Disney Hotel Prices are Out of Control!

I go to Europe, but I'm not interested in eating at my accommodations with food brought back there from the supermarket or cafe or whatever. It's more inexpensive, but it's kind of dull. I'd go eat at the cafe, where there are people to watch and maybe chat with. I probably treat WDW the same way.

I would think the food is part of the European trip experience! I don't have any interest in cooking meals in a vacation rental.

I'm starting to look at a trip to Amsterdam in a few years. Flights alone are $2500 for 3 of us. I can get to WDW and stay at Pop for a week for close to that.

WE did Crystal Palace and Tusker. I'm aware that you are paying a premium because of the characters. That doesn't mean the food should not be good as well. It wasn't horrible, it just wasn't any better than what I could get here at home. In fact, Golden Corral has better desserts lol.

Tusker is $42 for adults for Dinner though, not $60 (even with tax tip and no discounts). I haven't been but I've heard good reviews?
A decent Indian buffet will run you $20+ a lot of places, and that's not literally inside a Disney theme park.

Crystal Palace... yeah... doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

How do you get a PIN code to use so regularly?
We get codes in email or snail mail... for every May every winter...also, There is often time codes on mouse savers.
The only secret we have to getting codes a lot. I log onto disney web site alot. Plan vacations...Some dont get codes some do...We get them alot. 15-20% for Value resorts 35% Deluxe. Moderate is also 20 or 25 can't recall as we usually do Value. PORQ time to time if codes allow.

I would think the food is part of the European trip experience! I don't have any interest in cooking meals in a vacation rental.

I'm starting to look at a trip to Amsterdam in a few years. Flights alone are $2500 for 3 of us. I can get to WDW and stay at Pop for a week for close to that.

I have no interest to cook in Italy either but I do plan on picking up goodies at a local bakery for breakfast the next morning. Or picking up local meats, cheeses and wine for our Airbnb to snack on while sitting on the balcony taking in the view. All things I don’t do at Disney.

We get codes in email or snail mail... for every May every winter...also, There is often time codes on mouse savers.
The only secret we have to getting codes a lot. I log onto disney web site alot. Plan vacations...Some dont get codes some do...We get them alot. 15-20% for Value resorts 35% Deluxe. Moderate is also 20 or 25 can't recall as we usually do Value. PORQ time to time if codes allow.

You're lucky then. I've gotten a PIN once. Maybe I have too many trips actually booked or something.

I have no interest to cook in Italy either but I do plan on picking up goodies at a local bakery for breakfast the next morning. Or picking up local meats, cheeses and wine for our Airbnb to snack on while sitting on the balcony taking in the view. All things I don’t do at Disney.

I would definitely pick up snacks. We also do that at Disney, or any trip we are on.

Tusker is $42 for adults for Dinner though, not $60 (even with tax tip and no discounts). I haven't been but I've heard good reviews?
A decent Indian buffet will run you $20+ a lot of places, and that's not literally inside a Disney theme park.

Prices varies at Tusker House, just so you know.

You can definitely do Europe cheaper than Disney. ... Sure I could do Disney cheaper if I stayed value, drove from NJ, didn't get PH and ate all QS.
That's the point other posters have made. If you aren't comparing the same level of experience, then you're not really getting any worthwhile information from the comparison. If you compare same to same in terms of quality of accommodations and quality of food, and generally keep all aspects of the two vacations the same other than what you do each day, then most people find that a Disney vacation is more affordable than a European vacation. Sometimes, short-term discounts make one or the other more affordable, but when comparing same kind of discount to same kind of discount, then we have found that Disney is still more affordable. Nothing makes that point clearer than how people trying convince other people of the opposite are doing so with such passion on a Disney-focused website. :D

Nope, price as of July 1 is $55.38 including tax but excluding tip. So more like $66 after tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter