Disney Magic Kingdoms

wow, Li Shang is 25 of everything. Gold coin looking things, 25 helmets and 25 ears. He is also 4,000 event coins.

It really annoys me when welcoming a new character takes a ridiculous amount of items. Li Shang needs 75 total tokens just to get him to level one?! If the drop rates are similar to Mushu's, Li Shang will have gray hair by the time I welcome him.
Quick first glance through, most of the mickey ears for him are 4 hour tasks. This could take a while. Oh well, all we can do is try and see what happens.

100 gems and 4000 event coins was .99 cents now $3.99
Here in the UK the price was 50 pence. I thought it was too good to be true and managed to buy it ten times. The price has now been increased to £2.99. Unsure whether to use the gems to get a few of the existing premium characters I'm missing, or save them for the future?

Li Shang's helmets and ear hats are both uncommon, so that will help most of all. It's the Rare and Epic drops that get us into so much trouble. And here is where the Premium characters help again. Mushu has ears as a possibility in his 1 hr task. And Mickey in his Lunar Costume can get the helmet in 2 hrs.

I've been sending Woody and Mickey on their cloth missions all day (twice for Mickey, 3 times for Woody) and they haven't dropped the cloth! I'm getting really annoyed with this event, especially since things aren't dropping and the characters require so many items to introduce

I appreciate all your updates. As someone who is new to a challenge like this, what are you basing your excitement on, past challenges. I am a little behind you. I still have 2 hours left on Mickeys 8 hour. Just wondering if there is a pattern to these events.

My kids dont play as much and one got mushu and one chose not to. I have both their ipods today at work trying to help them. Will there be enough time for them in your opinion if neither have the lunar costume yet.
Thanks again

Well, this event is a little unusual, in that it's only 11 days long, and it doesn't have a boss fight, so it may not be as tight as the other events have been. They actually give you the blueprint and timeline of the event under the Lunar Festival tab. There's generally a little bit of cushion built into these events, but not a whole lot, and there's been less and less, the past couple of events. They're designed in such a way that its possible to finish, but its not easy, especially without the premium characters. You have to play a lot.

Now, this event, it's still quite early. Li Shang is available early, then Mulan only 3 days from now, so I'm thinking that, if your kids play regularly, dependent on the quests, the cost in event currency, and the level of difficulty for Mulan's tokens, there should be enough time to at least get the characters, if not to finish the event quests. I can't be sure, of course, but it's my best guess. And I'm guessing that the Lantern Attraction is going to have to be bought for gems.

Is the deer stag decoration I just got in a platinum chest supposed to mean something to me. It doesnt look like Bambi

Don't think Li Shang will take that long to welcome. His stuff is a lot but it is also uncommon and should be pretty easy to drop. Now for Mushu and his 1 ear to drop that is driving me crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter