Disney Magic Kingdoms

Well isn't this an annoying little event. Let's take something everyone hates, these 2-for-1 collecting things, and double-down on those, and then make a lot of the collections and tasks like every 2 minutes.

Well isn't this an annoying little event. Let's take something everyone hates, these 2-for-1 collecting things, and double-down on those, and then make a lot of the collections and tasks like every 2 minutes.
Annoying yes. But it’s not terrible, I spent less than 10 mins and maxed out all the nets and cages, so now can relax until the 4-hour capture tasks are done.

Very happy with the new tap and find feature though. I passed on the stars wars one as soon as I saw my leaderboard.

Yep, don’t think anyone has ever said, you know what would be better than a 2-for-1 tapper? 2 2-for-1 tappers! Although, while they’re technically (?) 2-for-1 tappers, they’re different than what we’ve had before.

As far as the short collecting times I haven’t made up my mind on what I think about that yet. Been busy this morning, so haven’t had much time to collect much yet, but think once we build up a surplus of collect items it’s gonna run smoothly. As far as the carrots go, it’s gonna be kinda a pain, but the GO button directly taking you to thin really helps. If I do them while watching TV or a movie, getting to 750 shouldn’t be that tough.

So is anyone spending 500 gems to buy the dog? I’ve got 1050 gems saved up, but not sure if I want to spend them on a character I don’t care about? Percy would help me get Pocahontas a day or two earlier, but I don’t think it should be a problem getting enough Vine Cages collected without him?

Annoying yes. But it’s not terrible, I spent less than 10 mins and maxed out all the nets and cages, so now can relax until the 4-hour capture tasks are done.

Very happy with the new tap and find feature though. I passed on the stars wars one as soon as I saw my leaderboard.
I suppose the two main tasks are fine or whatever, but the walking onions reappearing every two minutes are particularly irritating. I know the easy answer is 'just ignore them', but when I am in the game I will rather compulsively feel a need to be collecting what is available. I'll certainly do my best to ignore those stupid things though.

The cursed crabs top milestone (90 cycles for 3 fabrics) is nigh impossible without buying Percy. At 4hr per task, Goofy and Beast can reasonable do the task 4x per day for a total of 8 per day. 8 day event, that’s 64 potential cycles. Without Percy, unless you hate sleep, just aim for the gem reward at 50 cycles and forget the top one even exists.

Last edited:
Well, the good news of the day is, I pulled Lumiere from the BatB chest!

I'm so glad I don't care about Pocahontas. We will still be able to unlock/welcome her the "normal" way when we get far enough in the storyline, right?

yes, she can be unlocked through normal gameplay. this event is merely for early access, trading task grind for token grind.

Yep, don’t think anyone has ever said, you know what would be better than a 2-for-1 tapper? 2 2-for-1 tappers! Although, while they’re technically (?) 2-for-1 tappers, they’re different than what we’ve had before.

As far as the short collecting times I haven’t made up my mind on what I think about that yet. Been busy this morning, so haven’t had much time to collect much yet, but think once we build up a surplus of collect items it’s gonna run smoothly. As far as the carrots go, it’s gonna be kinda a pain, but the GO button directly taking you to thin really helps. If I do them while watching TV or a movie, getting to 750 shouldn’t be that tough.

So is anyone spending 500 gems to buy the dog? I’ve got 1050 gems saved up, but not sure if I want to spend them on a character I don’t care about? Percy would help me get Pocahontas a day or two earlier, but I don’t think it should be a problem getting enough Vine Cages collected without him?

I picked up Percy. I also have not minded the 3 mini events so far. Glad the best items are not included in the Leaderboard.

The cursed crabs top milestone (90 cycles for 3 fabrics) is nigh impossible without buying Percy. At 4hr per task, Goofy and Beast can reasonable do the task 4x per day for a total of 8 per day. 8 day event, that’s 64 potential cycles. Without Percy, unless you hate sleep, just aim for the gem reward at 50 cycles and forget the top one even exists.

yes, she can be unlocked through normal gameplay. this event is merely for early access, trading task grind for token grind.

Luckily, like you said, it’s early access and permanent content, so while the 3 (5 in kingdom) fabric pieces would be nice it’s not worth the extra work IMO. If it was an event, I’d probably buy the premium character, but since it’s permanent I’m leaning toward not getting Percy atm. Also, all I know is if I buy Percy than Pocahontas costume will be worthless and if I don’t buy Percy and not get the fabric the costume will be worth it. :rotfl: As long as I get the 35 needed for Pocahontas, I think I’ll be happy.

It is kinda annoying that 2/3 characters (Mickey and Rapunzel) also collect L&tT and Onward items. Really wish they didn’t do that. It would be nice if I could use one of the 194 characters 8 have sent home instead. And yes, I know a lot of players don’t have some of the older characters, but it would be nice to make some of them useful.

Last edited:
I picked up Percy. I also have not minded the 3 mini events so far. Glad the best items are not included in the Leaderboard.

Yeah, I’m mixed on whether or not to get Percy. If I do get the dog, I kinda feel like I’m giving in to there “heavy handed” pressure to buy him. While I don’t like the fact that they’re making the final milestone so hard, or nearly impossible without Percy, I think the rest of the mine events are set up well.

Heads up to anyone who might not know that Merlin sell Bags for 600 elixir! It would be a good use of elixir for anyone who has surplus. My plan is to buy enough that I can always have have Belle, Mickey and Rapunzel always collecting birds from the Vine.

Heads up to anyone who might not know that Merlin sell Bags for 600 elixir! It would be a good use of elixir for anyone who has surplus. My plan is to buy enough that I can always have have Belle, Mickey and Rapunzel always collecting birds from the Vine.

Also, string if needed, but with 8 hours between pickups you probably have time to quest for both string and bags.

Also, string if needed, but with 8 hours between pickups you probably have time to quest for both string and bags.

Good to know. Stated with max string and stayed there so never saw that option. As far as bags go, after a day or two that might be the case, but the ability to buy them today and part of tomorrow should really come in handy. Also might be useful when you wake up and collect your 3 8 hour jobs and send them out again? Throughout the day your right about having time to collect both though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter