Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. My son bought a laptop Sunday night and I had him use my qr code. Got the email this morning but no bonus yet.
Any points yet. I used MyPoints instead of SB this time because SB has not been crediting me my bonus. I can see the points pending but no bonus yet.
I guess we got to used to the 2 day system

About the Best Buy / SB deal - do you think it has ended? I know it's still showing on the SB website but the old bonus from july & august was still showing on the website for a few days even though the current bonus structure was in effect. I go to BB each day and haven't gotten any shop & earn points since 9/30. Also today (Wednesday) I just received a 750 sb bonus for 9/30. I'm not going to buy any more from BB until I start seeing the SB for 10/1 & 10/2.

Any points yet. I used MyPoints instead of SB this time because SB has not been crediting me my bonus. I can see the points pending but no bonus yet.
I guess we got to used to the 2 day system

My bonus just posted this morning also. The laptop was over $500, so 1500 sb’s.

About the Best Buy / SB deal - do you think it has ended? I know it's still showing on the SB website but the old bonus from july & august was still showing on the website for a few days even though the current bonus structure was in effect. I go to BB each day and haven't gotten any shop & earn points since 9/30. Also today (Wednesday) I just received a 750 sb bonus for 9/30. I'm not going to buy any more from BB until I start seeing the SB for 10/1 & 10/2.
I have no reason to think so.

I don't, I got the weekly email on Sunday advertising it. It's SB so anything's possible but I think it's just one of the slow periods. But doesn't hurt to hold off for a couple days if you were absolutely counting on the SB.

ETA: I'm guessing with Chase Pay this quarter there's an uptick in transactions the last few days. We're not the only group milking the BB/SB deal. SB has periods where there's been delays processing and then after a bit it goes back to normal.

Bed Bath and Beyond gave me guff for the first time. I thought someone had posted an official word from cooperate a few months back but I can't find it. Anyone have the link or update if this is another dead end?

Last edited:
I've seen people talking about the Dosh app and Sam's Club. Can anyone tell me what the details of this is? I shop at Sam's Club weekly so hoping I can earn something for our next trip.

From the SB website (not the app) search the Shop section for Best Buy. On the store page there's an option for a bonus if you buy from the weekly ad or shop in store. It's a sliding scale, a 50-99 purchase gets 250sb, 100-499 purchase gets 750sb, and 500 and up is 1500sb. This is a bonus on top of the % back you get from shopping, currently at 2%. The fine print excludes gift cards, however, in practice it pays out on GC purchases. Click on the box for the instore bonus and it'll give you a QR code to have the cashier scan, that's how it tracks your purchase to pay out on your SB account. Make sure it's scanned before they total the order for payment. (You'll see it on your receipt) The 2% sb goes pending for the normal 30ish days, but the bonus is paid out when it gets picked up, usually the same day but is occasionally delayed a day or two.

You can combine it with BB rewards points and, as mentioned in the PP, this quarter for Chase Freedom Chase Pay is part of the 5% categories which BB is one of the few places that takes Chase Pay. I give the cashier our BB rewards number, have them scan the SB QR code, ring up the GC, then have them scan the Chase Pay QR code to pay. If you can buy in $100 increments that gets your best return now. Can only do one transaction per day for SB. I did this last Friday, the trip went pending over the weekend, got the bonus on Monday (bonuses are only paid out on business days, just a quirk).
so if you were to buy 5 $100 GC for the 1500sb, what do the 1500sb get you?

so if you were to buy 5 $100 GC for the 1500sb, what do the 1500sb get you?
$100 only gets you 750 sb, not 1500. 750 sb = $7.50. You also get another 200 sb for shop & earn. I generally cash out to paypal but once a month I buy a $25 Amex gift card for 2,200 sb.

So would it be best to buy 1 $100 gc at a time ? then get 750sb for each one ? is there a limit per day? can I do multiple transactions? or just go daily ? we are wanting to buy our tickets before the 16th, so trying to get all my gc purchased before then :)

So would it be best to buy 1 $100 gc at a time ? then get 750sb for each one ? is there a limit per day? can I do multiple transactions? or just go daily ? we are wanting to buy our tickets before the 16th, so trying to get all my gc purchased before then :)

Yes, your best return is buying one $100 GC for the 750 sb bonus + 200 sb shop credit. You can only get credit the bonus for one transaction per day, so you would have to do this over multiple days.

Each account is limited to one per day, does your spouse have an account? Could buy one $100 on your account and then another $100 on your spouse's account per day to make it go faster if you don't have enough time.

If you did one $500 transaction you'd get the 1500sb bonus + 1000sb shop credit for a 5% return. Doing the $100 transaction 5 times gets you a 9.5% return.

Edit: I used the wrong word.

Last edited:
I've seen people talking about the Dosh app and Sam's Club. Can anyone tell me what the details of this is? I shop at Sam's Club weekly so hoping I can earn something for our next trip.

If you download the Dosh app you will then link your credit card to it and you will get $5. It will show you cash back offers in your area and right now Sam's is at 5% I think. Make a purchase at Sam's using your linked credit card and the money will be in your dosh account right away. You can then cash out to paypal.

If you download the Dosh app you will then link your credit card to it and you will get $5. It will show you cash back offers in your area and right now Sam's is at 5% I think. Make a purchase at Sam's using your linked credit card and the money will be in your dosh account right away. You can then cash out to paypal.
One more question - will it cause any issues if I use the same card that is linked to RMN?

A little off topic, I apologize. I want to clarify Southwest's gift card policy. It says 3 per passenger if the gift card covers the full amount otherwise it's 2 plus a credit card. So if I have 4 passengers on a reservation can I use 11 plus a credit card or do I have to book us separately to use more gift cards? I want to clarify it's per passenger and not per reservation.

I actually found $250 gift cards for 4% off but the total is $751. I just don't want to buy 3 if I won't be able to book all together. The $10 savings isn't worth it to me to make 2 bookings.

Edit: their FB messenger was quick to reply. Despite saying, "A maximum of three Southwest gift cards can be applied per passenger on each reservation." On the website, she said it's total per reservation. So I'd have to split us up to do it that way.

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for you. Are you a member? I would love to order like in the past, but do they allow guests still?

No guests, so I signed up for the online only membership which is just $10 for a year. No BJs near me.

I got a shipping notification for the 10 GCs! Now to wait for the Discover 5%.

Bed Bath and Beyond gave me guff for the first time. I thought someone had posted an official word from cooperate a few months back but I can't find it. Anyone have the link or update if this is another dead end?
Bummer. BB&B is very YMMV by location. You could always write corporate yourself and ask for the policy, I believe that's what that person here had to do. (And even that wasn't enough for one person's store, they had to like call corporate after getting the written response and get corporate to call the district manager to contact the store manager... it was a mess!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter