Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did each time, they just didn't credit on 2/4 (one time I bought 3 other things, the other 3 times I bought one other thing).

I have yet to receive an Uber credit, no matter what I do. :guilty:

When I check my Uber local deals, it doesn't show Sam's as an option. Maybe it's just where I am located.

I have yet to receive an Uber credit, no matter what I do. :guilty:

When I check my Uber local deals, it doesn't show Sam's as an option. Maybe it's just where I am located.

I don't see it either, but I am getting the credit. I open the Uber app while I'm standing in line. Not sure if that matters at all, but I feel the need to do it. It may be that your particular Sam's store doesn't participate.

Did you use the same credit card for both?

I was going to send my husband with his account, but we have a shared credit card so it would be the same number....not sure if that would be a problem..???
I did use the same credit card for all my Meijer GC purchases. Two were right in a row at the same register. I was worried I would get frozen for making two giant random purchases back to back but it worked out. I used my Gap credit card, as I do a lot of shopping there for my business and they just sent me an offer for 10% back on all grocery purchases this month. I actually just went back today and bought a third set of gift cards using my moms mPerks #.:flower1:

I don't see it either, but I am getting the credit. I open the Uber app while I'm standing in line. Not sure if that matters at all, but I feel the need to do it. It may be that your particular Sam's store doesn't participate.

For a while (early October maybe) I was getting Uber credit consistently. Then sporadically (maybe every other purchase or less). I hadn't been back to Sam's for a few weeks but the 8% lured me back today, and no Uber credit on either my or DH's account.

I'm thinking it was a glitch that I got it before because Sam's has never appeared in my Uber app as participating in visa local.

While I was waiting in line at Sam’s, it finally showed up. This is after multiple trips with the location on, while paying, making sure I have an extra item if buying a gift card...What I did differently was that I changed my setting to have my location accessible “always” for Uber instead of “while using app”.

Not that I need Uber now. Could have used it last week though.

I just ran to Meijer and grabbed a $250 Disney gift card (the last one I needed for the year!) and I got home to load it to my account...

...IT'S NOT ACTIVATED:furious:.

I don't have time tonight to go back and try and deal with it, and I have to work all day tomorrow so, hopefully, I can stop in tomorrow after work and get it straightened out. What is it with me and unactivated gift cards??? This is the THIRD Disney gift card that I have purchased (2 from BB and now one from Meijer) that has not been activated! WTH????:confused3

For those buying Sams Giftcards to maximize the cash back through Dosh (and then using that on Disney Giftcards), I was told today you can’t use Sams/Walmart Giftcards to buy Disney giftcards. That was news to me so I thought I’d pass that on.

Also, I’ve used debit instead of credit a few times and still got paid.

I just saw this and of course I'm in Branson Mo this weekend, ugh!

But I will get to see something akin to the Osbourne Lights tomorrow at Silver Dollar City :)

Oh let me know how you like them. I have family going after Thanksgiving!

Before I make another trip out to Sams tomorrow can anyone else confirm that Dosh max cash back resets after 24 hours?

Yes it worked every 24 hours for me back around Labor Day when it was 10%

For those buying Sams Giftcards to maximize the cash back through Dosh (and then using that on Disney Giftcards), I was told today you can’t use Sams/Walmart Giftcards to buy Disney giftcards. That was news to me so I thought I’d pass that on.

You can do it online. I have done it and in fact online is cheaper than my store. Also just today I bought some of the non Disney gift cards that were on sale using a Sam's gift card that I got back in Sep when it was 10%.

You can NOT use them to buy Visa/MC/Amex gc, so maybe the person was confused and thought it meant ALL gift cards. But you can use them on other gc like Disney etc.

You were told wrong. I just did it yesterday.

Keep checking/testing if your walmart is in the dosh offers. Mine was not. I just got a surprise email for cashback for a small purchase i made at walmart in store today. Pretty shocked and happy!
Is your Walmart now showing as eligible in the app, or is it still showing ineligible and yet it worked anyway?

I just ran to Meijer and grabbed a $250 Disney gift card (the last one I needed for the year!) and I got home to load it to my account...

...IT'S NOT ACTIVATED:furious:.

I don't have time tonight to go back and try and deal with it, and I have to work all day tomorrow so, hopefully, I can stop in tomorrow after work and get it straightened out. What is it with me and unactivated gift cards??? This is the THIRD Disney gift card that I have purchased (2 from BB and now one from Meijer) that has not been activated! WTH????:confused3
Just an update...
I’m sitting here at work and we happen to be posted near a Meijer store, but the service desk doesn’t open for another hour yet. I decided to check one more time and now the card IS activated. Thank goodness! I guess there is just a longer delay in activation than when buying from Target or BB.

How does maximizing work? Can you load the gift card into Dosh like a credit card?

It means buying Sam's Club GCs in store to get the Dosh benefit, then turning around and using those Sam GCs to buy Disney GCs online where the price is often less than in-store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter