Disney Magic Kingdoms

Another musical fountain for my platinum chest today. :rolleyes2

I haven’t actually bought any buildings yet so this will be my first one.

I’m curious....how long does it take you guys to acquire 30k elixir?

It really depends how active you are, what you are trying to collect, and a strong dose of luck. For me, I try to have 2 of every decoration and concession either in the park or in storage so if I accidentally give 1 to Merlin, I have a backup. I'm also pretty active on the game throughout the day, so I can usually get some junk items from the bronze chests from the happiness ads. Even with all that, it usually takes me about 1-2 months to save the elixir. It goes much faster if you get a lot of things you already have and can redeem for 450 elixir rather than say, 20 elixir. They change the amounts of elixir rewarded for all the items periodically, so if I have a bench that only rewards 20 elixir, i might hold onto it for longer and redeem it when they are going for 50-100 elixir instead.

Takes me a long time. I don't tend to click on the "watch an ad for a bronze chest" thing though. I just don't have the time right now. I (like you) only buy stuff from Merlin that I can't get any other way since I don't have enough elixir as it is. I can wait for the Mayor. I have all the buildings he sells, but not the costume fabric.
I don’t click on the bronze chest stuff either. Too time consuming lol.

Another musical fountain for my platinum chest today. :rolleyes2

It really depends how active you are, what you are trying to collect, and a strong dose of luck. For me, I try to have 2 of every decoration and concession either in the park or in storage so if I accidentally give 1 to Merlin, I have a backup. I'm also pretty active on the game throughout the day, so I can usually get some junk items from the bronze chests from the happiness ads. Even with all that, it usually takes me about 1-2 months to save the elixir. It goes much faster if you get a lot of things you already have and can redeem for 450 elixir rather than say, 20 elixir. They change the amounts of elixir rewarded for all the items periodically, so if I have a bench that only rewards 20 elixir, i might hold onto it for longer and redeem it when they are going for 50-100 elixir instead.
I didn’t know they switched the amounts for things. Yesterday I gave him like 15 things and barely got anything

HELP SECTION!!!!!!
So I have a layout that was inspired by @lmmatooki and some man named Adam on the facebook page. I don't know how to make a video of my game. Can someone help me with that? I use an iPad mini 4 to play, and I'm not the best with tech, so you have to talk to me like I'm four. Step one: xxxx Step two: xxxx, etc. Thank you all in advance

If your iPad mini is up to date, on the ‘control center’ menu (pull down from top right, screen shot attached), then click on the ‘record’ button (old school VHS style, screen shot attached). It will give you a 3 second countdown and start recording everything on your screen (including pop up notifications). So have your game running in the background, press record, swap back to the game, scroll around, then when done hit the record button again to end the recording.

Now, if you don’t have the record button on your control center, go to setting and navigate to control center (screen shot attached), select customize controls, scroll down and add ‘screen recording’.

That’s the best step by step I can do, hope it helps!

Attachments

• 58DBAF6D-45B5-460F-AA0C-791F3D554FCD.jpeg
    58DBAF6D-45B5-460F-AA0C-791F3D554FCD.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5
  • A9F63C15-C0BB-4AAD-9894-AE9832BE9983.jpeg
    A9F63C15-C0BB-4AAD-9894-AE9832BE9983.jpeg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 571A2742-B6CE-4DF2-B015-82EFF49E2983.jpeg
    571A2742-B6CE-4DF2-B015-82EFF49E2983.jpeg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3

Gave up on the watch video bronze chest also. Use to watch them all the time when chest use to give character items though.

I love that there are three ‘completionists’ types:

ALL THE ATTRACTIONS!!

ALL THE CHARACTERS :smickey::stitch2:pluto::eeyore:pooh:

ALL THE THINGS!!

Use to be an all thing completionist a long time ago.

The first thing I decided to ignored were decorations, when I realized they served no real value in the game.

Then the game started selling more and more gem only confession stands, so thet were taken out of my must have list.

Then I had all the attractions, until some became Platinum chest only items. They could have gotten money from me if I could buy them outright but I refuse to spend cash on Platinum chests, just for a small % chance. So they are also out of my must haves.

Then they added mini event only items. If it’s like the one we just had, those are now added to my, don’t need as a completionist list.

So it looks like I’m just down to an all the characters completionist! Any wagers on when that’s also gonna end for me. :rotfl:

Shenanigans to the Nth degree with this one. Waiting to see if there will be any recourse on Gameloft's part to appease their frustrated players.

When it comes to these boards, we really do have our own little community going here, and we're all rooting for each other to be doing well. Disappointing to read that too many of "us" weren't able to complete!!

I love this...thank you Supernova for capturing the spirit of this community so well.

1.Only five decorations in bronze chests,where there used to be more.(Ok,some of them were switched over to the silver chests.)
2.Only two attractions in the platinum chests where there used to be more;I remember attractions like Splash Mountain and Zootopia Racetrack being in there at one point,now they're in the sapphire chests.
3.Concession farming just doesn't work anymore.
4.The complete randomness of chests in general,this is something beginning to tick me off.
5.Events such as the battlebots that are impossible to compete in,let alone win.
6.Having "epic" and "legendary" drops. Still working on Wendy,Barbossa and Shere Khan on iOS.

These are just a few of the things now wrong with this game,not that I'm complaining about the decorations,but still.

-

1.Only five decorations in bronze chests,where there used to be more.(Ok,some of them were switched over to the silver chests.)
2.Only two attractions in the platinum chests where there used to be more;I remember attractions like Splash Mountain and Zootopia Racetrack being in there at one point,now they're in the sapphire chests.
4.The complete randomness of chests in general,this is something beginning to tick me off.
5.Events such as the battlebots that are impossible to compete in,let alone win.
6.Having "epic" and "legendary" drops. Still working on Wendy,Barbossa and Shere Khan on iOS.

These are just a few of the things now wrong with this game,not that I'm complaining about the decorations,but still.

-

I had noticed that most things had switched to the silver chests and mostly Merlin stuff in bronze chests so some change was made unannounced.

I realize that they have the randomizer as a way of making the game more interactive. But when a player's tap has zero impact on the outcome, why bother creating the feature? Just have the tokens appear without the need for tapping. We're going to get the predetermined award anyway.

We still don't have an exact date for the start of the tower challenge do we?

It made me update my game last night so I almost thought it was going to start this morning.

-

Welcome to the dark side! Learn from Darth SuperNova and myself, little one.

I realize that they have the randomizer as a way of making the game more interactive. But when a player's tap has zero impact on the outcome, why bother creating the feature? Just have the tokens appear without the need for tapping. We're going to get the predetermined award anyway.

I agree, but they just want to give us the feeling that we might have some control. The thing that annoys me more is it will spin and spin around until you tap it, but only shows it for what a second? When I play, I think I miss seeing what I got about 1/2 the time.

Takes me a long time. I don't tend to click on the "watch an ad for a bronze chest" thing though. I just don't have the time right now.
The ads are, what, 30 seconds long each and there are only two of them at a time? One minute of your life each day is not a terrible imposition and you'll quickly start to accumulate items for Merlin. I watch them daily and have never had an issue with having enough elixirs. Something to consider.

The ads are, what, 30 seconds long each and there are only two of them at a time? One minute of your life each day is not a terrible imposition and you'll quickly start to accumulate items for Merlin. I watch them daily and have never had an issue with having enough elixirs. Something to consider.

I watch them all, well I start them can’t say I watch. They provide something free in game to use so worth the time, whether I watch or not the commercial. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter