• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 x $100 Disney cards on Target.com this AM and received them within 30 minutes. Used the last $200 Target GC I had left.

Wow, that's scary, I have cards that have been sitting around for awhile also. I just used have on the last bonus but still have $400 I haven't used yet.

Yes, I have been on the phone all day being bounced by Target and Ebay. Very frustrating. In case you don’t already know this you can check your ebay gift card balances online to confirm your balances.

Are they now email cards? Disney used to be mailed only.
So sorry I should have said received "the shipment coming your way" confirmation. Was in a hurry to get out the door. I had problems with placing Target.com orders so I stopped for awhile while I was in the process of getting my PP account limitation (not the banned limitation) lifted. This is my 1st order since early May, I was thrilled I was not having issues. Probably won't have issues anymore since the good churning options are gone.

I’m hoping someone might have previously had the same problem I’m having and have some helpful advise for me. i bought 2 - $200 ebay egift cards through target.com in mid-May. I usually use the eBay cards as soon as I receive them but since there were no Target gift cards at gcm I did not use them. I went to use the eBay gift cards today and found that one of the cards had a $0 balance and one of the cards had a partial balance of $116.65 but it was assigned to someone’s account so I could not access the balance. I called target and they said it was ebay’s problem. I called eBay and after pushing them a bit to look up the actual card numbers they found that the one that had be partially used had been assigned to an account that is not mine. They are going to try to freeze the remaining balance, and are going to investigate, but essentially they say it is Targets responsibility to get me the funds. So Target wants Ebay to resolve and Ebay wants Target to resolve. Anyone else get caught in the middle and if so any info on how you resolved the issue would be appreciated.
I have had a similar issue but it was with $1200 they said I would hear within 14 days which is coming up Monday!

I have had a similar issue but it was with $1200 they said I would hear within 14 days which is coming up Monday!
Wow, who told you that you would hear something within 14 days, Target or ebay? Who do you believe is at fault here? Target sold the card but ebay initiates the card and could double assign/distribute the GC # in some weird error or glitch. Or someone at one of the companies is slipping the numbers to someone else? Two weeks is a long time for finding out if and when you are going to get reimbursed!

Wow, who told you that you would hear something within 14 days, Target or ebay? Who do you believe is at fault here? Target sold the card but ebay initiates the card and could double assign/distribute the GC # in some weird error or glitch. Or someone at one of the companies is slipping the numbers to someone else? Two weeks is a long time for finding out if and when you are going to get reimbursed!
eBay is the one who is getting back to me. I got no where with target. I entered the codes to get Best Buy gift cards through ppdg (of course wouldn't go through) and tried to purchase something else a few days later only to find out all 6 were used and not linked to my account. I'm sure I'm screwed but we shall see.

eBay is the one who is getting back to me. I got no where with target. I entered the codes to get Best Buy gift cards through ppdg (of course wouldn't go through) and tried to purchase something else a few days later only to find out all 6 were used and not linked to my account. I'm sure I'm screwed but we shall see.

Omg, I posted the below message this AM.
Is there a way you can tell if an ebay GC is tied to PP? I attempted to buy BB GC through PP during the last bonus but it canceled immediately and said my GC was not charged. I would rather use that one first given the fact that if you are banned PP can (or will attempt to) keep the funds on GC tied to it. I have two $200 cards left and have no idea which one I used for the failed BB attempt.

I'm going to go check the balances on my two cards as soon as I can find that link.

I just checked both cards and they are still funded. Did you get a flash message that said "Your order has been cancelled and your GC has not been charged"?

It shouldn't be difficult for them to track down who used the cards and find out where they got the numbers. The purchases went through PayPal. If they can put so much energy into flagging and banning the accounts of innocent people, they should really get a kick out of actually catching the guilty.

Is target.com stil limiting how many Disney gift cards you can order in one transaction? I know that you can only pay with 4 gift cards in one transaction so not concerned about that.

A week or more ago it limited how many $100 or $50 cards you could actually checkout with. Can't remember the actual limits but it was low, maybe 6 and 4? I don't want to proceed all the way but it's currently looking like I could order 10-$100 cards at one time. Anyone know the current limits?
Someone reported about a week ago maybe that you can now buy 10 $100 Disney cards in one purchase.

Boy am I kicking myself right now. I went to cardcash immediately after the I got the promo email, and there were like 5 cards around $200 sitting there at 5.75% off. Went and transferred money from my regular checking to my "churning" account, and went to buy all of them.

Gone.

I got too greedy. Should have just bought the two that I could cover with the balance of my account. Bummer.

Of course I keep torturing myself, and keep going back in the hopes of seeing one or two with higher than 2% off. No such luck.

I also used the $15 off EBay code on GS, and didn't see that Giftcardoutlet had discounted ones.

Lesson learned. I have to remember to jump on what I can, when I can.

Last edited:
Just yesterday, I saw that SAMs Club had a $500 gift card online for a few cents less than $475. Thinking of getting this for our upcoming cruise.

I’m hoping someone might have previously had the same problem I’m having and have some helpful advise for me. i bought 2 - $200 ebay egift cards through target.com in mid-May. I usually use the eBay cards as soon as I receive them but since there were no Target gift cards at gcm I did not use them. I went to use the eBay gift cards today and found that one of the cards had a $0 balance and one of the cards had a partial balance of $116.65 but it was assigned to someone’s account so I could not access the balance. I called target and they said it was ebay’s problem. I called eBay and after pushing them a bit to look up the actual card numbers they found that the one that had be partially used had been assigned to an account that is not mine. They are going to try to freeze the remaining balance, and are going to investigate, but essentially they say it is Targets responsibility to get me the funds. So Target wants Ebay to resolve and Ebay wants Target to resolve. Anyone else get caught in the middle and if so any info on how you resolved the issue would be appreciated.
Yes same thing happened to me same time frame may 9 bought 3 $200 2 had 0 balance one had a balance tied to another account target took no responsibility said to call ebay. I called ebay gift card department they said they would investigate still waiting on a response I had to send proof of purchase and the card numbers. The issue has not been resolved as of yet. It's been a week since last email from eBay CSR. Very frustrating.

Yes same thing happened to me same time frame may 9 bought 3 $200 2 had 0 balance one had a balance tied to another account target took no responsibility said to call ebay. I called ebay gift card department they said they would investigate still waiting on a response I had to send proof of purchase and the card numbers. The issue has not been resolved as of yet. It's been a week since last email from eBay CSR. Very frustrating.
Wow, stories like these are scary. As hard as it is to say this, maybe it's a good thing that Target stopped selling eBay gift cards online.

Just yesterday, I saw that SAMs Club had a $500 gift card online for a few cents less than $475. Thinking of getting this for our upcoming cruise.

I just joined Sams Club using Living Social for a discount on the membership specifically for this. Third quarter is also 5% on Chase Freedom at wholesale clubs, so we'll use that to buy a few. We need a lot of Disney gift cards, much more than I'm comfortable putting through Target online, so this gives us another option. And a slightly better discount than buying in Target store using redcard since we can get the 5% and then 2% cashback on my credit card (once the 5% is used up on Chase Freedom).

Anybody know if Sam's has a limit on how much in Disney cards you can buy?

It sounds like Target's targetecards site isn't secure??? This is insane. Sorry for everyone dealing with this. I would be very stressed and annoyed.

I just joined Sams Club using Living Social for a discount on the membership specifically for this. Third quarter is also 5% on Chase Freedom at wholesale clubs, so we'll use that to buy a few. We need a lot of Disney gift cards, much more than I'm comfortable putting through Target online, so this gives us another option. And a slightly better discount than buying in Target store using redcard since we can get the 5% and then 2% cashback on my credit card (once the 5% is used up on Chase Freedom).

Anybody know if Sam's has a limit on how much in Disney cards you can buy?
Not sure but chase caps you out at $1,500/quarter so if you haven't maxed that out already for the second quarter you may want to buy some now.

Not sure but chase caps you out at $1,500/quarter so if you haven't maxed that out already for the second quarter you may want to buy some now.

We already maxed out the grocery $1500 for the second quarter and I think all categories are cumulative. But thank you, I definitely would have bought now if we hadn't already maxed out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter