Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ally Bank Visa card offers a 2% rebate on gas and groceries and if you have an Ally bank account (checking, savings or money market), you also earn a 10% bonus if you redeem your cashback into the account.

For example, I have an Ally money market account and I have it set up so that I get $75 every paycheck transferred into it. I received a debit/ATM card so I can access the money any time I need it, but I have it all earmarked for vacation money. I just opened the Ally Visa card too and they offered a $100 bonus after spending $500 in the first three months....not a problem. When I redeemed the cashback, instead of getting a $100 check or statement credit, I opted to have it deposited into my money market account and I received $110 instead. The minimum to redeem is $25 but you don't have to do it in $25 increments. The biggest downside (and when you are saving for a vacation, it's actually a plus) is that the funds often take several days before they become available. They are getting better, but it is still 2-3 days before the money from my paycheck (which is initially DD'd into my B&M bank and transferred electronically to Ally) is actually available for me to use. In reality, I use the credit card to make my vacation-related purchases and then pay it off from the money market account.

That's good info, I have a savings account with them but hadn't paid much attention to their credit cards. Thanks!

In addition to @Marionnette's post, I'd add that certain credit cards will give you additional rewards, cash back, or offers that translate to discounts on Disney gift cards.
  • Discover cards are offering 5% back this quarter (and next?) at warehouse stores like Sam's Club and BJ's, which sell discounted Disney Gift Cards. The Chase Freedom card offered the warehouse savings category for most of last year.
  • I think some people use the Chase Ink cards for 5% back at PayPal Digital Gifts and office supply stores like Staples, which sell third-party gift cards.
  • Some people have the Amex Blue Cash card for 6% back at grocery stores that sell third-party gift cards, and combine this with fuel perk promotions.
  • Amex also occasionally comes out with "offers" (sometimes targeted) for $xx statement credit when you spend $xxx at places like Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowe's, Staples, JcPenney, Joann's, Target, etc., which sell Disney Gift Cards or third-party gift cards that can be used to buy Disney cards. ETA: People add authorized users to their Amex cards to increase the chances of getting offers and the number of times they can use them.

Do all of the stores listed in your last bullet, allow you to buy Disney GCs with their GCs? I know Target and Best Buy do, but I wasn't sure about the others.

Do all of the stores listed in your last bullet, allow you to buy Disney GCs with their GCs? I know Target and Best Buy do, but I wasn't sure about the others.

No, but a lot of those stores do sell Disney gift cards, or some other kind of gift card that's useful to saving money.

Since this bullet is about Amex Offers, which you have to "add" to your Amex card, and use that Amex card to redeem, you're using an Amex card to buy the Disney (or other third-party) gift card -- not gift card to buy another gift card.

No, but a lot of those stores do sell Disney gift cards, or some other kind of gift card that's useful to saving money.

Since this bullet is about Amex Offers, which you have to "add" to your Amex card, and use that Amex card to redeem, you're using an Amex card to buy the Disney (or other third-party) gift card -- not gift card to buy another gift card.

Thank you. I knew the bullet was about Amex offers, but it triggered my curiosity around which stores allow you to purchase Disney GC with other GCs. I already have other credit cards and am not looking to get a new one for the time being, so I have been purchasing GC through Target with discounted Target GCs. Just wasn't sure if there were better options and which other stores allowed you to do this.

Not sure where to post this but when you get several gift cards do you store them online anywhere? If so where?
I saw disneygiftcard . com but was not sure about it. Thanks

Not sure where to post this but when you get several gift cards do you store them online anywhere? If so where?

Disneygiftcard.com does not store the gift card number (only the last 4 numbers). The idea being that if someone hacks the account they will not have your gift card number.

Personally, I store my gift card numbers in an encrypted word document on my local computer (ie, a word document with a password). I would never store my gift card numbers in any online or cloud based system, as those can get hacked.

Last edited:
You can combine them onto one so you can have one larger one, up to $1000.
This will be so helpful, as I'm planning on buying a few $50 cards a month to use towards our campsite at Ft Wilderness. I'll feel so much better about having one card!

This will be so helpful, as I'm planning on buying a few $50 cards a month to use towards our campsite at Ft Wilderness. I'll feel so much better about having one card!
It is so much easier. Some people bring two incase you loose one, then you can transfer the balance over to the one you still have.

These may have been mentioned already but if not, I thought I'd share...

Discover It card is giving 5% back on warehouse clubs this quarter and next. PLUS if you sign up now as a new cardholder you receive an additional 5% back in rewards. So my savings looks like this: Buy $1500 (3 $500 gcs) in Disney gc from Sams for $1425 (it's actually a little more because it's not an even 5% off but for easy math I'm going to round). Then get $71.25 back from Discover the first month and an additional $71.25 back at the end of the year for doubling my cash back. That comes out to $1282.50 for $1500 in gc or a 15% savings. You can do this once between Jan - March and then again April - June.

I also received an invite from American Express Blue Cash Everyday Card for a $250 bonus when I spend $1000 (25% savings). So again, buy at Sams making it an additional 5% savings. I don't know if this is available to everyone but it would definitely be worth checking into.

I combine mine on disneygiftcard.com and then immediately load the balance to my Disney vacation account. You get a bonus back on every $1000 you spend from the DVA. So we're using it to pay for our package.

Discover It card is giving 5% back on warehouse clubs this quarter and next. PLUS if you sign up now as a new cardholder you receive an additional 5% back in rewards. So my savings looks like this: Buy $1500 (3 $500 gcs) in Disney gc from Sams for $1425 (it's actually a little more because it's not an even 5% off but for easy math I'm going to round). Then get $71.25 back from Discover the first month and an additional $71.25 back at the end of the year for doubling my cash back. That comes out to $1282.50 for $1500 in gc or a 15% savings. You can do this once between Jan - March and then again April - June.

I'm also wondering if you could go through Discover Deals (Sams is on their portal) to purchase the Disney cards online and get the 5% back there too (10% doubled). Generally, I believe gift cards are excluded, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this. I noticed they also have Landry's at an excellent discount. I feel like we've discussed this here before, but my again brain fails me.

Sam's doesn't let you buy a 3rd party gift card with a Sam's gift card do they? Does Walmart?

I'm also wondering if you could go through Discover Deals (Sams is on their portal) to purchase the Disney cards online and get the 5% back there too (10% doubled). Generally, I believe gift cards are excluded, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this. I noticed they also have Landry's at an excellent discount. I feel like we've discussed this here before, but my again brain fails me.

Sam's doesn't let you buy a 3rd party gift card with a Sam's gift card do they? Does Walmart?

I didn't know about the Discover Deals but I will look into that and let you know.

I cashed in all of my Sams gift cards that I received through Swagbucks for a $500 Disney gc the other day with no problem. The cashier was intrigued and asked me how I received so many gift cards. We had a good conversation about Swagbucks.

I didn't know about the Discover Deals but I will look into that and let you know.

I cashed in all of my Sams gift cards that I received through Swagbucks for a $500 Disney gc the other day with no problem. The cashier was intrigued and asked me how I received so many gift cards. We had a good conversation about Swagbucks.
Do you know if Sam's allows you to do this online as well or only in store? Our local Sam's doesn't carry Disney GC though I know they have them online.

You can use up to four gift cards online at Sam's I believe. I use my Swagbucks to order online from Sam's rather than in store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter