Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
An update from my experience regarding cashing out in Disney gc's via personal sellers: It went great! :dogdance:

I was super nervous that I was going to be out a huge chunk of money but everything went great. I used two different sellers, one I bought a $500 giftcard from and they emailed me right away asking if I wanted to wait for the giftcard in the mail or if I wanted the giftcard number. It's probably frowned upon to exchange via email but I opted to do that I loaded the full balance onto one of my Disney cards right away. The other $2300 I bought from one seller. He had over 4k positive reviews. I bought the initial $500 and then emailed him asking how much more I could do as he posted in his listing that he had others available. He was willing to break up the orders to less than $1000 to maximize ebay bucks which was nice.

I got the cards in the mail on Thursday. I was a little worried because they all had the grey stuff scratched off already but I wonder if he double checked the balances before sending them? Not sure. Either way I had a good experience and would use him again in the future. He was really quick to respond back as well. I don't know if I can post actual user names on here? His name starts with an O and he has 4593 positive ratings and nothing negative in the last 12 months. PM if you want the name.

An update from my experience regarding cashing out in Disney gc's via personal sellers: It went great! :dogdance:

I was super nervous that I was going to be out a huge chunk of money but everything went great. I used two different sellers, one I bought a $500 giftcard from and they emailed me right away asking if I wanted to wait for the giftcard in the mail or if I wanted the giftcard number. It's probably frowned upon to exchange via email but I opted to do that I loaded the full balance onto one of my Disney cards right away. The other $2300 I bought from one seller. He had over 4k positive reviews. I bought the initial $500 and then emailed him asking how much more I could do as he posted in his listing that he had others available. He was willing to break up the orders to less than $1000 to maximize ebay bucks which was nice.

I got the cards in the mail on Thursday. I was a little worried because they all had the grey stuff scratched off already but I wonder if he double checked the balances before sending them? Not sure. Either way I had a good experience and would use him again in the future. He was really quick to respond back as well. I don't know if I can post actual user names on here? His name starts with an O and he has 4593 positive ratings and nothing negative in the last 12 months. PM if you want the name.

I ordered Disney cards from 2 different sellers. They both just shipped today, so I am hoping to get the cards in the next few days. I got a $400 card from probably the same seller as you get the $2300. I also got a $100 card from another seller using the $15 eBay coupon just the other day, so hoping these all turn out well.

I've never gotten a $15 off coupon email....do you have to check the site?

Has anybody ever tried buying anything through the Best Buy Ebay store?

On the ebay store, it says you can return items bought in-store. I was thinking about purchasing something online through the ebay store with an ebay GC and then exchanging it in store for a Disney GC :idea:

Edit: I'll be the guinea pig and I'm going to try this out. Will report back as soon as I get my item in.

Update: Ebay GC worked for the purchase of a pair of $250 earphones. Even better is that you can pick up the new items in store, so I wouldn't have to wait for shipping :) I'm going to head over there after I get off from work today. I'm wondering if I should wait a bit before returning said item or just go back in today to a different Best Buy location that is closer to my house.

Things are looking good :drive:

Alright. Best Buy story time...

Okay, So I got off from work really tired and didn't want to Best Buy hop as it's 109 degrees right now here in Vegas. I walked right in to the one next to my job and grabbed a $25-$500 Disney gift card from the rack. I walked up to customer service where you pick up in store items. CS rep asked for my ID and last name. She walked into the back and grabbed the headphones. When she came back out I just went ahead and asked "Would I be able to just exchange the headphones and put everything on this Disney card instead?"

She started to type on the computer...

Didn't say a single word...

and then she finally says...

Did you want it all on the card?

It worked. Guys... it absolutely worked. No PPDG, and I was able to get a precious Disney GC loaded and into my hands. Walt would have been proud. Now as always YMMV, but the system takes it. I don't know if Best Buy has a return/exchange maximum or if they go through accounts to look for "suspicious behavior" like this and ban so don't come crying to me if you can't return your $4,000 macbook or whatever (hey, I'm just trying to protect myself here... haha.:duck:)

Keep the churning alive, folks.

:dancer:party::banana::jumping1::dance3::cool1::cheer2:

Okay, So I got off from work really tired and didn't want to Best Buy hop as it's 109 degrees right now here in Vegas. I walked right in to the one next to my job and grabbed a $25-$500 Disney gift card from the rack. I walked up to customer service where you pick up in store items. CS rep asked for my ID and last name. She walked into the back and grabbed the headphones. When she came back out I just went ahead and asked "Would I be able to just exchange the headphones and put everything on this Disney card instead?"

It worked. Guys... it absolutely worked. No PPDG, and I was able to get a precious Disney GC loaded and into my hands. Walt would have been proud. Now as always YMMV, but the system takes it. I don't know if Best Buy has a return/exchange maximum or if they go through accounts to look for "suspicious behavior" like this and ban so don't come crying to me if you can't return your $4,000 macbook or whatever (hey, I'm just trying to protect myself here... haha.:duck:)

I knew someone in high school that worked at Best Buy and he said that they do track returns. And they will refuse returns if they become excessive because it looks suspicious. They are very concerned with fraudulent returns because they loose a lot of money that way. Just what I was told many years ago.

I don't really think they lost too much in this case, aside from some profit because obviously the markup on $250 headphones is more than on a Disney gift card.

ETA: But regardless I'm sure a lot of those types of transactions and they'll take some action. No question about that.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am going to test it in my area as well. I assume that any portal used will grab back the rewards, but does anyone know if ebucks get clawed back if you return an item?

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am going to test it in my area as well. I assume that any portal used will grab back the rewards, but does anyone know if ebucks get clawed back if you return an item?

I would say you're pretty safe. I've had transactions cancelled directly on eBay and still received the bucks.

Why would they grab back the rewards? It's essentially an exchange. I mean, I wouldn't do this frequently (or maybe ever), but in the end, he still walked out of BB with $250 worth of "merchandise " that @JKalai paid for - the margins may not be the same, but still...

Why would they grab back the rewards? It's essentially an exchange. I mean, I wouldn't do this frequently (or maybe ever), but in the end, he still walked out of BB with $250 worth of "merchandise " that @JKalai paid for - the margins may not be the same, but still...
I guess I am thinking more of a return instead of an exchange.

I guess I am thinking more of a return instead of an exchange.

For what it's worth, it has EXCHANGE in really big font on the receipt. I also purchase a lot of other things like movies and video games from Best Buy frequently. My plan in this is to just convert the $500 in eBay bucks I recieve (if I reach it) every quarter and keep the rest for churning.

I don't have a planned Disney trip coming up, so I have time on my side.

Has anyone used a Speedway gift card to buy a third-party gift card? I am going to assume it won't work, but since we use Speedway a lot, I thought about buying a $25 Speedway card and trying to get a $25 eBay card with it . If it doesn't work, oh well...I can use it to put gas in my truck (I need it anyways:) If it works...YEAH! I see that SVM sells Speedway gift cards so that would be my new churn. It seems too good to be true so I doubt it is going to work, but I will give it at try.

Stay tuned....

UPDATE...

I just found the T&C on Speedway's site and it specifically excludes "other pre-paid cards" under the "Fuel and Merchandise" cards. Bummer...well, back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter