Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing someone else here try it I bought a $200 Visa gift card (the silver one, my Staples doesn't carry any cards higher) at Staples using my Amex 10% off and immediately went to Best Buy and used it for 4 $50 Disney gift cards paired with Swagbucks. Worked beautifully, got the email from amex saying if my purchase was eligible I'll see my cashback. Everyone else is seeing so I expect it as well.

Our Staples carries Target gift cards for anyone interested in scoring some extra savings on normal Target purchases (in case you were out on vacay recently- Target no longer allows gift card to gift card transactions AT ALL).

Any special instructions on using the visa gc at Best Buy? Set up a pin online? Run it as debit or credit?

Planning to use this method to finish up my last $200 I need for dis lay payment of my trip next month.

Any special instructions on using the visa gc at Best Buy? Set up a pin online? Run it as debit or credit?

Planning to use this method to finish up my last $200 I need for dis lay payment of my trip next month.
The ones I buy come with a pin. I just swipe it and then it makes me put in the pin.

I bought the silver looking Visa in yellow packaging, on back it said pin was cards last 4 digits. Unwrapped in car, removed sticky and stickers, took inside Best Buy, when payment time came I just swiped the card and entered the last four digits when promoted. A couple times it errored out & the CSR inquired credit or debit and I said debit and tried it again and it went through. I checked the Disney gift cards as soon as I got home to make sure there weren’t activation issues, all was fine.

Staples sells $300 Visa gift cards online for $308.95 which is better than the $200 ones which cost $206.95. Just realize that it will take a around a week for them to ship it to you.

Also, Staples does have sales on the visa gift card where they will waive the activation fees. They did this last the 2nd week in May, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again in the next few weeks.

However, they do not seem to enforce their limit of 1 per customer and the Visa gift cards are very popular when they go on sale at Staples since Chase ink cards earn 5 points at Office Supplies stores, so unless you run in at the beginning of the sale there is a good chance there won't be any left in store. Many people hide the cards in advance of the sale somewhere in the store to make sure they can get them.
Just a heads up....check with your bank or credit union to see if they sell Visa GC and not charge an activation fee. Our credit union does that.

Just a heads up....check with your bank or credit union to see if they sell Visa GC and not charge an activation fee. Our credit union does that.
The $300 visas only cost around $270 net with activation fee because of 10% off and credit card points. That’s why paying the fee makes sense.

Guys, this should work, right? I had a biopsy done of a large nodule on my thyroid (going in for total thyroidectomy tomorrow...yippee). The results were inconclusive, so they sent the sample to some special place in California (I'm in NC). Came back suspicious, thus the surgery tomorrow.

Yesterday I got a fairly sizable check from my health insurance to cover all of the costs of the diagnostics done out in California (Almost $7400!) Insurance covered it 100%, and after calling them to make sure (this is my first medical issue of any kind, not sure how things work), it seems I can deposit that check in my bank and then when the bill comes from the provider, I will use the funds to pay them.

So...I can pay them with my CFU and rack up 11,000+ UR points right? And then, obviously, pay the CFU off immediately with the funds from the insurance check?

Seems too good to be true. 11,000 is about exactly how many RR points I figured I'd have to buy to cover our Southwest flights for next summer's trip to WDW, if I went by how many UR I earn per month and when I'd need to book the flights. Now it looks like my thyroid biopsy may cover it! LOL!
Yes. This also works if you have an HSA or flexible spending account. You can pay your doctor with your credit card and then submit the bill for reimbursement from your HSA, have that money deposited into your bank account and use it to pay the credit card bill. Check the rules of your HSA, but you shouldn’t be required to use that debit card to make the payment.

Yes. This also works if you have an HSA or flexible spending account. You can pay your doctor with your credit card and then submit the bill for reimbursement from your HSA, have that money deposited into your bank account and use it to pay the credit card bill. Check the rules of your HSA, but you shouldn’t be required to use that debit card to make the payment.
Totally posted this in the wrong thread! Oops! Thanks for your reply anyway!

I've tried at Walmart (physical stories - different ones) twice this past week with no luck so far. But I had added my SB giftcards to Walmart pay thinking that would be easier and less noticeable and possibly easier to do at self-pay.

I've tried at self pay twice and at registers twice and both times couldn't make it work.

So if you do it, I'd definitely NOT add it to Walmart Pay since so far that's been a total no go for me in CA.

I may try getting one more and printing it only and trying it that way but I'll wait till after the first of the month.
I use Walmart GCs from Swagbucks and Perk to get Disney cards once or twice a month. I haven't tried it with Walmart Pay, I just take screenshots of the gift card barcode and scan them off my phone at the self check out.

I use Walmart GCs from Swagbucks and Perk to get Disney cards once or twice a month. I haven't tried it with Walmart Pay, I just take screenshots of the gift card barcode and scan them off my phone at the self check out.

I like that idea!

Thanks!

Yes, you can do that. But what is the point? You get your "stuff" for free but end up paying OOP for the GC. Why not just purchase the Disney GC somewhere that gets you cashback or some other reward? What am I missing with this strategy?
Well for me I’m always the one who has to go into Target every other week and buy my little brother a toy with our mom’s red card.

I can continue to get free Target gift cards from Shopkicks and Swagbucks and the register will put the gift card toward the toys and ring my gift card on the Redcard. So technically I’m not personally buying anything.

I remember someone said BB’s register wouldn’t work at all even if you were buying stuff.

So what do you guys do on swagbucks to earn points? I don't really know what some of the puzzles are, I have mainly been doing surveys and answering the odd question they ask. Once in awhile there is a bonus for things like search, and I don't much care for watching the videos. I'm trying to earn points without spending money, unless it's a site I was going to buy something from anyway. Thanks!

So what do you guys do on swagbucks to earn points? I don't really know what some of the puzzles are, I have mainly been doing surveys and answering the odd question they ask. Once in awhile there is a bonus for things like search, and I don't much care for watching the videos. I'm trying to earn points without spending money, unless it's a site I was going to buy something from anyway. Thanks!
I suggest following the SB thread. People post no-cost and low-cost offers every day. You can print coupons for SB, watch videos, play games. Read the last 10 pages of that thread if you don't want to read the whole thing (there's outdated info in the first pages anyway). And ask questions. They're very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter