Disney Genie Is Now Live Post Your Hints and Tips

Is Photo Pass included with Genie Plus? So let's say you plan to not get genie because it's cost prohibitive.

But one day you could have mom or dad spend the $20 to essentially get Photo Pass? Is that right?

I would be interested in hearing about the experience of photo pass with Genie Plus and it's a better "value" in CA or DL. In CA you would get the RSR photo for example?
Yes on the photopass! If only want photos need only one in your party with genie+ purchase. Can scan all your photographer pics and add all the ride photo numbers into that account. Build great family trip album for $20 per day.

We were there yesterday. I did not purchase Genie+ as I knew we would get to the park a bit later in the day (was at Merriest Nights the night before so slept in). We got into the park about 10 AM and by then Genie was down. We went over to the GS kiosk in Tomorrowland though to get a return time for a ride. Line was about 5-6 families deep and quickly learned what had been happening all morning. We were given a paper DAS (boy that felt strange) and used it all day. We left around 4 PM so sounds like things were back up after we had left. Our day went ok overall, but there were a lot of people in the park that were definitely a bit irked about the situation.

That sounds like a great day! I would have LOVED to have had 20 minute waits for rides on our October trip.
Hope the next trip the wait times are better for you!

Pirates was listed at 35 mins, literally took us 12 mins. Big Thunder about the same. Got in HM line said 45 mins, about 10 mins in they said it was down. Some people got out of line. Not a lot. Was up just a few mins later. Maybe 20 mins total. Longest time we spent was watching the line at GS grow around 10-11am, from the new Pelican Landing. And, Jack and Sally came out!

Attachments

• 606A0A88-720E-4B1B-8F43-E261C421127D.jpeg
    606A0A88-720E-4B1B-8F43-E261C421127D.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 14
I tried to post this last night, but boards down for nightly maintenance.

We went back in park at 6:15. Hit Star Tours. Posted time 10 minutes, we were on in 5. Since it was prime dining hour, places were busy so we just wanted something to tide us over. Ronto Roaster had immediate return for mobile order. Figured we’d share one then check out line for ROTR.

Posted wait time for ROTR at 7:15 was 75 minutes, but looking at the line, it looked shorter than anything we saw earlier in the day. Decided to jump in and were in Rey room 40 minutes later. Off the ride 30 minutes after that. I consider all the stuff from Rey room on as part of the ride. Never felt bothered by the line and let me tell you, I hate lines. I have no qualms paying for MaxPass or Genie+ so this is saying a lot.

Did some shopping then decided to grab Pozole at Rancho. While there, the fireworks started and we had a partial view while we shared our soup. Then we hit Jungle Cruise around 9:30. Posted wait time 10 minutes, on in less than that. Pirates at 9:50 with posted wait 20 minutes, on in less than 10. Haunted at 10:20 on in 10 minutes. Posted wait was 30 minutes. Over to Matterhorn, basically walk on. Tea Cups, walk on. Buzz 2 times in a row, walk on.

By now it’s 11:30 and we called it a night. We could have done Space with very short wait, but it’s not our favorite and we were tired. Stopped for a coffee to warm up in the room in the morning.

Daughter has a zoom meeting with Professor this morning so we won’t hit the park (DCA) until after she is done. We had to give up a Lamplight Lounge reservation at noon as professor tends to go long so we plan to do festival booths, enjoy the holiday entertainment and play it by ear regarding rides. If Genie+ is up and running, we will likely give it a go. Like I said, I hate lines and I’m curious to see how/if it runs smoothly or if it runs at all.

All in all, I’d say we had a successful day. It did require a bit of mental maneuvering and flexibility. Our original plan, Plan A, when Genie+ was announced for fall debut was to use virtual queue one last time as we had great success with it mid September (3 for 3 on ROTR and 1 for 1 on Web). Then virtual queues were eliminated, okay plan B. Two days before visit, Genie+ launch date announced, okay plan C. We get here, nope not working, back to plan B.

Was the launch what Disney would have wanted? Not by a long shot. Did the day have us thinking on our feet and sometimes making less than perfect decisions? Oh yes it did. But overall, we had a great time. Weather was beautiful, we laughed a lot, ate more than we should, had great interactions with CMs and guests and didn’t focus on the occasional unpleasant moments. Here’s hoping Thursday is another good day along with what is forecasted to be buckets of rain.

Has anyone been able to access Genie if they haven't been in the park? We have reservations for 12/14 and when I click Get Started with Disney Genie, I get a screen that says:

"Not Quite Ready to Craft Your Day"
"Disney Genie can't wait to get started!"
"You'll just need to make a theme park reservation first."

and a "Schedule Park Visit" button. When I press that, it takes me to my account in a web browser and when I log in it shows my reservation (my reservation also shows in the app), but when I go back to the app, it says "Granting your wish to get started." and then goes right back to the "Not Quite Ready to Craft Your Day" screen where I can "Schedule Park Visit" again.

In street talk we call that getting the runaround. In coding, it's called an endless loop! In the meantime I've included all of that in the support chat in the app and still waiting for a response since 7:30 AM yesterday. That's more than 24 hours. I'm guessing that they shut down Genie access for anyone that's not in the park and hasn't previously accessed it.

Has anyone been able to access Genie if they haven't been in the park? We have reservations for 12/14 and when I click Get Started with Disney Genie, I get a screen that says:

and a "Schedule Park Visit" button. When I press that, it takes me to my account in a web browser and when I log in it shows my reservation (my reservation also shows in the app), but when I go back to the app, it says "Granting your wish to get started." and then goes right back to the "Not Quite Ready to Craft Your Day" screen where I can "Schedule Park Visit" again.

In street talk we call that getting the runaround. In coding, it's called an endless loop! In the meantime I've included all of that in the support chat in the app and still waiting for a response since 7:30 AM yesterday. That's more than 24 hours. I'm guessing that they shut down Genie access for anyone that's not in the park and hasn't previously accessed it.

Not sure what you expect to do prior to your visit. Genie at Disneyland only starts working AFTER you have scanned into a park. There isn't anything you can do beforehand.

We were there yesterday. I did not purchase Genie+ as I knew we would get to the park a bit later in the day (was at Merriest Nights the night before so slept in). We got into the park about 10 AM and by then Genie was down. We went over to the GS kiosk in Tomorrowland though to get a return time for a ride. Line was about 5-6 families deep and quickly learned what had been happening all morning. We were given a paper DAS (boy that felt strange) and used it all day. We left around 4 PM so sounds like things were back up after we had left. Our day went ok overall, but there were a lot of people in the park that were definitely a bit irked about the situation.
How does the paper DAS work? Do they give you the paper pass, and you just show it at each ride and they give you a return time or do you have to go to Guest Services and get a new paper pass for each ride? Assuming the latter wasnt the case or you would have been waiting in GS lines all day due to the Genie issues.

Yes, I'm in Ireland and have part tickets and reservations for January. I just checked right now after reading your post and everything works fine. I just clicked through to one of the days I havent inputted any info and I could go right through all the steps.

Yes, I'm in Ireland and have part tickets and reservations for January. I just checked right now after reading your post and everything works fine. I just clicked through to one of the days I havent inputted any info and I could go right through all the steps.

The steps to do what? What am I missing? What can you do before arriving?

Not sure what you expect to do prior to your visit. Genie at Disneyland only starts working AFTER you have scanned into a park. There isn't anything you can do beforehand.

Actually there is. On the free Genie system you can input your top 10 attractions, any dining options you are interested in, any special experiences you are interested in, and what type of parks experience you want to focus on. Your dining reservations are pre loaded. It will then give you a countdown to that day, as in a message will appear that tells you in x amount of days ie on the actual day of your park reservation, Disney Genie will be able to find the best ways to fit your top experiences into your itinerary.

Actually there is. On the free Genie system you can input your top 10 attractions, any dining options you are interested in, any special experiences you are interested in, and what type of parks experience you want to focus on. Your dining reservations are pre loaded. It will then give you a countdown to that day, as in a message will appear that tells you in x amount of days ie on the actual day of your park reservation, Disney Genie will be able to find the best ways to fit your top experiences into your itinerary.

Oh, right. The "crowd management" part of Genie. I went through that process and it's silly. Recommending Disney Jr. Dance party for my family with 15 and 17 year old boys. 😆 I won't be using that either. We know what we like to do.

Oh, right. The "crowd management" part of Genie. I went through that process and it's silly. Recommending Disney Jr. Dance party for my family with 15 and 17 year old boys. 😆 I won't be using that either. We know what we like to do.

for you it might be "silly" as you are a local and can go to the parks anytime you want. For someone like me, who hasnt been to the parks since June 2019 and was banned from entering The USA from March 2020 to November 2021, even something as small as being able to be be part of the Genie launch and be able to use some functions from half way across the world is just AMAZING!!

I thought you could start planning your day.

I mean, that's how they make it seem, but really the logarithms can't give you real time recommendations until you are in the park. And don't expect the recommendations to actually align with what you want to do. You will be steered towards things with less people.

How does the paper DAS work? Do they give you the paper pass, and you just show it at each ride and they give you a return time or do you have to go to Guest Services and get a new paper pass for each ride? Assuming the latter wasnt the case or you would have been waiting in GS lines all day due to the Genie issues.

They gave me a card that has a ton of lines listed that can be filled in for return times. I went to the GS kiosks for most of my return times. Honestly, the lines were hit or miss. Some would have a line of about 6-8 families. One I walked up and there were no guests and 3 plaids standing there. I avoided the Main Street ones though. I hit the one by Haunted, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland (by Matterhorn). As I would use one time, they would cross that one off and initial it. And then I could get my next one. At Haunted Mansion, I went to the ride and since we had the wheelchair too, they just handed me a pre-written one and sent us straight over to ride. It was definitely a strange day.

Yesterday, I had the exact same experience, and I have a reservation for this Saturday 12/11. But early this morning, I was able to click the 11 (couldn't do it yesterday), and then select the rides, dining, experiences etc. that I wanted for the plan your day feature.

I think though we can't purchase Genie + until in the park (I did see another post somewhere that said you could do it after midnight day of, but that remains to be seen.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter