Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those with a Wells Fargo card, I have Earn More Mall offers for 30% cash back rewards for Bed Bath & Beyond and JC Penney (up to a max of $50 cash back). My JCP doesn’t carry Disney but they carry Amazon/Kindle. I can use those to buy Safeway gift cards on Amazon and then buy Disney at Safeway. Or more likely I’ll just reload my Amazon account. There is also a 30% offer for Macy’s, but I haven’t seen any 3rd party GC at either of my nearby stores.

For those with a Wells Fargo card, I have Earn More Mall offers for 30% cash back rewards for Bed Bath & Beyond and JC Penney (up to a max of $50 cash back). My JCP doesn’t carry Disney but they carry Amazon/Kindle. I can use those to buy Safeway gift cards on Amazon and then buy Disney at Safeway. Or more likely I’ll just reload my Amazon account. There is also a 30% offer for Macy’s, but I haven’t seen any 3rd party GC at either of my nearby stores.
Yay!!! I got macys, J.C. Penney, American Eagle & Bb&b!!!!

Just curious for those who have ordered from GCM before. I made an order early Friday for a Happy Lady card. With the BBB deal starting the 15th I'm thinking about ordering a few more since we have DVC dues coming up. I still don't have tracking for my Friday order though. For those who have ordered before how long do they normally take to ship?
It takes 2 business days unfortunately for even a tracking number so expect something today or tomorrow.

Thanks I only got 15%. I’ve been getting the lowest lately since Wells Fargo decided to “upgrade” my card. I’m going to tell them not too.

Any other in store JCP offers I can combine it with?

Have you been able to buy Disney gift card using a Safeway gift? I didn't think my Safeway allowed it, but honestly haven't tried.

I have in the past but haven't tried it recently. I do my regular grocery shopping at Safeway every week so I typically add the gift card to my regular grocery order and pay with the Safeway gift card plus a credit card. If I can get away from work this morning, I'll head up to Safeway and give it a try with just the GC to GC.

Churning sounds risky to me but I’ve been successful getting 10% cashback on giftcard purchases (in store) using BankAmeriDeals with my Cash Rewards card. The deals vary by person but I got one at Staples, Michaels, Office Depot and hoping maybe Burlington will have Disney GC too but I’ll have to check.

Good risk free way to get 10% off

Plus if you have the new “coin” rewards, you get an extra $5+ back for every 4 cashback deals you use

Last edited:
I have in the past but haven't tried it recently. I do my regular grocery shopping at Safeway every week so I typically add the gift card to my regular grocery order and pay with the Safeway gift card plus a credit card. If I can get away from work this morning, I'll head up to Safeway and give it a try with just the GC to GC.

Thanks, do report back if you get a chance to try!

I did it back during the summer. I had no issues with a physical Safeway card used at the self kiosk, but the egift cards were a pain.

I have an egift card. Hoping to try it out this week. I've never used an egift card at Safeway before. Is it better to do self-checkout or cashier?

Just curious for those who have ordered from GCM before. I made an order early Friday for a Happy Lady card. With the BBB deal starting the 15th I'm thinking about ordering a few more since we have DVC dues coming up. I still don't have tracking for my Friday order though. For those who have ordered before how long do they normally take to ship?

I think the limit on the discount is $50 (5 cards), so I'm not sure if they will allow you to place another order.

Thanks, do report back if you get a chance to try!

I have an egift card. Hoping to try it out this week. I've never used an egift card at Safeway before. Is it better to do self-checkout or cashier?

I've just tried to use e-GC at Safeway branded stores to buy groceries with and even that was a royal pain and almost always took multiple employees trying, so I've never dared to try buying a GC with it.

And most of the stores in my state (primarily Vons and Albertsons in my part of the state) don't have self checkout so I've never tried that, but considering it seems to take employees multiple steps/attempts at a register, I'd be surprised if an e-GC would be doable at self-checkout without employee intervention there also.

But that's just based on my multiple experiences using the e-GC over the past few months in SoCal so maybe it varies by location some also.

I just came back from Safeway where I had no trouble purchasing a Starbucks gift card with a Safeway gift card. I was able to use the self kiosk, which is a change from last time when they had signs posted about no gift card purchases. Before giving it a try I asked the Safeway employee if I could use the self kiosk for a gift card purchase (saying nothing about paying with a gift card) and she said I could but the register would still prompt for an employee authorization. She scanned my gift card, entered her authorization and then went over to help someone else, leaving me to swipe my Safeway gift card.

I just came back from Safeway where I had no trouble purchasing a Starbucks gift card with a Safeway gift card. I was able to use the self kiosk, which is a change from last time when they had signs posted about no gift card purchases. Before giving it a try I asked the Safeway employee if I could use the self kiosk for a gift card purchase (saying nothing about paying with a gift card) and she said I could but the register would still prompt for an employee authorization. She scanned my gift card, entered her authorization and then went over to help someone else, leaving me to swipe my Safeway gift card.

So, let me see if I'm following along correctly... you're going to buy JCP gift cards at 30% off, use those to buy Amazon gift cards, use the Amazon gift cards to buy Safeway gift cards and then use the Safeway gift cards at the self checkout for Disney gift cards - did I get all of that? When you use your JCP gift cards, are you going in person?

So, let me see if I'm following along correctly... you're going to buy JCP gift cards at 30% off, use those to buy Amazon gift cards, use the Amazon gift cards to buy Safeway gift cards and then use the Safeway gift cards at the self checkout for Disney gift cards - did I get all of that? When you use your JCP gift cards, are you going in person?

No, I’m using my Wells Fargo card to purchase Amazon gift cards at JCP. I’ll get 30% in cash rewards on my Wells Fargo “Go Far Rewards” account. Then I’ll use those amazon cards to buy Safeway cards. Then I’ll use the Safeway cards to buy Disney.

As far as I know JCP doesn’t allow you to purchase third party gift cards with a JCP gift card.

Does anyone know if Acme accepts Safeway gift cards?
If it's been changed to the Safeway system, yes, if not yet then you can only use the Albertsons ones. Ours updated at the beginning of Nov, the registers changed over, the GCs now read Safeway and Albertsons, and are using the just4u rewards platform (instead of mymixx). Just used a Safeway GC tonight at Acme. (on actual groceries, no info on 3rd party GCs yet)

No, I’m using my Wells Fargo card to purchase Amazon gift cards at JCP. I’ll get 30% in cash rewards on my Wells Fargo “Go Far Rewards” account. Then I’ll use those amazon cards to buy Safeway cards. Then I’ll use the Safeway cards to buy Disney.

As far as I know JCP doesn’t allow you to purchase third party gift cards with a JCP gift card.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! 30% cash back is great! Is there a cap on how much you can get back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter