Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you pay for parking with Disney gift card ? Also can you buy a gift card at food and wine festival with a Disney reward card ?
Don’t know about the parking as I’ve never paid to park at Disney, but the gift cards can only be loaded by cash or credit. The rewards card is treated as a gift card by the system.

I have $125 in paypal from sb and Iboota. whats the best pace to turn in to Disney gift cards besides Best buy.. I do not have Sams or BJ membership.

Have we confirmed that the Happy line can use Buy Buy Baby at Bed Bath and Beyond and the other way around?

I have not been able to get my hands on any discount Happy Guy cards (no OD/OM near me, and Gift Card Mall sold out long ago). I am thinking of trying at BBB, but am worried about it not working, since posts on here show it's very much a YMMV type of thing. I was thinking maybe of getting a Happy Kid instead of a Happy Lady because eventually I will be able to use them at Regal or Gymboree (though it might take a while to go through a few hundred bucks worth) if I can't convert to Disney GC. Would I be able to use the Happy Kid at Bed Bath Beyond (assuming the cashier isn't grumpy)?

Are these Happy Cards really ok for doing this? I purchased a couple of cards at the supermarket and asked my husband to go get Disney gift cards at BBB and he just called me saying that the cashier told him it is money laundering????? He was told to leave. He was embarrassed. I feel terrible for him. I tried googling money laundering to figure out what it is because I just don’t understand. Can someone please explain how using gift cards is laundering money? I am so confused. I had purchased a couple from BBB myself using Happy Cards but I asked first if it was allowed and the cashier said yes. So I picked up a couple more Happy Cards on sale and I had asked my hubby to stop at BBB on the way home from work. Boy, he is never going to let me live this down! :sad2: It makes me never want to buy a gift card ever again!

Are these Happy Cards really ok for doing this? I purchased a couple of cards at the supermarket and asked my husband to go get Disney gift cards at BBB and he just called me saying that the cashier told him it is money laundering????? He was told to leave. He was embarrassed. I feel terrible for him. I tried googling money laundering to figure out what it is because I just don’t understand. Can someone please explain how using gift cards is laundering money? I am so confused. I had purchased a couple from BBB myself using Happy Cards but I asked first if it was allowed and the cashier said yes. So I picked up a couple more Happy Cards on sale and I had asked my hubby to stop at BBB on the way home from work. Boy, he is never going to let me live this down! :sad2: It makes me never want to buy a gift card ever again!
It seems like every time a hot gc to gc deal gets going the store immediately assumes it’s money laundering because so many people are doing it at once and scammers are known to do this.

I would just try another BBB or buy a filler(then return) at the same store. It says ring up like credit. Not our fault BBB signed up to be apart of Happy cards.

That employee needs to be reprimanded! I would escalate this to management or even corporate. YOU are the customer and you or your dh should never have been made to feel this way.

You can buy on BJ's right now until November 4th without a membership.

Thanks to a slickdeals forum thread, there is way to get a log in without paying for a membership.
You go on and click join now, then fill out you email, mailing address and make your password.
Once you click submit, it takes you to pay for the membership.
Just back out at that point and you have a log in for the website, in order to buy the discounted gift cards.

It seems like every time a hot gc to gc deal gets going the store immediately assumes it’s money laundering because so many people are doing it at once and scammers are known to do this.

I would just try another BBB or buy a filler(then return) at the same store. It says ring up like credit. Not our fault BBB signed up to be apart of Happy cards.

It's not in the case of the people here since the money is already clean and generally the people laundering money aren't going to be buying Disney gc. She's basically implying that the happy cards were purchased with stolen credit cards and now you are using them to buy other cards that will be clean because you can't trace them back to the stolen credit cards. That's never something that a store employee should accuse a customer of and I'd call and ask to speak with the manager about it. That cashier at the very least needs to be retrained.

Even if that's what they are told to watch out for, that's NOT how any cashier should treat that situation. I can't believe how many reports from BB&B of cashiers escalating a situation like that, that's a liability for the company. My have times changed as in my day as a cashier we were never to be confrontational and if there was an issue we called management/loss prevention and that was their job to deal with it.
The Happy Card is the equivalent of a Visa prepaid card for payment processing. If they would accept a Visa card for the transaction, there's no difference in accepting the Happy card. They may have a store policy to not accept their store gift card for a 3rd party gift card, but if they would accept a Visa prepaid card for it (which they should if they accept Visa cards) then they should accept the Happy card. Probably best for people with crazy stores to try a register where you swipe your card yourself. Just tell them it's credit and swipe yourself (it says right on the card that it should be run as credit, it's not a traditional closed loop gift card). This is crazy, sorry your husband was put on the spot like that. That's so unacceptable.

That employee needs to be reprimanded! I would escalate this to management or even corporate. YOU are the customer and you or your dh should never have been made to feel this way.
I agree. The Happy Card is basically a visa/mc card. At my BBB, the swipe machine is on the customer end. I just bought two at a time and did one swipe. I never had a problem.

That's so awful! I also had difficulty using my Happy card at BB&B, but the cashier didn't go that far! She only said I'm not allowed to use a gift card to buy a gift card even after I pointed out the credit wording on the back. So sorry for your DH! Mine would be so mortified and never do any such errands for me again!!

Has anyone purchased Disney GCs at BestBuy using a Vanilla Mastercard gift (debit) card? If so, what's your procedure?

I picked up a $250 card at Sam's the other day (getting DOSH, Uber, and Chase Freedom 5%), and was wondering if I could piggyback the Swagbucks promo to get my savings up over 20%.

Has anyone purchased Disney GCs at BestBuy using a Vanilla Mastercard gift (debit) card? If so, what's your procedure?

I picked up a $250 card at Sam's the other day (getting DOSH, Uber, and Chase Freedom 5%), and was wondering if I could piggyback the Swagbucks promo to get my savings up over 20%.
I did no problem a few months ago

It's not in the case of the people here since the money is already clean and generally the people laundering money aren't going to be buying Disney gc. She's basically implying that the happy cards were purchased with stolen credit cards and now you are using them to buy other cards that will be clean because you can't trace them back to the stolen credit cards. That's never something that a store employee should accuse a customer of and I'd call and ask to speak with the manager about it. That cashier at the very least needs to be retrained.
Agreed just weirdos on a power trip. That was uncalled for. I would call customer service and get me a free gift card for the embarrassment, then sell it and buy Disney gift cards.

I was accused of money laundering by a BBB employee last year when I tried to use a BBB gift card that I got cashing in some of my Discover card points to buy a $25 Disney gift card. I came home and submitted the customer feedback form on their website expressing my embarrassment at being called a money launderer in front of multiple other customers and asking for a confirmation of BBB’s GC to GC policy. Within a couple of days I received an email response from the district manager inviting me to call him on his cell. When I called he apologized profusely and confirmed that they do allow GC to GC transactions. If I was willing to give them a second chance he offered to call the store manager right then to let them know I was heading up to complete my purchase. When I arrived at the store I headed up to the register with my gift card. The cashier hesitated and asked the cashier next to her if this was allowed. The second cashier emphatically shook her head and said no at the exact moment the store manager came up and firmly said yes it is allowed. It was an extremely satisfying experience.

I haven’t tried BBB GC to Disney GC since but I did use the Happy Kid Buy Buy Baby card a week or so ago and it worked fine. The cashiers at my store have to scan the BBB gift cards but the Happy cards can be swiped by the customer. I just didn’t let the cashier get a good look at the card I was using just to avoid any issues.

Back in September I bought a $100 Vanilla Mastercard gift cards at Sam's when the DOSH credit was 10% and also got the Uber credit. I used that to buy a Disney card at Best Buy for the Swagbucks promo and the Best Buy rewards points. Before using them, you may want to call the number on the GC to ensure it is fully activated. I had some issues with Vanilla MCs I bought from Staples in August. I had to call on each one to make sure it was activated properly, as the first one I tried at Best Buy was declined. Besides that minor kink, it was a great deal and I averaged a 23% savings. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter