Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got $900 of Disney cards today at Target through self check without any issues. While the cards had a small UPC on the top of the cardstock, I scanned the longer barcode on the card itself. Then was prompted to use the scanner gun for the Target cards that I was using to pay for them. One thing I hadn't noriced befoere was the receipt. For each Disney Card, it showed "Validation within 3 hours". I got home after other errands within 2 hours and was able to register the cards and transfer them to existing ones.

I think this Target knew what was up because I have never seen so many $100 Disney Cards available before. They had 4 hooks full of them by the greeting cards. The only thing I couldn't find were Southwest Cards. I'm going to go to a different one for that.

oh no! I will be there in 10 days with unlimited express pass for 2 days - was so looking forward to not doing a lot of waiting since spending a bigger chuck of change per day than I do at Disney parks.
I highly recommend the universal board. They are super helpful. Express pass is good to have for sure but so many people have them these days that lines can still be quite long.

You don’t get a 5% discount on Target gift cards with a red card. You buy the Disney Gift Cards with the red card and get the 5%.

Huh... I thought I had read somewhere that you couldn’t get the 5% off Disney gift cards using the red card. Does anyone know for sure?

I think this Target knew what was up because I have never seen so many $100 Disney Cards available before. They had 4 hooks full of them by the greeting cards. The only thing I couldn't find were Southwest Cards. I'm going to go to a different one for that.

I feel like my target brings out the $100 cards for Christmas time. I can never find them the rest of the year but there's always plenty during the Christmas holiday.

oh no! I will be there in 10 days with unlimited express pass for 2 days - was so looking forward to not doing a lot of waiting since spending a bigger chuck of change per day than I do at Disney parks.

We went in June and the crowds seemed bonkers to me. We had Express Pass and waited at most 5-10 minutes per ride. Most were a walk on. Now, this was before the HP rides had EP so I can't speak to those, but I still think the EP is the way to go. You'll be fine.

We went in June and the crowds seemed bonkers to me. We had Express Pass and waited at most 5-10 minutes per ride. Most were a walk on. Now, this was before the HP rides had EP so I can't speak to those, but I still think the EP is the way to go. You'll be fine.
I was there in August when crowds weren't bad. Express pass lines were long. A few times they were longer than the normal line. There has been a lot of grumbling over on the Universal Board about this post-HP having EP.

For those who still keep coke caps I just got an email that you can get a $5 Target card for entering 5 codes. I used a bunch of mine for the amazon offer, but I think I might still have some lying around.

I was there in August when crowds weren't bad. Express pass lines were long. A few times they were longer than the normal line. There has been a lot of grumbling over on the Universal Board about this post-HP having EP.
I was there in low season Nov. EP was worth it's weight in freaking gold. We walked on every ride except the HP ones (prob waited 5-10 mins, normal line 30). We did SO much, passed so many people waiting in lines. 20 mins for minions? walk on for us. 10 mins for Dr Suess train? walked on. The HPs were our only wait over 5 mins. I don't know why other's have such bad experiences (like @havaneselover -that sucks, I would have been pissed to see a normal line shorter than the EP line!) but last month mine was amazing. Everyone in my family agreed we felt like VIPs and could not see ourselves every doing Univ again without it.

Got through $1500 worth via self-checkout yesterday. When scanning the Target GCs to pay for the Disney GCs, a Target employee had to come over and input the access code that I scratched off on the back of all Target GCs before each one would go through. It almost got dicey after the young lady did 2 of my cards and saw I had a handful more to go through. She asked me to hold on a second and she left to go look for a manager I think, but 30 seconds later she came back and I kept scanning and asking her to put in the next access code, but throughout the process she kept looking around for help. They were really busy and there was a long line of people still waiting at self-checkout. I made it through though, but I think they would have given me a problem if it wasn't so busy, and if the employee wasn't so new. Anyone else had to have an employee put in the access code for each Target GC?

Also, I hate that they make me feel so criminal, when I'm not doing anything wrong. :tiptoe::rolleyes1

Thanks for this! So sad I missed Black Friday & Cyber Monday deals: https://www.disboards.com/threads/black-friday-ticket-sale.3647670/
I got a really good ticket deal on Explorer tickets. They were good for 14 days (we were there 7) and were about $285 each (all three parks). But I bought from some company that later figured out they weren't supposed to sell them to U.S. citizens (I didn't know this when I ordered). Also, my Kroger sells Universal gift cards (I think you're a Kroger shopper???) which helped me keep meal costs down.

I got a really good ticket deal on Explorer tickets. They were good for 14 days (we were there 7) and were about $285 each (all three parks). But I bought from some company that later figured out they weren't supposed to sell them to U.S. citizens (I didn't know this when I ordered). Also, my Kroger sells Universal gift cards (I think you're a Kroger shopper???) which helped me keep meal costs down.

Yes I am a Kroger shopper! Awesome! OMG! There's so much to learn. I cannot decide which dates in October to go, it will be a split stay in late October. I want to do MNSSHP on Oct 30th. Even though those dates have not been released I'm fairly certain these are it:
upload_2017-12-6_14-1-59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter