guessing you may be able to get one or two in before the rest of the crowd arrives? I’ll be curious if you could realistically get on ROR during the 30 min early window thus not needing to pay for the individual selection later?

So I'm guessing even higher pricing during the busy summer days. So basically I'm looking at $36 for 3 of us to ride Mine Train if DAS doesn't cover IA$ rides.

DAS will cover IA$ somehow. Thatd be a huge can of discrimination worms Disney wouldn’t want to tackle otherwise. They still have standby times, even if an IA$ ride. So it should be business as usual.

DAS will cover IA$ somehow. Thatd be a huge can of discrimination worms Disney wouldn’t want to tackle otherwise. They still have standby times, even if an IA$ ride. So it should be business as usual.
Remi will be either VQ or IA$. No standby at all. Do you think that not having a standby queue will exempt Remi from DAS? How was DAS treated when ROTR was VQ only?

Remi will be either VQ or IA$. No standby at all. Do you think that not having a standby queue will exempt Remi from DAS? How was DAS treated when ROTR was VQ only?

If it is "lottery" only, the only ada they would need to meet are accessibility requirements to access that selection process with the same chance as everyone else.

Going to need cheat sheets and secret decoder rings the morning/day of to maximize all of this. It's more work now during the vacation instead of 30/60 days before. Sucks for many hard-core planners.
Not really. Just go with the flow. With not allowing re-rides you will most likely get all the rides you want to ride each day. Genie+ makes doing Disney much better for me. Less park day planning the better.

Rotr you needed a virtual pass to ride even with DAS, the only difference is if the line was long they would let you use the Lightning Lane queue and bypass the line. I assume the same to be true for Ratatouille.

Hahahahaha seven dwarfs $10 per person. It’s a 45 second ride. That translates to ~50c per second. What a rip off.

the only attraction worth paying for would be ROTR just due to length. All the rest are a waste.
Its 2:50, if you're gonna do the math at least make it accurate.
The ride length wouldn't have any bearing on my decision to purchase, its the wait time I'm saving that would make it worth it.

Its 2:50, if you're gonna do the math at least make it accurate.
The ride length wouldn't have any bearing on my decision to purchase, its the wait time I'm saving that would make it worth it.

I didn’t do the math and it’s still a waste of money. Free extra magic hours back in the day with purchase of Disney room would get you 6 rides on 7 dwarfs.

Has there been any news on how rider swap will work with the paid lightning lane? If you have an older child and a younger one who can't ride, will the older get to ride twice with the second parent?

Has there been any news on how rider swap will work with the paid lightning lane? If you have an older child and a younger one who can't ride, will the older get to ride twice with the second parent?
I would imagine you would only buy the LL for those the ride. I don't think rider swap works with this. Unless you purchase LL for all members of your family but that would be a waste of LL if you ask me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter