Disney Magic Kingdoms

Unlike Mrs. I, Dash appears to be like other characters where you have to use other characters to collect a bunch of items before you can actually welcome him. If you click on Dash in your character list, you can see the items he needs.

I don't see any of them, that's the problem. He's still greyed out, but when I click on him instead of the little blurb at the bottom that says "available in xx days" like it does for Mr. I, it says "go online to welcome".

I've also never had any ads, and have never paid anything for the game.

Unlike Mrs. I, Dash appears to be like other characters where you have to use other characters to collect a bunch of items before you can actually welcome him. If you click on Dash in your character list, you can see the items he needs.

I am also getting "Go Online to Welcome Dash". When I click on the character it doesn't show me any items needed. Again, just says "Go Online to Welcome Dash".

I don't see any of them, that's the problem. He's still greyed out, but when I click on him instead of the little blurb at the bottom that says "available in xx days" like it does for Mr. I, it says "go online to welcome".

I've also never had any ads, and have never paid anything for the game.

I am also getting "Go Online to Welcome Dash". When I click on the character it doesn't show me any items needed. Again, just says "Go Online to Welcome Dash".

Oh, sorry, I don't know then. But out of curiosity, on what type of device do you play the game? Android or iPhone? It is working on my iPhone, but just curious if that might somehow be a difference. Might also try *completely* closing the app or rebooting the device and see if that makes a difference? (on iPhones if you double-press the circle/home button on the phone, open apps are then displayed which you can swipe and close individually. My old android-based phone could do the same thing by holding the home button for a couple of seconds). Not sure other than that though.

[edit:] All my response was obviously assuming you have internet access wherever you are playing from. If not it may just be as simple as making sure you have internet access when starting up the app.

I'm on an iPhone, but he just opened up! Wondering if it was just some sort of delay or something on my phone. Frozone opened up as well, but I've got a lot of gems to earn to buy him (and I'm really trying not to spend any actual money on this game, as my daughter is playing too and trying to live in a world where she doesn't know that we're willing to spend real money on computer games!).

So do you actually watch an ad? Or do you just let 30 seconds pass? Every time I click the gem over the theater nothing happens. After a few seconds I get impatient and click the gem again at which time it tells me there is no movie available to watch at this time.

The first couple of times I did watch an ad. I noticed today that the gem was there, but when I clicked on it I got the message you're talking about. Yeah, seems like it's glitching now.

Hey guys, super new at this! But Dash is supposed to be available right now and all it's saying when I try to Welcome him is "Go online to Welcome!"

I'm not sure what this means so can anyone help me out?

Hey guys, super new at this! But Dash is supposed to be available right now and all it's saying when I try to Welcome him is "Go online to Welcome!"

Welcome! I would check the posts 2 and 3 posts above yours; that is unfortunately as far as the conversation has gotten about that issue today. It started working for ngm, so perhaps ngm can provide any additional info that might seem helpful?

I'm curious. Where are you seeing that? Have you looked at him in the Castle?

When I go see him in the castle, it lists all the items I need to get before I can welcome him.

A couple pages back, a couple people mentioned the "go online" thing when the event first started. One person mentioned they got that message when they were at work/school but when they got home it went away, and wondered if it had to do with network firewalls.

So I would recommend the standard troubleshooting. Hard close app, reboot your device, check to see if you somehow told the app to use wi-fi only and not data, etc

For some reason it doesn't think you have an internet connection.

I know I can't view leaderboards, collect prizes, etc when on my work Wi-fi because they block gamecenter and whatever port this game uses. If I turn off the wifi and use my data for a few minutes, I can do those things. So I turned off the wifi at 10:55, restarted the game, and at 11, saw the items to welcome Dash and got my reward from the first gold coin event. Maybe that is the problem for others?

I know I'm probably the only one who doesn't really care about the Incredibles event (personally I feel there is already too much Pixar in this game...not that I don't love Pixar, but I don't associate the Magic Kingdom with Pixar. Just doesn't feel "right" to me, but that's another story.). Anyway I had planned on mostly ignoring the event and just focusing on the regular game. I got Mrs. Incredible up to level 2 but that's as far as I went with it. So imagine my surprise when I click on two kids to grant their ride wishes and it immediately takes me to the shop, hinting at the fact that I must buy Syndrome's Energy Rings for these kids, because no other ride will do. :mad: Right now I don't have enough Incredicash for it, so if I want these kids to be happy I have to take the time to do more Incredibles tasks. I know it's not really a big deal, but honestly I AM kind of annoyed at how this event is intruding on my regular gameplay. I guess I never should have even started with Mrs. I, but I didn't know that it would start affecting other things. Now if I buy the Energy Rings I'm sure the next batch of kids will want whatever the next Incredibles ride is. Hmph.

I completely agree with the Pixar comment! I'm engaging in this because I want to have as many characters as possible, but I would love to see some other characters--or maybe the unpredictable ones (Carl from Up would be a nice change from the plethora of Toy Story characters!). I would love to see more Peter Pan characters, for sure more Disney Princesses (I can't wait for the Aladdin update), The Jungle Book characters, Robin Hood would be a blast, The Lion King would be awesome. If you couldn't tell, I'm a huge fan of the Disney Renaissance--not that I don't love the Pixar era, but I prefer some of the earlier works I was raised watching.

I wonder what the demographic breakdown on who plays the game works out to be--I know I'm definitely an adult, and I found out about the game from a fellow adult, and it would appear as though many people on this form are adults. I know it is supposedly targeted towards children, so the Pixar domination makes sense, but with the number of adults who play I wonder if they'll start adding characters the older audience cares for so deeply because they watched those characters as children.

Well... that's that. I'm done with Disney Kingdoms. I've spent probably $25 on the game, have enjoyed it, been waiting and waiting watching everyone else play their Incredibles, all the while still no Windows update. I emailed them, sent a (very polite) email, just asking when they thought the Windows update would be available, since it is disappointing that everyone else has had theirs for days now, and THIS is the reply I got:

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for your letter.

Please note that the update will be available for you one of these days.

Thank you very much for understanding.

Um.... "one of these days". Are you kidding me? They just lost this Windows customer.

There's been an announcement it will be later today for Sindows users and they will also be receiving an extension to the event so they have the same number of days to play.

It's worth noting that I read somewhere customer service from Gameloff is in france... So I'm hoping their rude 'one of these days' is simply a language barrier for 'upcoming days'... Otherwise, wow - shocking!

So after nearly 4 hours of Goofy eating Incredible Sandwiches I now have all the trophies for Dash, but it's going to take blooming ages to get all his ear hats!! :( Didn't think it would be as easy as Mrs I, but 15 of each? Seriously? And suddenly, now I want Dash earhats, Mrs I is dropping the earhats for Frozone that she wouldn't cough up pre-Dash welcome! Triffic!! 8-) They don't make it easy, do they?!

I'm having the same issue getting Dash earhats. I've gotten 3 so far today, which is pretty pitiful.

I have 6... Finding it to be okay tbh. Only thing that's annoying is I'm on GMT so likely gonna need to go to bed for the final few hats D:

I have 6... Finding it to be okay tbh. Only thing that's annoying is I'm on GMT so likely gonna need to go to bed for the final few hats D:
Me too! (Am in England), was a long wait till 4pm for him to go live, and there's a limit to how late you can justify staying up to collect earhats!! :) Not that my husband has noticed, (and I haven't 'fessed up) but my addiction to this game is sufficiently bad enough that if I get up to pee in the night, I start off my next parade/tasks and collect in Magic while I'm up!! :rolleyes1

I'm actually doing okay with Dash earhats. So far both Mrs I and Frozone have dropped them each time, and only once has Mrs I dropped Frozone which is okay because of the uneven number. Frozone only needs one more for his next upgrade, so even if she drops another one it will be okay, because then the choice for Frozone will go away. So I have 7.

And I'm only 1 earhat away from Welcoming Zurg! I have been working on him for it feels like forever! (edit: I posted on June 7th that I got the quest so 2 weeks!) Not sure when I'll have the 24 hours free to do it, but maybe after I get Dash/Frozone up to level 8 and if there is still time before welcoming Violet.

I have 7 of Dash's ear hats, but of course after all day and no Frozone ears, one drops today instead of the one for Dash.

I, too, would love for some of the older Disney characters, more Peter Pan, some Jungle Book or Robin Hood, maybe some Little Mermaid stuff...

I have 7 of Dash's ear hats, but of course after all day and no Frozone ears, one drops today instead of the one for Dash.

I, too, would love for some of the older Disney characters, more Peter Pan, some Jungle Book or Robin Hood, maybe some Little Mermaid stuff...
I feel the best idea for new characters should be an online vote. Participation from the fans of the game could help decide which characters there is the biggest demand for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter