Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over 2,000 for the past 60 days in GC to GC transactions... how'd I manage that? Has anyone been denied from purchasing yet?

Ugh. I'm hitting against the $2000 limit on ebay. Looking back to 6/8 I've bought $2225 total, minus $335 of ebucks means I've used $1890 in GC and I can't buy more than $100 right now :( Of course, my DH's account didn't receive the offer and has plenty of wiggle room before hitting that ceiling and I could actually do a double churn this time with a planned trip to Best Buy tomorrow morning!!!

Oh well - I need to be happy with my $10 and move on with my day!

I'm over 2,000 for the past 60 days in GC to GC transactions... how'd I manage that? Has anyone been denied from purchasing yet?
Yuup
I have spent more that $3000 since June 1st. I have to wait until mid August before I can use my GCs again.

How is this even legal where they don't honor there gift cards?

The law in my state
  • Merchants refusing to redeem a Gift Certificate they have sold before it has reached its expiration date, shall be punished by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars. Also, merchants selling Gift Certificates, which impose a time limit of less than 7 years shall be punished by a fine of not more than $300.

Ugh. I'm hitting against the $2000 limit on ebay. Looking back to 6/8 I've bought $2225 total, minus $335 of ebucks means I've used $1890 in GC and I can't buy more than $100 right now :( Of course, my DH's account didn't receive the offer and has plenty of wiggle room before hitting that ceiling and I could actually do a double churn this time with a planned trip to Best Buy tomorrow morning!!!

Oh well - I need to be happy with my $10 and move on with my day!

So it sounds like you could tell before you finalized the transaction that you couldn't use more than $100 in gift cards? My worry is that ebay would allow me to enter the gift card numbers, but I'd find out after I submitted my order that it only accepted part of my gift cards and either took the balance from my PayPal account or charged my credit card.

I have $400 remaining of the $2K if ebay is calculating the rolling 60 days the same way that I am, but I didn't want to take the chance that the $400 isn't available until tomorrow. Fortunately, DS also received the offer so I purchased $300 of Walgreens and $100 of Disney using his account. He hasn't used any of his $2K yet since we've been using my account while we cashed out the bulk of our churning funds.

That is amazing, and you are a brave soul!! I just held my breath when purchasing $100.

Yeah, $300 is my max per transaction. I found when I would try to go over that my account would start the verification loop. I can't imagine getting $1k to go through.

Only reason I went for it is bc I was paying OOP cash to convert my cash into gc at as high a return as possible in a very short time. I have one account that Paypal denies not matter what I do. I have another that they seem not to care one whit about and it rarely has issue with the exception of an occasional verification text to ensure I am trying to buy something then it goes right through. I never use gc with PPDG anymore though.

Saw this too. What is everyone buying? =D

I went with BB oop cash and am now thinking about what next. I did have my regular $200 gc I do with each promo into whatever the current successful churn is which is Walgreens right now and I did that.

However as a PP has been mentioning she is having problems converting Walgreens in SoCal. I'm in the south but I'm worried that trend will move forward.

I have $1k in BB and I was CONTEMPLATING going and converting to Ebay then use GC to buy Walgreens then go to Disney from there but I'm terrified I'll get to Walgreens and be denied. While that extra $100 would be nice in Ebucks I'm not so convinced it would be good if I'm out $1200 in Walgreens 8 weeks before our most expensive trip of the year. My last 2 trips to Walgreens went off without issue at all. I'm also only at $400 of the GC limit.

Actually, typing that out, I'm gonna be happy with my PPDG luck today and take my BB over the next few weeks and slowly convert to Disney in store.

Anyone else having Walgreens issue?

So it sounds like you could tell before you finalized the transaction that you couldn't use more than $100 in gift cards? My worry is that ebay would allow me to enter the gift card numbers, but I'd find out after I submitted my order that it only accepted part of my gift cards and either took the balance from my PayPal account or charged my credit card.

I have $400 remaining of the $2K if ebay is calculating the rolling 60 days the same way that I am, but I didn't want to take the chance that the $400 isn't available until tomorrow. Fortunately, DS also received the offer so I purchased $300 of Walgreens and $100 of Disney using his account. He hasn't used any of his $2K yet since we've been using my account while we cashed out the bulk of our churning funds.
I tried purchasing more first and it wouldn't let me put in all my GC - told me I bought more than the daily limit (?) but I assume that's just a generic message and that's when I went back and calculated what I'd bought in the last 2 months. Then when I tried just $100 I didn't have a problem - and that was with PPDG too!

When you try to enter the GCs, it will tell you then if you are over your max.

I went to the BB that was on my way home this morning and there was some sort of "outage"...the security doors were closed and there were management-looking employees outside the door. I don't know what kind of issue it was, but the store was closed. So, I went to Target and used my $100 Target GC to buy a $100 eBay GC. When I got home, I bought a $100 BB GC from PPDG without an issue. I had to verify my device, but that always happens after I clear my cache so no worries. It was actually a blessing in disguise...now, when the $100 GC shows up, I will have $210 to load onto an eBay card when I stop at the other BB in town later this afternoon:hippie:.

I'm still waiting for the mail:bored:...hoping that my Walgreen's cards show up...I'm dying to try them. I will pass 3 Walgreen's on my way to BB so I'd like to make one trip, if possible.

Upset! I went to buy $250 in Disney GC from best buy on eBay and apparently reached my GC redemption limit so I switched to DW's account to check out but forgot to activate the offer on her account first. :crutches:

Anyone heard this before?
I had 897.50 BB to go into Disney (because I've hit my limit on eBay by like a zillion dollars and my trip is in three weeks) and the cashier (who was a good looking youngish guy in a button down, instead of their usual polos, who obviously took himself incredibly seriously. I tried to go to a different cashier because he looked like a policy follower from a mile away, but there were no others open.) said I could only buy $600 of GCs per day and only 3 could be used to pay per transaction. I had 5 to use. Luckily, I am soooooo pregnant (pray for labor, I'm 41+2) so I don't think I come off as a scammer and my mom was with me since we were going baby shopping after. So I just had my mom do a separate transaction for me with three of the gift cards and the balance above $600. I know I've done like $1500 in a transaction with about 10 gift cards and I've never had a problem. I was super chatty with the guy, introducing myself and asking his name, telling him I'll see him again because I need thousands of dollars for my Disney trip and I'm saving up over time. By the end we were fast friends and I don't think I'll have a problem with him, but I was curious if anyone had heard these new "policies."

Upset! I went to buy $250 in Disney GC from best buy on eBay and apparently reached my GC redemption limit so I switched to DW's account to check out but forgot to activate the offer on her account first. :crutches:

I soooo feel for you. I kick myself for hours when that happens. Try to forgive!

Well, someone out there is still having success churning GS. I was contemplating getting some from Raise and doing the used game churn w/ BB. I've been in my Sears a lot lately, so was thinking of changing it up. Last night they were at 9.5%, and have steadily fallen since the 10x promotion came out. They currently sit at 6.6%

I think I'm going to just be very blunt as soon as I walk into another Walgreens and just ask if I can purchase a gift card with a gift card. At least I won't look stupid when I try and get denied. Maybe I'll get lucky and have someone that is not aware and tries it just to check. The system obviously allows it.

I think I'm going to just be very blunt as soon as I walk into another Walgreens and just ask if I can purchase a gift card with a gift card. At least I won't look stupid when I try and get denied. Maybe I'll get lucky and have someone that is not aware and tries it just to check. The system obviously allows it.
You could try calling and if they say yes, be sure to get the name of the person who said yes.

Today at Walgreens the cashier ask if I was going to be paying with cash or debit for ebay gc because if it was cash she'd have to use other register. I told her I was paying with "a card".

I cannot find Disney GCs on the BB eBay store - I've tried searching Disney, Gift, Gift Card, but no luck. Could they be sold out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter