Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, quick question that i'm not finding a definitive answer to reading back.... can I use a target gift card to buy a Disney gift card and if so, I can use Red Card for the 5% correct? If I purchase online or in store? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, quick question that i'm not finding a definitive answer to reading back.... can I use a target gift card to buy a Disney gift card and if so, I can use Red Card for the 5% correct? If I purchase online or in store? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Target no longer allows you to use a Target GC to buy a Disney Gift Card. If you choose to buy the Disney GC with your RedCard than it will take the 5% off.

Slightly off topic, but are there any cash back or other offers right now for ticket purchases? My FP window opens in a few weeks and I was hoping for more gift card deals after the holidays, but right now Undercover Tourist and Boardwalk are both still cheaper than Disney with the standard 5% off at Target.

Slightly off topic, but are there any cash back or other offers right now for ticket purchases? My FP window opens in a few weeks and I was hoping for more gift card deals after the holidays, but right now Undercover Tourist and Boardwalk are both still cheaper than Disney with the standard 5% off at Target.
I'm averaging 8-10% off on my gift card stash (yes, i keep a spreadsheet, lol) and even with using my gift cards and paying Disney directly it was still cheaper to buy my kids' 7 day hopper tickets through UT. UT tax is built in to the price you see when you go to their website. Disney adds the tax at the end when you get ready to check out!

How long does it take for the 750 swag bucks to post. Purchased on Saturday and Monday. I got emails to rate my shop and I can see the points pending for them. (300 each) So I know the code scanned. Thanks for any help.

You cannot use a Target Gift card to buy another Gift card.

You CAN use a RedCard to buy a Disney Gift card with the 5% discount.

I know people have already responded, but what I wanted to let you know what I did when I was using my target GCs. Say I had $25 in target GC, I would make sure I had $25 in items to purchase and then I could buy the $25 Disney GC. In target's system, the $25 came off my items. In my budgeting, the $25 came off my Disney GC.

It became a pain in the rear though so now I just cash out for Walmart GCs and use those at Sam's club. We joined Sam's because I found a groupon where when I join I get $45 off my first purchase and a $5 ecard. That made my membership free!

Mine hasn’t credited yet either. I’m at 27 days.

My RMN offer for Sams Club never went pending either. Purchased GCs on 2/12. Likely I’m just an aberration since everyone else seems to not have an issue. The good news is FedEx delivered the GCs this morning!

Well, 8 days after my purchase and I just got an email from RMN that my $5 back was pending from Sam's Club! Nice to see that since it was unexpected. Unfortunately, Dosh has refused to give me the credit for Sam's Club so I'll be contacting them since that was a legitimate membership purchase.

I know people have already responded, but what I wanted to let you know what I did when I was using my target GCs. Say I had $25 in target GC, I would make sure I had $25 in items to purchase and then I could buy the $25 Disney GC. In target's system, the $25 came off my items. In my budgeting, the $25 came off my Disney GC.

It became a pain in the rear though so now I just cash out for Walmart GCs and use those at Sam's club. We joined Sam's because I found a groupon where when I join I get $45 off my first purchase and a $5 ecard. That made my membership free!

The answer is No. At my target I had a $5 Target gift card, a lot of other stuff, and a Disney gift card. Her register would not allow the Disney gift card and the $5 Target gift card in the same check out. I had to pay for the Disney card separate. No biggy but still a hassle.

The answer is No. At my target I had a $5 Target gift card, a lot of other stuff, and a Disney gift card. Her register would not allow the Disney gift card and the $5 Target gift card in the same check out. I had to pay for the Disney card separate. No biggy but still a hassle.
I wonder if the entire Target computer system is set up for separate transactions with GC. So far our local Target has not. Like @AJollyHoliday said, I take it off the GC on my spreadsheet.

The computer system at my Target would say that only $X amount was eligible for the target GC. That was why I had to make sure that I had enough to balance it. In the end it was just too cumbersome so as I said, Walmart GCs for me.

Well, 8 days after my purchase and I just got an email from RMN that my $5 back was pending from Sam's Club! Nice to see that since it was unexpected. Unfortunately, Dosh has refused to give me the credit for Sam's Club so I'll be contacting them since that was a legitimate membership purchase.
Yay! My last one never tracked from 2/7, but DHs did. I'm thinking it was more of a fluke because I did his account and then mine all on the same computer immediately. This is only the second time something hasn't tracked for me (other one was a Staples in store when that first started) so I'll keep trying RMN :)

I wonder if the entire Target computer system is set up for separate transactions with GC. So far our local Target has not. Like @AJollyHoliday said, I take it off the GC on my spreadsheet.

It's been like this since they changed the policy, a small percentage of stores still have the glitch where it works like online and you can't checkout at all with a GC if there's a GC in the cart. Don't know if they have different types of hardware where it can't handle the logic of only applying it to parts of an order or what, but it seems like most people can do it all in one transaction and that's what Target was shooting for (it takes extra work to set it up like that, they wouldn't have done that if that wasn't the goal) Sucks for the pockets of people who are stuck with the online way, it definitely is not consumer friendly and I'd like to think Target is still working on how to change that both in stores and online.

How long does it take for the 750 swag bucks to post. Purchased on Saturday and Monday. I got emails to rate my shop and I can see the points pending for them. (300 each) So I know the code scanned. Thanks for any help.

My BB bonuses from Sun and Mon both posted today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter