Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
In store? Limits are only imposed by store managers. Some stores strictly limit to like a couple hindered dollars, others you can buy a couple thousand. Best bet is to go early in the morning and buy what you want. If the cashier stops the transaction from going through and tells you there’s a limit go back that evening and pick up the rest.

Make sure to give it a few hours and then check your gift cards to assure they activated properly.

Online.

Doesn't the GC balance print out on your receipt? That should have been evidence enough that you had money left on it. Oh well, glad you got it all figured out!!
I left out some of the details of what went on since my post was already long.
I had the receipt from when I had exchanged my smaller cards for one large card, and that was what the manager used to find the correct gift card in the trash. I was lucky that I remembered it, because the stress of being late for my son was making me frantic. But I didn't want to leave $105 in a trash can - for the cashier to possibly retrieve. I couldn't tell if she was clueless or if it was just an act, but I could definitely tell that she was trying to make it look like she had done nothing wrong.

[QUOTE="Narnia_girl, post: 59670391, member: 238510"
  • Not a Sam’s member? A Sam’s membership costs $45 so it might seem like joining would eat up all your savings. However, if you use a referral link to buy the membership online, Sam’s will email you a gift card for $20. If you pay with a credit card that’s linked to Dosh, you earn $20 cash back immediately. This does not count toward the $20 per day maximum cash back on purchases. You would still pay $45, but you get $20 back from Sam’s and $20 back from Dosh. That brings the net cost down to $5 for full year’s membership.
[/QUOTE]

Does the $20 back for the membership credit from Dosh if you pay online? I did use a referral offer and paid $24.88 with a $5 gift card but received a code to activate my membership online. I did not use my card linked to Dosh because I thought the Dosh promos were for in store only with Sam's Club? I do not have a club near me but for $20 may have waited to activate my membership when I was near one!!

With the Dosh anod Sam's deal...if i have 2 credit cards linked with dosh can I do 2 separate transactions in 1 day at Sam's? Or does it need to be separated by 24 hours regardless?

Wow so Wells Fargo just sent me some really great offers up to $70 cashback for Staples, Office Depot, Kmart, and JC Penney each and $100 cashback for Macys.

There isn’t a Kmart within 100 miles of me. Hopefully I can find one still standing on a weekend trip while my brother is at football camp. Do they have any left in Atlanta?

Should be able to find Visa/Mastercard gift cards at Staples and Office Depot.

I doubt it but I’ll check Macys and JC Penney for third party gift cards. If not I really need to stock up on a lot of stuff they sell at both places.

if I’m able to do all 5 offers that’ll pay off my flight.

With the Dosh anod Sam's deal...if i have 2 credit cards linked with dosh can I do 2 separate transactions in 1 day at Sam's? Or does it need to be separated by 24 hours regardless?
You would need two credit cards linked to separate dosh accounts. For example, I have one linked to my husband's phone, one linked to my personal phone, and one linked to my work phone to allow me to use three credit cards at a time and purchase $600 in Sams gift cards per 24 hour period. Dosh just updated the promo with an end date of tomorrow, and I am super bummed. I needed it to last until Labor Day in order to pay off my trip :(

Wow so Wells Fargo just sent me some really great offers up to $70 cashback for Staples, Office Depot, Kmart, and JC Penney each and $100 cashback for Macys.

There isn’t a Kmart within 100 miles of me. Hopefully I can find one still standing on a weekend trip while my brother is at football camp. Do they have any left in Atlanta?

Should be able to find Visa/Mastercard gift cards at Staples and Office Depot.

I doubt it but I’ll check Macys and JC Penney for third party gift cards. If not I really need to stock up on a lot of stuff they sell at both places.

if I’m able to do all 5 offers that’ll pay off my flight.
I'm so sad I closed my WF accounts now... FWIW a year or two ago I remember buying 3rd party gift cards at my JCP, idk if they still sell them.

You would need two credit cards linked to separate dosh accounts. For example, I have one linked to my husband's phone, one linked to my personal phone, and one linked to my work phone to allow me to use three credit cards at a time and purchase $600 in Sams gift cards per 24 hour period. Dosh just updated the promo with an end date of tomorrow, and I am super bummed. I needed it to last until Labor Day in order to pay off my trip :(

Thank you that helps! I will add to my husbands phone!

That is a bummer it ends tomorrow!

I went to Target today and boy have things changed! I haven't been on the board much since we went to WDW in January, due to post Disney depression. Without having a firm date of when we are going back, I just didnt have it in me. But I learned the hard way that I should have been following this board
See what happens? JK, seriously though, doesn't it seem like Target doesn't want us to go to Disney?!?

Someone on my FB cruise page shared a detailed Dosh explanation from another blog. I'm pasting it here in case it helps someone else. I have not tried this. I don't even use DOSH, but I'll probably walk through these steps and give it a try.
  • Payment method You have to make the purchase with a credit card linked to your Dosh account. If you use a debit card, you must run it as a credit card. If you have a debit card with a chip in it, the system is running it as a debit card even if you tell it to run as a credit. Dosh is aware of this. Save your receipt and put in a ticket with Dosh support. They should credit your account for the correct amount.
  • Location You have to make your purchase in store. Dosh does not apply to online payments or purchases made through Scan and Go.
  • Disney gift card options Most locations carry Disney gift cards in a $150 pack or a $500 card. A few stores have started selling a $50 Disney gift card. The $50 card is $47.98 which is 4.04% off. The $150 pack at most stores is $144.98 which is 3.35% off, but some stores have it for $142.98 which is 4.68% off. The $500 card is $484.98 which is 3% off.
  • Best option None of the above! Since none of the Disney gift card options would result in spending exactly $200, none of them would allow you to maximize the savings potential of this deal. However, Dosh pays cash back on the purchase of Sam’s gift cards, too. The best option is to buy a $200 Sam’s gift card. You can then use this gift card to buy Disney gift cards. For those of us who have the $150 pack for $144.98, the best option is to use the Sam’s gift card to buy the Disney gift card online (where it’s $142.98). There is one caveat to this – in order to make it the best deal, you need to make sure you have a use for the full Sam’s gift card. Don’t spend more than you need just to save more.
I just bought the $150 pack of cards and used my debit card but declined paying by using my PIN, which should have forced me to sign like a cc.....however, as I waited to sign, the receipt printed up without requiring signature. I have a chip debit card. Hm. By the time I got to my car in the parking lot, I had a DOSH credit of $14.43. so it appears I did get the credit, even with using my chipped debit card as credit. I really wish I hadn't already purchased $500 worth of disney cards at Target and another $300 worth from SAMS online! Thanks for this explanation of DOSH!

Big bummer! I will try tomorrow.....exactly 24 hours and one minute after today's purchase!

[QUOTE="Narnia_girl, post: 59670391, member: 238510"
  • Not a Sam’s member? A Sam’s membership costs $45 so it might seem like joining would eat up all your savings. However, if you use a referral link to buy the membership online, Sam’s will email you a gift card for $20. If you pay with a credit card that’s linked to Dosh, you earn $20 cash back immediately. This does not count toward the $20 per day maximum cash back on purchases. You would still pay $45, but you get $20 back from Sam’s and $20 back from Dosh. That brings the net cost down to $5 for full year’s membership.

Does the $20 back for the membership credit from Dosh if you pay online? I did use a referral offer and paid $24.88 with a $5 gift card but received a code to activate my membership online. I did not use my card linked to Dosh because I thought the Dosh promos were for in store only with Sam's Club? I do not have a club near me but for $20 may have waited to activate my membership when I was near one!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this. I am not a Dosh user but shared this info from another source. I always buy by Sam's Club membership through Groupon.

How long should it take to post? Not seeing it after 3+ hours of making a purchase with my linked MasterCard....

I usually see my credit by the time I get to my car.
Welllll crap. Guess I’ll file a ticket and hope for the best. I was going to try to go tomorrow for another bonus before the end of the promo, but now I’m wondering if it’s pointless.

Where do you find end date. Dosh just replied to their Sam’s club thread on FB and said no end date yet. Sure it will be soon but I was hoping for 31st.

Where do you find end date. Dosh just replied to their Sam’s club thread on FB and said no end date yet. Sure it will be soon but I was hoping for 31st.
If you click on the info for the deal in the Dosh app it says until 8/29. I am hoping that means through 8/29 and that it will still work tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter