Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to report that I was able to use a target gift card to purchase other target gift cards last night. I bought 3 $50 gift cards and about $50 worth of other stuff and used a gift card for the whole purchase.

I went to cash our my dosh to PayPal since I finally have over $25 in there ($43) my only choices were $5, $10 or $20. I remember a couple months ago being able to withdraw it all at once. Is this new?

So I chose $20 and now I have to wait for my balance to get back over $25 to withdraw.

I went to cash our my dosh to PayPal since I finally have over $25 in there ($43) my only choices were $5, $10 or $20. I remember a couple months ago being able to withdraw it all at once. Is this new?

So I chose $20 and now I have to wait for my balance to get back over $25 to withdraw.
How weird that they make you have $25 and then it's not an option... My Sam's order is still pending from Sunday but once it goes through I'll have $33, I'll have to see what options I get.

The rebate form very clearly states that you are getting a $10 BBB gift card, not a visa gift card.

Also, the rebate form has now been updated to a LIMIT OF 10 (TEN) REBATES.

https://www.rebatetrack.com/static/quicktrack/bedbathandbeyond/Current-US-Rebate-Form.pdf
This stinks! Now hopefully my grandmother doesnt spend all the gift cards because I’m sending them to her house lol.

It also doesn’t say anything about it having to be a $50 card. I guess we’ll see. Still a really good deal with the Happy cards.

Last edited:

Under the pre-filled options to select the cash back there a spot you can just type in the amount you want and take out the full $25. I think it only shows when you have the $25 available.

Under the pre-filled options to select the cash back there a spot you can just type in the amount you want and take out the full $25. I think it only shows when you have the $25 available.

Awe man! I must have somehow missed it but thanks for letting me know for next time!

Got notification from Dosh of 5% cash back at Sam's until Midnight Sunday. Decided that made it worth a visit, even though I'd heard reports of no Uber cash for a while. Lo and behold, got my Uber notification at the same time I got my Dosh notification. I had looked earlier in the day and it wasn't listed as an option in Visa Local offers so I was quite pleasantly surprised!

For anyone wanting to go the Happy Card savings route: Went to Office Depot to buy 5 - $125 Happy Lady Gift Cards at $15 each (savings of a total of $75). I was hoping to turn around and use them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I got some heat and in the end (after 30 minutes of calling corporate), they finally agreed. I asked if I would be pushing my luck if I did it again in a matter of a few hours, they said they would prefer not to. :(

For anyone wanting to go the Happy Card savings route: Went to Office Depot to buy 5 - $125 Happy Lady Gift Cards at $15 each (savings of a total of $75). I was hoping to turn around and use them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I got some heat and in the end (after 30 minutes of calling corporate), they finally agreed. I asked if I would be pushing my luck if I did it again in a matter of a few hours, they said they would prefer not to. :(

I’m interested in knowing how the whole transaction unfolded. Did they ask to see the card you planned to use before you swiped? All three times I’ve used a Happy Card I’ve swiped when prompted and the cashier never saw the card I was using.

I’m interested in knowing how the whole transaction unfolded. Did they ask to see the card you planned to use before you swiped? All three times I’ve used a Happy Card I’ve swiped when prompted and the cashier never saw the card I was using.
On Christmas eve when it was busy, I went up with 12-$50 gift cards and 1-$25 gift card. I went to go swipe (trying to not show the card). When I went to swipe, they saw it and immediately said something to the effect of “Is that a gift card?” I said, “Run it like a credit card.” And they gave me some pressure, asked me to step out of line. I mentioned that I talked to corporate. He called corporate, they didn’t give him a straight answer. Then he called the store manager who said, “If it runs, it runs.” And it did. That was 45 minutes wasted looking back on it.

On Christmas eve when it was busy, I went up with 12-$50 gift cards and 1-$25 gift card. I went to go swipe (trying to not show the card). When I went to swipe, they saw it and immediately said something to the effect of “Is that a gift card?” I said, “Run it like a credit card.” And they gave me some pressure, asked me to step out of line. I mentioned that I talked to corporate. He called corporate, they didn’t give him a straight answer. Then he called the store manager who said, “If it runs, it runs.” And it did. That was 45 minutes wasted looking back on it.

Yuck. Glad it ended up working for you but what a pain. I’m not sure I’d have the nerve to try $625 at one time. I’ve only done $50 each trip.

That's why I only do one transition at a time. I'll do one $50 card, then say, 'Oh, you know, I think I'd like another," get out of line, get another card, and get back in line to do the transaction with another $50 HC. I make sure to keep my unused HCs in my wallet or a designated pocket, and then transfer the empty card to a different pocket so no one notices I'm discarding a "credit" credit card and using a different one. I also kind of position my wallet in between the cashier and the card, like I'm just casually resting it on the left hand side of the card reader.

I currently have 6 HCs to churn, and I'll probably do them in 2-3 trips to BBB. I think the current promotion for the rebate makes it easy to "decide" I need another $50 card after I check out with the first.

I'm glad it all worked out with the manager. Sucks that the call to corporate was so non-committal, but at least it worked out in the end.

I hate the BB&B cashiers. They treat you like a freaking criminal.

So were you able to use all 12 of the $50 cards? And if so, did you do them on separate transactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter