Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition

Well, What's probably going to happen is they're going to include three or four new worlds, one of which is going to be Avengers. I'd like to see a Lilo and Stitch character duo. I'd also like some more Pixar movie worlds, like UP.

For one thing, I'd like the 2.0 edition to allow all the characters in every play set. I don't like that Mickey is stuck in the toy box.

This might be a long shot, but I'd also like to see the whole platform go MMO. More people playing together and more interaction would be more fun. It would have the potential to fill that place in my life that has been empty since VMK closed.

Maybe some of those features are already there but I can't experience them with my feature restricted Wii version. :rotfl:

if i was a kid i would buy this game, its a money maker now with Star wars and Marvel this game can go anywhere

I assume it will not require the purchase of another base unit, just a game disc/download

I am pretty excited for it

I watched the whole video. Some great takeaways. No need for a new base unit. All version 1.0 toy boxes, characters, etc will be compatible. Huge play sets. World building looks vastly improved

I am not a huge Marvel fan but will get this. The other Disney things hinted at are my big draw

I assume it will not require the purchase of another base unit, just a game disc/download

I am pretty excited for it

Is that right? I thought the base was system specific but I could be wrong...i'm probably wrong...i'm hoping i'm wrong?

I currently play on a Wii which is not supported in DI 2.0 so I will need to purchase a new base unit because I also have to buy a new console. I'm not upset about it, I'm due for an upgrade anyway.

Otherwise, your old base unit is still good. You won't need a new one.

Super excited for the Marvel stuff and really hoping for Star Wars to go with the new trilogy also! I want more princesses(I know but hey I LOVE Disney Princesses!) and more Pixar stuff!

Working in the VG industry, I can assure anybody who questions whether the franchise will be a continued success that it will be.
Not only did it finish in top 10 overall game sales, but to be honest, INFINITY would have probably ended Skylanders if it wasn't for some very bold partnerships that ended up paying off majorly for Swap-Force, we discussed this at a meeting at the beginning of the year.

Working in the VG industry, I can assure anybody who questions whether the franchise will be a continued success that it will be. Not only did it finish in top 10 overall game sales, but to be honest, INFINITY would have probably ended Skylanders if it wasn't for some very bold partnerships that ended up paying off majorly for Swap-Force, we discussed this at a meeting at the beginning of the year.

Thanks for your insight!

Big news for 2.0 this week. I'll summarize but also post the original article for you to dig into.

In short, Disney is allowing consumers that only want to obsess over Disney characters and not Marvel the ability to do just that as the game can be purchased with a Classic starter kit sans Marvel playset and figures. Even Powerdisc packs will be SKUed separately, with Originals and Marvel iterations.

New figures were leaked, but no images of them yet. Below are those now leaked:

Tinkerbell
Donald Duck
Stitch
Hiro (Big Hero 6)
Bay Max (Big Hero 6)

Also, announced (at E3) earlier this week. The Guardians of the Galaxy playset with all 5 of the heroes as figures, plus Nick Fury, Spider-Man (and playset), Venom, Iron Fist and Nova. Previously announced were Merida and Maleficent as well as the Avengers figures from their first announcement.

Here is the article. http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/06...-duck-stitch-and-much-more-leaked-by-walmart/

yeahhh
Marvel Super Heroes, players will use real-world interactive Marvel figures to activate original storylines

Would you recommend this game for a 6 yo. who loves Skylanders? Is it similar? Is it true you need 2 players from the same movie to play with 2 people? Also, how is playing in split screen? Does it take away from the game? Any other help that you could give me would be great! Thanks!!

Would you recommend this game for a 6 yo. who loves Skylanders? Is it similar? Is it true you need 2 players from the same movie to play with 2 people? Also, how is playing in split screen? Does it take away from the game? Any other help that you could give me would be great! Thanks!!

My 6 yo. Daughter started playing 1.0 at 5 and loved it! She's an old pro at it by now. It is very much like Skylanders from what others that have played both has told me.

You're on the right track about what is needed to play 2 player cooperatively (split screen). Both character figures must be from the same playset, as in, Avengers characters can play in the Avengers playset, Guardians characters can play in the Guardians playset, etc, however, the game designers have said there will be some characters that can crossover into other (multiple) playsets. From what I've heard, the likes of at least Spider-Man will be able to play in both Spider-man's playset and the Avengers playset. I'm sure more crossover characters will be announced in the near future.

The good news (to some) this time is that the 3 characters in the starter pack all belong in the same playset (Avengers), so you won't have to go buy a 4th character separately before playing cooperatively.

The split screen is left and right (not top and bottom) for this game, at least it was for 1.0, and my daughters and I have no major complaints with it.

My daughters 3 and 6 still beg to play this daily. We have ALL of the 1.0 figures and they love switching them out and building and playing in the worlds they created.

I'd say if your son loves Skylanders, he should love this, especially if he's at all a Marvel Superhero fan.

Hope this helps!

What console does he play Skylanders on, or which console are you considering buying DI 2.0 on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter