Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to get ~$800 worth of Disney gift cards this week. Quickest and easiest way to save the money seems to be to gift the Best Buy gift cards from me to hubby and from him to me (this should work, right? 2 - $200 cards each = $800). Then in 2 weeks I should get $80 back. I'll add the Disney gift cards I buy to my DVA and then buy the annual pass with it, saving another 2% down the line when I get my bonus.

Sound kosher? My 60 day FP+ window is coming up and I decided to grab an AP.

ETA: Also paying for the gift cards with my Southwest card, we don't have any of the cool cards but at least I will get some miles out of it.

Also, what is the deal with Sears? I have a Sears credit card.

Is there a Best Buy promo right now or something?

Previous experience with this promo through Cashstar tells me, yes, the savings code looks and acts like a egift card code, and you can use them to purchase third-party gift cards (ymmv depending on store, but the in-store pos system will allow it). Best Buy and Cashstar call these "savings codes" or "promotional codes" so they can have an expiration date on them. "Gift cards" are not supposed to expire or lose value.
This is what I saw above so I'm guess yes. There's more on 1269 and 1270.

Sears used to be a more important player in gift card savings back when you could get their gift cards at a discount (eBay bucks) on eBay and use them at Kmart to buy Disney gc. The Kmart near me is going out of business so I can't go that route anymore anyway. But Sears does carry gift cards. I don't know of any deals there though. If you find any through your Sears card let us know!

Sears used to be a more important player in gift card savings back when you could get their gift cards at a discount (eBay bucks) on eBay and use them at Kmart to buy Disney gc. The Kmart near me is going out of business so I can't go that route anymore anyway. But Sears does carry gift cards. I don't know of any deals there though. If you find any through your Sears card let us know!
Most Sears stores do not allow you to buy Disney cards with Sears gc, that's why everyone went the Kmart route.
I once drove close to 100 miles to the Kmart closest to me after I tried my local Sears. :crazy: I had paper ecards, and they had lots of problems getting the cards to work. THey also only had $25 Disney cards, so that sale took FOREVER to complete.:scared: I don't recommend copying me!

Do you have to gift the card to someone else? Has anyone tried using your own name?
Based on other egifts, yes, you can gift it to yourself. I haven't tried specifically with this one. I would use hubby's email for 2 - 200s and mine for the other 2.

I need to get ~$800 worth of Disney gift cards this week. Quickest and easiest way to save the money seems to be to gift the Best Buy gift cards from me to hubby and from him to me (this should work, right? 2 - $200 cards each = $800). Then in 2 weeks I should get $80 back. I'll add the Disney gift cards I buy to my DVA and then buy the annual pass with it, saving another 2% down the line when I get my bonus.

Sound kosher? My 60 day FP+ window is coming up and I decided to grab an AP.

ETA: Also paying for the gift cards with my Southwest card, we don't have any of the cool cards but at least I will get some miles out of it.

Also, what is the deal with Sears? I have a Sears credit card.
Sears mastercard is my new favorite credit card for travel rewards. I have had it forever, and haven't used it is years, then I got this offer last fall for a bonus of 10x on purchases in Grocery and gas. So that ended up being 11 points for every dollar, for a maximum of 10,000 points per month. I used that card for all my Kroger GC purchases, regular grocery and gas, and easily hit the $1000 spend per month. These offers are quarterly, but I didn't see it until Nov., so I was only able to earn 20,000 points for that quarter. This quarter they offered it again, but with a 8000 point cap per month. I am maxing that out each month for 24,000 more points this quarter. My total will be 44,000 points, which I can use for $440 for airline travel. That's a roundtrip airfare for me to Orlando, and I didn't spend any more than I was planning on, I just made sure I only used this card for grocery and gas. Like I said "my new favorite credit card".

Sears mastercard is my new favorite credit card for travel rewards. I have had it forever, and haven't used it is years, then I got this offer last fall for a bonus of 10x on purchases in Grocery and gas. So that ended up being 11 points for every dollar, for a maximum of 10,000 points per month. I used that card for all my Kroger GC purchases, regular grocery and gas, and easily hit the $1000 spend per month. These offers are quarterly, but I didn't see it until Nov., so I was only able to earn 20,000 points for that quarter. This quarter they offered it again, but with a 8000 point cap per month. I am maxing that out each month for 24,000 more points this quarter. My total will be 44,000 points, which I can use for $440 for airline travel. That's a roundtrip airfare for me to Orlando, and I didn't spend any more than I was planning on, I just made sure I only used this card for grocery and gas. Like I said "my new favorite credit card".
Well, dang. I need to check this out! I have had it forever. I have the Thank You rewards though, is that the same thing you are talking about? That's better than Southwest which I normally use for everything.

Well, dang. I need to check this out! I have had it forever. I have the Thank You rewards though, is that the same thing you are talking about? That's better than Southwest which I normally use for everything.
Yes it is thank you rewards. I thought I was going to use it for SYWR, but then I found the purchase travel option. I don't have the option to transfer to a rewards program, but using it to buy tickets works great for me.

Yes it is thank you rewards. I thought I was going to use it for SYWR, but then I found the purchase travel option. I don't have the option to transfer to a rewards program, but using it to buy tickets works great for me.
Just checked mine, I'm at 5% and 3% for gas and groceries right now.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, and I never shop on Best Buy .Com, but for the $20 off $200 promo, is it only buying BB GC? I might be able to convert another GC to BB...could I buy the egift card with the physical BB GC or will the order get cancelled?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, and I never shop on Best Buy .Com, but for the $20 off $200 promo, is it only buying BB GC? I might be able to convert another GC to BB...could I buy the egift card with the physical BB GC or will the order get cancelled?
You won't even get the opportunity to enter a gift card to purchase, only credit cards can be used.

Make sure you check your emails for bonus offers as well.
Omg, thank you! I checked it and I totally do have that! Activated it :D

Ok, so best way to make this work for me...

We have a Kroger/Fred Meyer - should I buy Disney gift cards there with the 4x rewards? Then I would double up - get the gas rewards and the 10% back.

Help please. I purchased the Best Buy gift cards and tried to order Disney gift cards and the order was cancelled. I've ready so many posts I'm a little confused... Will I be able to purchase Disney gift cards with my Best Buy e-gift card if I go into the store? Is that what I did wrong? I know I read Target had to be in the store.

Help please. I purchased the Best Buy gift cards and tried to order Disney gift cards and the order was cancelled. I've ready so many posts I'm a little confused... Will I be able to purchase Disney gift cards with my Best Buy e-gift card if I go into the store? Is that what I did wrong? I know I read Target had to be in the store.
Yes you have to go in to best buy and use the e-gift cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter