Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought another Disney GC ($100) from Target with my redcard through RMN. Went pending pretty quick, second one that worked in July. This one was the 5% CB. Will continue to buy GC this way to see if it keeps working (no filler) as long as RMN keeps offering cb for Target. Not sure how much more I need, we have a trip in Dec. and with GE opening (if we can get in) I feel like I need double the spending $ I usually take, lol. I have 2 DS adults coming with me, I'm paying. I'm just glad they're still willing to come with me!

Just received a notice from Rakuten that my purchase on 7/23 (Rakuten 10% cb Disney) was not eligible because it contained gift card. Purchased a $125 DGC and a filler.

Member Services (Rakuten)
Jul 27, 20:13 CDT
Hello M.,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, Cash Back is not available on gift cards. This information can be found on our shopDisney page under Cash Back Terms:

Darn, darn, darn.
Oops, I tried the same thing with ShopDisney knowing it probably wouldn't work and sure enough, it didn't.....but you have to be really careful because drawing attention to yourself when it comes to these cash back portals is a sure-fire way to have the company's eliminate them altogether. I feel one by one we've lost ability to earn cash back when buying Disney Gift Cards because many of them specifically say gift cards are not elibible but sometimes they sneak by.

I just purchased about $4000 in disney gift cards at sams club last week. As I was inputting them in the disney gift card website one full pack of $150 didn't work. Has anyone had this happen and what can I do about it? I live in Canada so going back to the US isn't really feasible today.

if a full pack did not work then it should not have been charged. To be CLEAR if the cards did not activate, they would not be on your receipt since the receipt would have and activation code when the pack was scanned-make sure you were charged for that particular pack. I doubt you were - there system is pretty good but mistakes do happen.

Just received a notice from Rakuten that my purchase on 7/23 (Rakuten 10% cb Disney) was not eligible because it contained gift card. Purchased a $125 DGC and a filler.

Member Services (Rakuten)
Jul 27, 20:13 CDT
Hello M.,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, Cash Back is not available on gift cards. This information can be found on our shopDisney page under Cash Back Terms:

Darn, darn, darn.
So they didn't offer cb on the filler item? That's not unreasonable to expect. If Swagbucks in all their ineptitude can pay out on partial orders, it's not out of line to expect eBates, the generally accepted founder of cb sites, to have the same capability. I didn't think it said anywhere buying an ineligible item negated the whole trip.

However, seems like this limitation in seeing the individual components of an order for shopDis is probably what's letting cb through when it tracks. I probably wouldn't have emailed myself, but a normal person would expect a pay out on the filler item so I'm sure you might not be alone in inquiring. Looks like doing everything possible to make sure it tracks in the first place is best bet. Sucks it happened to you. I think you said you tried RMN too, how did that one go for you? If both didn't track may have to look into some troubleshooting tips for shopping portals in general.

Oops, I tried the same thing with ShopDisney knowing it probably wouldn't work and sure enough, it didn't.....but you have to be really careful because drawing attention to yourself when it comes to these cash back portals is a sure-fire way to have the company's eliminate them altogether. I feel one by one we've lost ability to earn cash back when buying Disney Gift Cards because many of them specifically say gift cards are not elibible but sometimes they sneak by.

I also think they spend a little more time looking into your account especially on future purchases.

Thank you to everyone here... I just started to follow you all, but have learned A LOT so far. I'm not very comfortable ordering gift cards online after BJ's told me they do not track activation codes and do not ship with tracking or insurance so I just buy them at the store.

This weekend I went to Staples and bought a $50 GC and am getting $10 back from AMEX on a one of their shopping deals. I just looked at my BOA card and they are giving 5% back for Staples through Saturday. I may just try doing it online, because I have my card set to give me earn 3% on online shopping. I don't use the cards to pay for cruises because I choose to use the free financing instead, but I am local to WDW and we use the GC's to buy dinners, drinks and merchandise at the parks at a discount.

The RMN has me intrigued... does anyone know if you do the purchase through that does it count as an online purchase the same as if I went direct to the retailers website?

Thank you to everyone here... I just started to follow you all, but have learned A LOT so far. I'm not very comfortable ordering gift cards online after BJ's told me they do not track activation codes and do not ship with tracking or insurance so I just buy them at the store.

This weekend I went to Staples and bought a $50 GC and am getting $10 back from AMEX on a one of their shopping deals. I just looked at my BOA card and they are giving 5% back for Staples through Saturday. I may just try doing it online, because I have my card set to give me earn 3% on online shopping. I don't use the cards to pay for cruises because I choose to use the free financing instead, but I am local to WDW and we use the GC's to buy dinners, drinks and merchandise at the parks at a discount.

The RMN has me intrigued... does anyone know if you do the purchase through that does it count as an online purchase the same as if I went direct to the retailers website?
My last purchase through RMN with Amazon did. I also have my BOA card set for 3% on online shopping. I purchased a costume and got the 3% on my card.

My last purchase through RMN with Amazon did. I also have my BOA card set for 3% on online shopping. I purchased a costume and got the 3% on my card.
Oh Boy... This could turn out to be dangerous.

So you are actually purchasing through the retailers site; just getting the extra discount from RMN tracking your purchases because you go through their site; correct?

So you are actually purchasing through the retailers site; just getting the extra discount from RMN tracking your purchases because you go through their site; correct?
:laughing:
Yes, exactly. When you use a RMN online offer you'll go to RMN first to activate the offer. The link will direct you to the retailer website where you'll complete the purchase.

If you choose to use ANY cash back website for gift cards make sure to read the terms. Many have had success even though the terms state Not Vaild on gift cards. Having said that proceed with caution and DO NOT email them if you don't get cash back. Its YMMV.

:laughing:
Yes, exactly. When you use a RMN online offer you'll go to RMN first to activate the offer. The link will direct you to the retailer website where you'll complete the purchase.

Are folks that are successful with RMN using mobile or desktop browsers and which one (which phone/browser if mobile)? Or are you using the mobile app?

I had a Shop Disney Offer that didn’t track via the app on iOS so I’m a bit hesitant to try again.

Thanks!!

If you choose to use ANY cash back website for gift cards make sure to read the terms. Many have had success even though the terms state Not Vaild on gift cards. Having said that proceed with caution and DO NOT email them if you don't get cash back. Its YMMV.
Absolutely - thank you for adding this! My reply was based on a recent merchandise purchase, so I didn’t think to mention this, but this is very important to know!

Are folks that are successful with RMN using mobile or desktop browsers and which one (which phone/browser if mobile)? Or are you using the mobile app?

I had a Shop Disney Offer that didn’t track via the app on iOS so I’m a bit hesitant to try again.

Thanks!!
I’ve never tried using the app for purchases, I’ve always just used the website on my laptop (with safari).

Thanks!!
I’ve never tried using the app for purchases, I’ve always just used the website on my laptop (with safari).
I have actually used both with success. The last Shop Disney through Ebates (or whatever that new company is called) did not track but all I purchased was a gift card so it shouldn’t have in the first place.

Thanks!!
I’ve used both the app and the computer and had success.

I really don't think emailing or not emailing on a gift card purchase is going to make a difference whether they shut us down. I am sure they know that gift card purchases happen, and I'm sure the individual companies know about it too. When they see that the amount of people doing it is costing them to much, they will shut it down (like Best Buy with Swagbucks). There are always going to be people emailing them, whether on this blog or other blogs. Some people just do it out of spite. There is really no way to control what other people do, which is why I don't worry about it.

RMN question...they have a limit on Target purchases for CB to 5 and I’ve already exceeded the limit. If I return something, would they give me CB on my last purchase that shows it didn’t qualify because I exceeded the limit? Hope that made sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter