Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - I spent the afternoon loading and consolidating my Disney GCs onto disneygiftcard.com. I've got 3 $1000 GCs on there, and a smaller GC leftover from a prior trip. Is it recommended to leave them listed on disneygiftcard.com, or should I delete them all now that I'm done consolidating them? I didn't know if having them "registered" might help if I were to lose them or something like that. Thanks!

If you lose a gift card you have listed on the Disney website it's super easy to transfer its balance to a different gift card. I always leave my consolidated cards on the site.

Just purchased $600 in Disney GCs using the Target GCs we purchased yesterday (as did my wife). At first, the register wasn't letting it go through, and then the manager came over (oh no....), and he insisted I couldn't get GCs using a GC. I said yes I can, and unless it's a local store policy, I should be able to purchase these. He then looked at what I was doing, and said "Oh, you're getting Disney GCs? That should be fine". Punched something in the register, and the system then processed them flawlessly. Yeesh.

Exchanged $2400 in target gift cards for Disney gift cards today. I did my first $900 in one transaction just to see if it would work and it did. But then the store manager went and grabbed all the $100 gift cards and took them off the shelves... still had enough $50 cards on the shelves that I used so I'm not sure why he did it but it worked.

Saved $240 pretty easily!

$600 e-gift cards converted at Target via self-checkout. I loaded those to the Disney GC site and consolidated. Also cashed in my 3 x $15 BB promo codes and $5 reward with my $450 gift card for a $500 Disney card. Should be able to wrap up the rest of my converting over at Target and BBB this week.

Exchanged $2400 in target gift cards for Disney gift cards today. I did my first $900 in one transaction just to see if it would work and it did. But then the store manager went and grabbed all the $100 gift cards and took them off the shelves... still had enough $50 cards on the shelves that I used so I'm not sure why he did it but it worked.

Saved $240 pretty easily!
Oh, good grief. Sounds like a power trip!

I exchanged $2400 in Target GCs purchased yesterday for 48 $50 Disney cards today in 4 separate $600 transitions.

I used three different stores... none of them had any $100 cards so the best I could do was the $50 ones.

All transactions were at self checkout with no problems whatsoever.

I still have $600 to go tomorrow... I didn't want to totally clear the last store out of $50 cards and inconvenience another customer.

So frustrated. Bought $1800 in Target gift cards yesterday. Sent husband to purchase Disney GC this AM before work. He went through a register, (didn't do self checkout) and manager stopped him and said he could not purchase ANY amount of Disney GC with Target GC. He didn't fight them and left(he didn't know better). I then confirmed with customer service rep via online chat and saved a screenshot that this was indeed fine to do. I also called the Target GC line and they said NO you can't. I told them the web site says you can in a physical store, just not at Target.com. She just said sorry, you can't. Now I have to try to go in after a 12 hour shift to deal with it, if they even have any gift cards left. This is the same store that limits people to no more than 5 Disney gift cards purchased per day. Not sure if that's even legit with Target corporate either.

Has anyone who purchased an email gift card used it in store yet? Did you print it, scan from phone, or add it to your Target account? I'm wondering if it will give me the same goofy access code issues as my ones from swagbucks (which came today, of course).
It may be too late, but I personally wouldn't load your multiple discounted Target gift cards into the Target app. That defeats the purpose of the gift cards being anonymous transactions. By loading the gift cards onto the website you are informing Target that you violated the "one per household" rule and then you are also letting them know that you used them to purchase Disney Gift Cards. I don't think that's a good thing because they could (like Doctor of Credit says) drain your cards. It is super easy to scan the gift cards at the self check one by one using the hand scanner.

I admit that I was even a little more paranoid this year and all the initial gift cards I used for purchase yesterday were in $270 increments with no overlap from one order to another.

Last edited:
Question - I spent the afternoon loading and consolidating my Disney GCs onto disneygiftcard.com. I've got 3 $1000 GCs on there, and a smaller GC leftover from a prior trip. Is it recommended to leave them listed on disneygiftcard.com, or should I delete them all now that I'm done consolidating them? I didn't know if having them "registered" might help if I were to lose them or something like that. Thanks!

If you lose a gift card you have listed on the Disney website it's super easy to transfer its balance to a different gift card. I always leave my consolidated cards on the site.

I agree - keep your consolidated Disney Cards loaded on the site, makes it a lot easier if something gets lost or stolen (never had stolen happen but we did accidentally throw one away once...)

It really doesn't matter. You can only have, I believe, 5, on at a time anyway, so if you need to consolidate more you would have to delete them anyway. Some people do up a spread sheet and I just did a word document that listed all my Dis GC's with the pins just in case something were to happen.

On our trip this fall, I had $3k in gift cards i accumulated. It was all for souvenirs, food, and cruise charges. I got two special design cards from the Disney website, one for me and one for husband. I took those two plus 4 others and divided the $3k over them. We took the two pretty ones, the both took pictures of the other 4 card numbers. When one we were carrying got low, we just took a few minutes to load one and transfer the balance. That way we didn't carry $3k in gift cards down there, and we didnt worry about someone hacking the gift card site.
It may be too late, but I personally wouldn't load your multiple discounted Target gift cards into the Target app. That defeats the purpose of the gift cards being anonymous transactions. By loading the gift cards onto the website you are informing Target that you violated the "one per household" rule and then you are also letting them know that you used them to purchase Disney Gift Cards. I don't think that's a good thing because they could (like Doctor of Credit says) drain your cards. It is super easy to scan the gift cards at the self check one by one using the hand scanner.

I admit that I was even a little more paranoid this year and all the initial gift cards I used for purchase yesterday were in $270 increments with no overlap from one order to another.
I was paranoid too. I only loaded them today to check the balances then deleted them. I flipped them all to Disney on the way home. All the gift cards i used to buy gift cards yesterday were physical and never loaded on the site. Also be cause I'm paranoid I'm going to transfer all my new Disney cards on to a couple old ones I have.

Has anyone who purchased an email gift card used it in store yet? Did you print it, scan from phone, or add it to your Target account? I'm wondering if it will give me the same goofy access code issues as my ones from swagbucks (which came today, of course).

Tonight I used the $300 (3 $100 GC) I bought online last night with no problem. I did load them onto the app and it was super easy to scan them at self checkout. That's the only amount I bought online. I still have $600 worth in physical cards to use up tomorrow.

I wish I had bought more, but I was trying to be conservative just in case. My nearest Target has been spotty with allowing Target GC to buy Disney, even at self checkout.

I bought 6 $100 Disney GC with Target GC today, without any issues. I went through the self-checkout and tossed some food items to my purchase for good measure, which I paid in cash (I thought it would make it seem less obvious I was just purchasing a bunch of gift cards haha). I got a little nervous because the self-checkout employee stood nearly right on top of me when checking out (this was before she even saw that I had gift cards, as they were under my food items).

It is not true that you are not allowed to buy target gift cards with target gift cards. That is only the case online and is not even possible. The rumor says they are going after people who made multiple purchases using the same credit card. It is not related to buying gift cards with gift cards.

I got them as soon as DH got home. The horror stories circulating around is mind boggling. Thank you for holding my hand I'm grateful! :hug:

$600 e-gift cards converted at Target via self-checkout. I loaded those to the Disney GC site and consolidated. Also cashed in my 3 x $15 BB promo codes and $5 reward with my $450 gift card for a $500 Disney card. Should be able to wrap up the rest of my converting over at Target and BBB this week.

I haven't done anything with my e-gift card, how does this work? Should I print it out? Thanks!

6 to 1, half a dozen the other :) Some people are worried their accounts will get hacked and their gift cards will be drained. Others feel the gift cards are more protected when registered because they will be notified if the balances are transferred.

For NORMAL Target shoppers (THIS IS NOT REGARDING THE CURRENT GIFT CARD PROMO): I found out today a local target recycles gift cards. Not like breaks them down and turns them into plastic bags or whatnot, they LITERALLY use people's old cards. I failed to notice in my shopping this morning when I was handed a $5 gift card for purchasing X amount of Y product they gave me a gift card with 137.00 written in black pen on the back and the scratch code area scratched off. That was someone else's gift card and they could still have those numbers and easily use the gift card themselves. I unloaded it later in the day at another Target successfully but I couldn't believe they did that- and their bar is pretty darn low! I never thought to check the gift cards the cashier handed me before- do it people! Check to see the scratch area isn't scratched off and stuff isn't written in black marker on the back because someone else might have those numbers. The promo card looked (and felt- because they're flimsy like, you know?) like they always have before so the appearance doesn't matter. Shmucky local Target? Entirely possible, not gonna lie. But the point is, it is actually possible so please check if you're like me and do those promos on a regular basis.

For those doing the Best Buy “use store pick up and get a $10 gift code” deal, what are you buying? Can you buy Best Buy GC’s to trigger the promo? Very few other GC’s show up as available to pick up in store for me. I was hoping to get a few Christmas gifts to use the promo but the things I want are either not available for in store pick up, or priced more than $10 higher at BB than Amazon.

PS - I got a Target catalog in the mail today with a coupon on the back for a $10 FWP GC with a $50 purchase either in store or online. Gift cards and tax don’t count towards the $50, along with the usual exclusions like pharmacy purchases, etc.

Last edited:
I went to my Target self-checkout this morning with 25 $100 gift cards. Scanning away doing just fine and the attendant came up to me and said I couldn't purchase all those disney GC and took all the ones I had sitting there that I hadn't scanned yet. I asked why not, and she told me it was a target policy that I could only purchase $200/day. I said I have never heard of this before. She called a manager over and the manager said that the limit is $1000/day and laid my GC back down. I said ok and after she left, picked them back up, scanned them and left with the 25 gift cards I had come in to purchase. I have never had them limit me before, that's crazy.

But then the store manager went and grabbed all the $100 gift cards and took them off the shelves.

Sounds like someone was planning on getting some themselves and didn't want to share. LOL

So I accidentally bought some in store target gc’s with yesterday’s SMS (texted) target gift cards today because I realized that I forgot to go by target yesterday for kids’ teachers’ gifts. That would be kind of bad to have them try to activate the card and get $0!! Anyone try target customer service or is that just asking for trouble???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter