Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Office Depot has $15 off a purchase of $300 in Visa gift cards this week. Use either a Chase ink or Amex SimplyCash card which earns 5% back at Office Supply stores.

I would not make a special trip out of the way for these, because while there is a limit of 1, many cashiers don't enforce the limit and the chance of there being any left by tomorrow is slim in those stores. (My local store never enforces the limit and there are never any available because of this when they go on sale. Which is why I have a secret stash of these hidden somewhere in the store. Sadly that is the only way I am ever able to purchase these.)

When did this start?

EDIT: Nevermind. Offer is valid 4/14-4/20
Link: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/offi...nt-on-300-visa-gift-card-purchases-4-14-4-20/

Last edited:
Unexpected side effect of purchasing gift cards at Best Buy - I now have Elite Plus status. The free expedited shipping and extra rewards % will be nice, but I am curious about the special sales and offers. Does they ever amount to much?
Same here! Can you save up rewards and combine them for purchases at BB?

Unexpected side effect of purchasing gift cards at Best Buy - I now have Elite Plus status. The free expedited shipping and extra rewards % will be nice, but I am curious about the special sales and offers. Does they ever amount to much?

You get a couple days early access to Black Friday sales online, if that's your thing. It's been useful the past few years to pick up one or two things that I didn't have to worry about not getting later on.

There's also the aforementioned points banking, which you should turn on, and when you have a rewards certificate issued, it's good for a year.

Otherwise, there's the occasional Elite/Elite Plus-only sale throughout the year, but there's rarely much good (but this will all depend on what you're looking for, as well).

Best Buy has the limited edition steelbooks for Disney movies. That is what I usually use my rewards on. They have also been my video game destination for years with Gamers Club unlocked but sadly that 20% off discount program ended and my membership will run out in June so there won't be much of an incentive to order through them anymore.

Does anyone know if the RMN three transactions per retailer per month counts activations or actual purchases? I activated the ShopDisney offer but accidentally backed out and I don't know if that counts towards my monthly limit.

Haven't really kept an eye on the sales. I do like the extra percentage back and the extended return time for products.

Yes - if you are elite status or higher, you should change your rewards preferences to turn on points banking.
Oooh! I forgot point banking was an elite privilege. Love that feature for 2 reasons.
1) points don't expire until they are turned into reward certificates
2) once it's a certificate anybody who knows your phone number can redeem it, there have been a couple complaints about certs being stolen that way that I've seen in online forums and BB has never refunded them

Does anyone know if Fry’s qualifies for AMEX cashback? I have the 6% back one and am traveling to where there’s a Frys, which I think is a Kroger? If I know it works, I’ll pick up some visas while I’m there, thanks

Used my Happy Guy card (purchased from Staples with the RMN promo) to purchase a Disney gc at Home Depot. Two $50 gc in one transaction at self checkout which did prompt for the attendant. He needed to see my card, said I'm not sure this going to work, pushed a button on his register while I smiled politely and everything went through fine. He stated gift cards don't usually work and I just said "it's kind of like a prepaid Visa" and went happily out the door. :rolleyes1 My $2 RMN was pending before I was even in the parking lot.

Now since this one went pending, I can flip my second Happy Guy card, correct?

Used my Happy Guy card (purchased from Staples with the RMN promo) to purchase a Disney gc at Home Depot. Two $50 gc in one transaction at self checkout which did prompt for the attendant. He needed to see my card, said I'm not sure this going to work, pushed a button on his register while I smiled politely and everything went through fine. He stated gift cards don't usually work and I just said "it's kind of like a prepaid Visa" and went happily out the door. :rolleyes1 My $2 RMN was pending before I was even in the parking lot.

Now since this one went pending, I can flip my second Happy Guy card, correct?

With in-store cash back, you need to wait for RMN to credit, not just go pending. But if your spouse has also signed up for RMN, there's no reason not to do the deal on that account.

For future reference, if you get Happy Lady and flip at BBB, Ebates does not limit the number of times you can flip, nor the time in between. Right now it's only 2%, which is currently the same as the HD deal. I've done three separate transactions in one visit (when a deal was for $50 HL cards), and they've all credited with Ebates.

With in-store cash back, you need to wait for RMN to credit, not just go pending. But if your spouse has also signed up for RMN, there's no reason not to do the deal on that account.

For future reference, if you get Happy Lady and flip at BBB, Ebates does not limit the number of times you can flip, nor the time in between. Right now it's only 2%, which is currently the same as the HD deal. I've done three separate transactions in one visit (when a deal was for $50 HL cards), and they've all credited with Ebates.

Thank you! Unfortunately, there isn't a BBB close enough to me.

BJ's sells Disney Gift Cards at a very modest discount year 'round. At certain times of the year, however, they sell many of the cards at about 8% off face value. I bought about $2500 worth of cards and used them to pay for my room during my last trip. Even though I used a CC to put down the deposit when I booked, I called in and they reversed the CC charge and replaced it with a Gift Card. You need to be a member (obviously), and have an online account (they don't sell them in the stores at the same discount level). With your account set up, make sure you're subscribing to the emails for the various sales and just keep your eyes open.

You have to pay attention to the actual selling prices versus face value and make sure you're buying the ones that are at a 8% discount as they don't discount all versions the same amount at the same time. I have mostly seen these cards on sale in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and I distinctly recall purchasing all of my cards through two different sales that they ran. They state that there are strict limits of three per member, but I have never been denied a purchase (I never add more than three of any individual total pack amount to my purchase at a time).

Since Disney will allow you to pay for 100% of your lodging AND everything that you charge back to your room with Disney Gift Cards, this is absolutely the way to go to maximize savings for anything you purchase direct from Disney.

No.

Having status gives you 45 days to return items (if you're Elite Plus). Other than that, it's pretty useless except to be able to bank your rewards points instead of having the system kick a reward out every time you hit $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter