• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got credit when they had the $100 MCs and also on an order of ink plus a $15 eGC to hit the RMN minimum. I have about $20 of stuff to order online (that they don't carry in store so I've been debating if I should get another GC to trigger RMN :)

I would give it a shot. Every order I've done has gone through fine. I know it's not guaranteed, but it does seem to be working so far. Fingers crossed.

Some quick DPs.

Finally got 150 packs of Disney Gift Cards to pull up on sams.com. I couldn't find by searching. They would only come up when I looked up my order history and click on the item from there. I had been trying this (both ways) for a while now, but today I was able to order 2 packs.

I did the RMN offer with an order on my acct and on DH's. Hopefully that will go through, it has in the past.

On mine, I was curious about the Dosh CB, so even though I had Walmart gift cards, I let $6 go on my Freedom card (which is linked to dosh). I immediately got an email with from Dosh with the CB notification.

I just want to run this strategy by those who have better insight than me.

1. Discover has 5% at warehouses this quarter. I'm also still in my first year, so any purchases would double to an effective 10% on my anniversary in December.
  2. Buy a $200 Vanilla Visa at Sam's for $206.48. Net cash back from Discover = $20.65.
  3. Use Visa GC at BB with SB QR during 2 visits to buy 2 $100 Disney GCs. Get 1500 bonus SB plus 400 shopping SB. Value = $19.00.
  4. Total rewards value = $39.65 or roughly 19.8% savings.
  5. I would also get 250 BB Rewards points (250 pts. = $5 rewards certificate).
Does anyone see any reason why this might not work?

Some quick DPs.

Finally got 150 packs of Disney Gift Cards to pull up on sams.com. I couldn't find by searching. They would only come up when I looked up my order history and click on the item from there. I had been trying this (both ways) for a while now, but today I was able to order 2 packs.

I did the RMN offer with an order on my acct and on DH's. Hopefully that will go through, it has in the past.

On mine, I was curious about the Dosh CB, so even though I had Walmart gift cards, I let $6 go on my Freedom card (which is linked to dosh). I immediately got an email with from Dosh with the CB notification.
I should have read your whole post before ordering... I forgot about Dosh. I had $60 in GCs to use from reward sites, plus a $10 off $50 AMEX offer, and then used $30 on an old Visa GC I had. I did go through RMN which has worked for me in the past too. Should have linked my AMEX to Dosh!

I take it you just get one $50 Happy Card at the $7.50 discount...but can you use that same coupon to go in later and buy another one or is the coupon only a one time use?

My Safeway has variable load Happy cards that could be loaded with between $20 and $500. The 10% or 15% discount kicked in when you purchased $50 or more so you would get more than $7.50 off if you purchased more than $50. My Just4You coupon says unlimited use. I purchased both the Happy Kid and Happy Eats and both are still in my account.

Some quick DPs.

Why did I think Dosh was an in-store only thing? Ugh!

Per Frequent Miler, free National Executive Elite status for Amex card holders. https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2018/10/08/free-national-executive-elite/ I am going to assume most people on this thread have an AmEx or two. :) We have picked some nice SUVs from the EE row and it is nice to have the extra room when traveling with families. There wasn't even an Amex listed in the profile (since we normally pay with Chase for the primary coverage), but it automatically added the EE status.

ETA: Just realized I posted in the wrong thread! Oops!

Last edited:
I just want to run this strategy by those who have better insight than me.

1. Discover has 5% at warehouses this quarter. I'm also still in my first year, so any purchases would double to an effective 10% on my anniversary in December.
  2. Buy a $200 Vanilla Visa at Sam's for $206.48. Net cash back from Discover = $20.65.
  3. Use Visa GC at BB with SB QR during 2 visits to buy 2 $100 Disney GCs. Get 1500 bonus SB plus 400 shopping SB. Value = $19.00.
  4. Total rewards value = $39.65 or roughly 19.8% savings.
  5. I would also get 250 BB Rewards points (250 pts. = $5 rewards certificate).
Does anyone see any reason why this might not work?

I can't speak to the BB part. But you might want to look for a $500 card at Sam's to spread out the fee - assuming you need that much Disney. My Sam's has loadable Mastercards (up to $500) for a fee of $4.94. I think they have Visa too, but I've been focused on the Mastercards.

Don't forget to subtract the Visa fee when calculating savings rate. Subtracting the fee brings you to 16.6%. But if you add in the BB rewards, you're back to 19%. I miss that double cash back on Discover! Too bad you can't add a Discover card to Dosh.

Yes, thx! I had the dosh part but had missed how to get the uber credit. Which honestly, not sure if i still understand. How much are we supposed to get for that? I did figure out how to link my visa card(s) but like you mentioned Sam's didnt show.

If you've added your Visa to the Uber app, you just have to opt in for Visa local offers. I believe you can go to "settings" on your Uber app to do that. Its 5% up to $20 (not sure if its $20 per transaction or per day).

I also open the Uber app while I'm in line at Sam's - not sure that makes any difference though.

Some quick DPs.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm trying to understand how Dosh and RMN can work together online. Don't you have to click through a link for online offers for both of them? Or, did the Sam's in-store offer somehow give you credit with your linked card even though you purchased online through RMN?

I take it you just get one $50 Happy Card at the $7.50 discount...but can you use that same coupon to go in later and buy another one or is the coupon only a one time use?

For the Safeway coupon, I guess you'll have to read it. Mine said "one time" offer and it was for "$50 or more". I only bought $50 because normally that means $7.50 off whether you buy $50 or $500. My coupon is gone from my account now, so it was indeed one time use. But each version has their own coupon so I used my Happy Kids one but I have one still for Happy Teen (which works at B&N if they have Disney still).

I did read that Office Max/Office Depot may have a sale on the Happy Cards, $10 off $50 or more. I haven't been out to check - some details here: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/office-depot-max-happy-gift-cards-10-off-50/

I can't believe they still haven't put a strip or something over the CVV info at least. You lift up the cardboard and you can see the full account number, CVV, and expiration date. Unless I'm missing something, it's seems super easy to copy the info and use it online. I'm sure it's an opportunity for scale that deters scammers so far, but I can't see that lasting long before someone decides it's worth the time. Thought it was just a launch oversight, since these came out only a few months ago IIRC, but all of them at my Acme were the same.

Pardon my ignorance, but I'm trying to understand how Dosh and RMN can work together online. Don't you have to click through a link for online offers for both of them? Or, did the Sam's in-store offer somehow give you credit with your linked card even though you purchased online through RMN?

RMN is a click through offer but Dosh is just when you use a linked card. I initially thought Dosh was in store only. Some reported it working online and some not. So i thought I'd test with a small amount. It did work for me this time.

I just returned from Office Max and I was able to purchase two Happy gift cards. There was no sign indicating they were on sale, but I put $50 on the card and I was charged $40 for it. I had to give the cashier my rewards number for it to work. I ended up doing a second transaction. I wanted to purchase two more, but I think I maxed out the $10 credit. The other two cards rang up at $45. I ended up just buying another $50 one for $40. I'm hoping these continue to work at Home Depot to purchase Disney GC's.

RMN is a click through offer but Dosh is just when you use a linked card. I initially thought Dosh was in store only. Some reported it working online and some not. So i thought I'd test with a small amount. It did work for me this time.

So if you have Sam's gift cards to use up and want to buy Disney gift cards online then I could click thru RMN to Sam's and buy the Disney gc's using my Sam's gc's? I would not get any dosh cash back but would get RMN?

So if you have Sam's gift cards to use up and want to buy Disney gift cards online then I could click thru RMN to Sam's and buy the Disney gc's using my Sam's gc's? I would not get any dosh cash back but would get RMN?

Right, if you're using a Walmart/Sam's gift card, you wouldn't get the Dosh credit because for that you must use a linked card. Yes, use the RMN click thru link for $5 CB. Again, it's not *supposed* to work, but so far it's been working.

This may have been answered 100 times in this thread. But in the last few pages I didn’t see it. Sorry if it’s a repeat! I was planning to purchase Disney cards from sams... but online it says 5 (150) or 2 (500) max per member. Is this per order or online online? I’ll be renewing my membership to buy them so if that’s the limit period it’s now worth renewing.

This may have been answered 100 times in this thread. But in the last few pages I didn’t see it. Sorry if it’s a repeat! I was planning to purchase Disney cards from sams... but online it says 5 (150) or 2 (500) max per member. Is this per order or online online? I’ll be renewing my membership to buy them so if that’s the limit period it’s now worth renewing.

Pretty sure that's per order.

Is there a store that sells Disney gift cards in packs like the starbucks cards? I wanted like 7 $15 gift cards to put in small stockings for the kids on our trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter