Disney Magic Kingdoms

I’m up to 9/15 virus fragments and have a full day of airports today. Hoping to start working on the costume soon but doubt I’ll get it. Oh well.

Didn't update yesterday, so this is this morning's update instead. IOS - 14 virus fragments. Windows - only at 11/3 for Belle costume.

On Reddit and FB, I've only seen a couple of people say they have finished. In general, everyone seems really unhappy with this event.

Yeah, I haven’t read about many people being happy with this event, myself included. Unless you really love WiR or didn’t have a few of the Princess, I’m not sure what there really has been to like?

While I don’t see them ever doing it, they really need to have a 2 or 3 month event hiatus. I think a lot of us need a nice “break”. I’m not against them releasing new content, but do it as an update, not an event.

I finished the event this morning and it was extremely anticlimactic. Not even a quest for Ariel once I got her comfy outfit - just a pop up message saying "thanks for playing this event" or something to that effect. One thing I thought was hilarious (and I'm being extremely sarcastic here) was that once I had gathered all the fabrics for Ariel's costume, Gameloft did try to entice me to buy the outfit with money before I could click the button to buy her with the fabrics I'd just collected. Ummm.... No thanks.

But for those who think Ariel's costume will be impossible to get, I wouldn't stress as it's a fairly useless item. I don't yet have Ariel at lvl 10 so the only event task I can do with her is a 2-hour one where she disappears into the princess dressing room (can't even see her interacting with the dressing room environment). Basically, the costume adds absolutely nothing to the game experience and is barely worth having when you earn her through gameplay. And I certainly wouldn't want anyone spending money on it. I know it's tough for us complete-ists to let things go but, in this case, Elsa definitely has the right idea :)

Good luck to all that you reach your own personal event goals before Friday!

Most games that you have to pay to make progress I get bored with and quit soon after downloading. I think the only reason I still have this one is because of the Disney aspect.

In other news, I'm finally welcoming Belle's comfy outfit!

:cool1: WOOHOO! Congratulations

Yeah, I haven’t read about many people being happy with this event, myself included. Unless you really love WiR or didn’t have a few of the Princess, I’m not sure what there really has been to like?

While I don’t see them ever doing it, they really need to have a 2 or 3 month event hiatus. I think a lot of us need a nice “break”. I’m not against them releasing new content, but do it as an update, not an event.

New content yes. I want Christmas decorations.

I don't even think Ariel should be involved in this event at all. Certainly not in the end, at least. Vanellope should be the final character, and she's hard enough to get as it is. If they wanted to include Ariel, she should have been one of the early "earnable" ones like Belle and Jasmine, for those who needed them, instead of Cinderella, who is permanent content. JUST SAYIN'.

went to bed last night needing 3 virus pieces. after several rounds today , I am now needing 2 virus pieces.

Ugh.

Just clicked Welcome Vanellope in IOS. Now, I wonder how long it will take to collect her tokens to level her up to 2

Didn't update yesterday, so this is this morning's update instead. IOS - 14 virus fragments. Windows - only at 11/3 for Belle costume.

On Reddit and FB, I've only seen a couple of people say they have finished. In general, everyone seems really unhappy with this event.

I looked at the FB page. I saw a ton of complaints, and a few idiots saying this is the best event ever (gameloft mole perhaps?) and then gameloft only responds to those few posts and ignores the rest. And when called out on that they side hide and cower in the corner with all the money they are making from people paying them for this event.

I think I've been saying that all along LOL, and even put it into that stupid survey that they totally ignored. I agree they don't want to do it. It would require creativity instead of threats that you're running out of time. Yeah, I'm really positive about this game these days. :rolleyes:

up to 12 virus tokens so hopeful I might get to start welcoming Vanellope later today or first thing in the morning

I liked how this event started (to be fair, I do rather like Wreck it Ralph) but I think it suffers from what a lot of the events do - they teeter out at the end and become a slog to get the items for the last character. I know they want to make it a bit challenging to entice people to spend money but I wonder if the events would benefit from only being like 3 weeks instead of 4 and make it less of a slog to get all these "epic" tokens.

up to 12 virus tokens so hopeful I might get to start welcoming Vanellope later today or first thing in the morning

I liked how this event started (to be fair, I do rather like Wreck it Ralph) but I think it suffers from what a lot of the events do - they teeter out at the end and become a slog to get the items for the last character. I know they want to make it a bit challenging to entice people to spend money but I wonder if the events would benefit from only being like 3 weeks instead of 4 and make it less of a slog to get all these "epic" tokens.

Good luck with Penelope! Just a reminder, you still need to get her up to level 2 before you can start Ariel. Think it took me just under a day. Also, I’m wondering if people will still be able to collect for comfy outfits after the event ends? I don’t see why they shouldn’t.

It’s funny, I was just gonna respond to @mmmears post about possibly cutting the event times down. 3 would be an improvement, but I think 2 weeks would be much better.

I really miss having to battle the event villains. It took forever because you had to do the 2-6 hr tasks like 25 times, but at least you knew you were going to complete that step of the event in 25 collections.

I wish they would mix the events up and actually make it slightly less cookie cutter, but we all know that would be too much work.

Well I’ve been working on getting Vanellope since Friday afternoon, have both premium characters, and I’ve got only 10 virus tokens. I’ve never had a drop rate this bad.

Man I was happy to find out that I could finally get Belle with this event. Careful what you wish for. I’ve been running collection tasks CONSTANTLY for 6 days and still need 1 more token. No way I can finish this one even though i have ariel.

Finally deleted the game from my phone. Didn’t play this last event as I had no interest in that film. Was cool with the event, just skipped it to focusing on levelling everyone up to ten. However, all I really wanted was the steamboat. I purchased 18 chests in an attempt to get the only attraction I wanted (only the second time I’ve made in game purchases since the game was released). And guess what? Nothing but garbage. Why you can’t purchase the items you want outright is the most baffling decision I’ve seen. But whatever gets the kids gambling I guess. Turn them into mindless consumers as early as possible. I fell for it as well, so not sure what that makes me. But it feels good to stop the mindless tapping. Not sure why I wasted so much time on this game. I have anxiety and I thought it was calming. But in retrospect I think it was the exact opposite. My only real take away is that this greedy corporate cash grab has taken some of the shine off of Disney for me.

Finally deleted the game from my phone. Didn’t play this last event as I had no interest in that film. Was cool with the event, just skipped it to focusing on levelling everyone up to ten. However, all I really wanted was the steamboat.
Good for you, I’m getting close to doing the same. I finally got the ice rink last week from a chest now that it is useless for tokens as all my characters it helped with were at 10.
I’m working in the last comfy costume now but it’s not looking good before the event ends, but we’ll see what happens over the next couple days. I was a completionist, but since I can’t get the steamboat willie attraction I just can’t be. I am missing the Pooh and mrs incredible costumes so not getting this one is no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter