Disney has Announced GREAT New Military Salute!

I'm confused by the text of the press release. My husband is a reservist. He's being activated Jan 15th. We're going to Disney World the week before that to spend some family time before he goes. Does that mean he can show his orders to take advantage of the offer? Or is he not eligible because he's not active duty?

Wow, that sounds like an awesome deal for all that can take advantage of it!They definately have earned it!In this time when we have had some negative things come from Disney,this restores some of my respect for the company.You did this right this time,Disney.

We were just going to ask my reservist dad and Civil Air Patrol mom to buy some DOD tickets for us on base ... this deal would let them come with us, (my mom has never been!)

Thank you Disney!

rigs32, I would definitely call and ask! I know that the tickets have to be bought at WDW, and you have to show the military member ticket to purchase the discount tickets. Also, I don't know where you are staying, but they have some great room rates. I booked CSR at $93.24/night, including tax, for 6 nights. You can book for 6 nights max at the discount rate, since it is a 7 day pass. I wanted 2 additional nights, and the CM told that it would be $205.00/night with tax for the extra nights, so we will stay off-site at the beginning and the end.

When you call, make sure the CM understands that your DH will be going active right after you return from WDW. If the CM doesn't give you the special, I would very politely ask for a supervisor, and keep going up the chain until they give it to you. I think they would be very understanding about the fact that you are trying to get in some family time prior to activation.

Good luck!

Thanks, Brenda. That was my plan. I've emailed WDW, since the contact number was busy.

If anyone else finds out any more info, please post it here.

Yes, the "activated reservist" part has me confused too. If they are activated, they cannot be going to Disney! If you get any clarity, let me know. DH's unit has not been activated yet, and I would not go without him anyway. :confused:

Here is a quote from the official press release:
"Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists (or their spouses, if they are not present) will also need to show active duty orders. "

So... yes.... reservists must have been activated.

Right, I get that part of it.

But my hubby will have his orders in hand, to be deployed 1/15. We'll be in Disney just before. You can't be at WDW AND an activated reservist. I would think it made more sense to extent the offer to a person about to go off and serve his country, rather than the families of those who are serving. (not that i think the familes shouldn't get it, just that he should, too)

Any idea how to email disney about this? What address do you use?

I am interested in this, as my dh is a reservist and we're going dec. 15th, and maybe they have some other discount during this time. Otherwise, we can get our tickets at sog.

Hi all,
I don't know what Disney considers an Active reservist. We just got back and took advantage of the Sea world deal. What they mean by an active reservist is a "drilling" member as opposed to being in the IRR. I am a reservist and we just showed our green ID's. YeaH...Bud!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

and could not possibly do another 7 days at Disney. Does anyone know if you can just purchase a 4 or 5 day hopper at a discount price. and does it have to be a hopper plus? My hubby cannot attend so it would just be me and the kids. Thanks Pam

Cheeringmom: I called our local ITT office on base and asked about the various passes, and they said you could get any Park-Hopper or Park-Hopper Plus passes at the military discount. So you wouldn't have to stay the whole 7 days. This opportunity may never come again - go back and visit while you can at those great rates.

I'll definately will go back!!! What a bargain.But if you purchase the passes thru ITT will they be "normal" passes or will you have to use them in a consectutive row? The press release said you had to use them up with in 7 days of buying them. Hmm. Now the search begins for a good rate on hotels.....

Cheeringmom: Actually, you have to purchase the tickets at DisneyWorld, as mentioned in a previous post. I just called the ITT to ask whether you could purchase any type of multi-day pass at the discount and they told me yes, but you have to buy them at DW. I should think all other rules/restrictions on the tickets would be the same as if you purchased them at full price.

We were worried this offer would be limited to spouses and children. My aunt is in the Army and we are her immediate family.

They may limit to those people who are actually the military members dependents - best to call and ask.

I just got back (we are stationed in England ) and I am trying to work out if I can get back!

The half price tickets are not limited to immediate family - we are buying them for friends that are going to meet us there. I called and asked, and was told that the only limitation is on how many you can buy. Since DH and I are both active duty, we will be able to buy up to 10 of the half price passes.

yesterday and she said it can be for any pass. The bases apparently got a letter explaining everything. But you only have the option of buying the passes at 50% off one time. The bummer is at the 50% discount, you have to use your days consecutively. So they are not like reg. hoppers where any unused days won't expire. But I'm not complaining! We are going again and we just got back. Can't pass up the great deal! Call your local ITT and get the facts! have fun! Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter