Disney Magic Kingdoms

Bedtime update. Windows - Tiana is in the park, and I had the drops to get her to level 2. She opens a ton of tasks, including the Comfy costume. But that is still locked for 2 days 10 hours. The top task is a joint one with Eudora, but she is on an 8 hour beignet collection so that will have to wait until morning. In IOS, I got the final beignets and so Tiana is in the process of being Welcomed.

My husband went to the Colorado Rapids home opener. Temperature was 15 degrees. It's now 8 degrees and we have almost 3" of snow. I should have stayed at my Dad's :beach:

Well I needed 4 more hats at bedtime and after this mornings collection.......I still need 4 more hats. I hope this is not an indication of the rest of the day.

Well I needed 4 more hats at bedtime and after this mornings collection.......I still need 4 more hats. I hope this is not an indication of the rest of the day.

My morning collection left me still needing 4 more hats so maybe some time today for Tiana

Welcomed Tiana this morning. Eudora needs to be at 6 for her joint task with Tiana, so I started leveling her up to six. In the meantime, I sent Tiana and Charlotte on their joint task for six hours. By the time that is over, I should have the last beignet to get to 2, and then I can level Charlotte to 4. Not sure how long the joint task for Tiana and Eudora will be.

Welcomed Tiana this morning. Eudora needs to be at 6 for her joint task with Tiana, so I started leveling her up to six. In the meantime, I sent Tiana and Charlotte on their joint task for six hours. By the time that is over, I should have the last beignet to get to 2, and then I can level Charlotte to 4. Not sure how long the joint task for Tiana and Eudora will be.

It's 2 hours.

Glad I had Eudora at 6 already. A Reddit post, talking about what to do while we wait for the Comfy costume, mentioned leveling up Eudora to 6 and also Mama Odie to 4. That may be necessary to build the next attraction. So she was first in my upgrade character list after getting Tiana to 2 (both games) and Charlotte to 3 (both games). It was previously mentioned Naveen needs to be 6 to complete the event as well, so he's next on my Windows game upgrade list. IOS, I think I'm good with everyone and it's just leveling for leveling sake, except Tiana (not sure what she has to be, but it's late in the game now, so I'm guessing 3 will be good enough).

Swoon.
I took day trips on my own via the train to both Hampton Court and Windsor...easy peasy and incredible places to visit.

I'm saving the Harry Potter tour for the eventual trip when we go with my Dad to Disneyland Paris. I want to fly one direction in/out of London, do a few days, including the tour and take the Eurostar to go between London and Paris, just to do it.
While visiting family in England (Westcliff-on-Sea) a few years ago, I decided to look into a brief solo excursion to Disneyland Paris. I booked tickets on the EuroStar, and somehow found my way on the local underground Victoria Station (end of the line) to King's Cross. There was track work being done on that line, so I had to switch at the Liverpool Station. Granted I have ZERO idea what the heck I was doing, and being a street-savvy New Yorker, I refused to ask directions from the locals. So I just followed along and somehow found my way there. I expected the EuroStar to be a straight shot, but I remember having to switch somewhere in France. And I nearly missed my gate, which closed at some random time. Thought I would be able to explore the station for a bit, but when I went over to speak to one of the agents, she told me to get inside and swung a small gate open for me.

Anyway, before I left Westcliff-on-Sea, I booked myself into the Hotel New York, which was annoying. I didn't fly from JFK to Heathrow and then travel by train to France to stay in a New York hotel, but it was supposedly the only one with vacancy. Which was nonsense because the park was a ghost town. They also force you to buy three days of tickets with a hotel, so I had to stay there longer than I wanted. Not enough to do there for three days.

When I tell you ZERO planning went into this trip... I basically sat down at their computer, checked out prices for EuroStar, booked the hotel and bought the park tickets online, and got dropped off at the local Victoria Station. Not a clue where I was going, no research on Disneyland Paris. Total seat-of-my-pants trip, all done solo. And since this was about eight years ago, cell technology wasn't where it is today, and I had no working phone. All communication back home in England was done through Facebook and email. The phone in my room had been set to Dutch, of all languages, and I couldn't understand the prompts to change the language. Folks at the hotel were less than helpful or friendly. Completely par for the course in France... miserable human beings that they are. Park cigarette butt holders are PACKED. Never cleaned out and man, those people smoke like fiends. Another thing I noticed about the parks is that there is no lining up for characters. Just a bunch of local rude children (and adults) pushing in front of you to get their picture. If France sank into the North Atlantic, I wouldn't miss it.

Last edited:

It's 2 hours.

Glad I had Eudora at 6 already. A Reddit post, talking about what to do while we wait for the Comfy costume, mentioned leveling up Eudora to 6 and also Mama Odie to 4. That may be necessary to build the next attraction. So she was first in my upgrade character list after getting Tiana to 2 (both games) and Charlotte to 3 (both games). It was previously mentioned Naveen needs to be 6 to complete the event as well, so he's next on my Windows game upgrade list. IOS, I think I'm good with everyone and it's just leveling for leveling sake, except Tiana (not sure what she has to be, but it's late in the game now, so I'm guessing 3 will be good enough).
Thanks for the info!

After the 2 hour joint task is building Mama Odie’s Tree. Only 4 hour construction time, 14,000 EC.

I expected there to be more time wasting before we got to something useful.

I went to bed early and woke up to find I got the last ear hat, so I'm welcoming Tiana now. Eudora and Naveen are both at 6 already, but I haven't leveled Charlotte up so she's still at 1.

While visiting family in England (Westcliff-on-Sea) a few years ago, I decided to look into a brief solo excursion to Disneyland Paris. I booked tickets on the EuroStar, and somehow found my way on the local underground Victoria Station (end of the line) to King's Cross. There was track work being done on that line, so I had to switch at the Liverpool Station. Granted I have ZERO idea what the heck I was doing, and being a street-savvy New Yorker, I refused to ask directions from the locals. So I just followed along and somehow found my way there. I expected the EuroStar to be a straight shot, but I remember having to switch somewhere in France. And I nearly missed my gate, which closed at some random time. Thought I would be able to explore the station for a bit, but when I went over to speak to one of the agents, she told me to get inside and swung a small gate open for me.

Anyway, before I left Westcliff-on-Sea, I booked myself into the Hotel New York, which was annoying. I didn't fly from JFK to Heathrow and then travel by train to France to stay in a New York hotel, but it was supposedly the only one with vacancy. Which was nonsense because the park was a ghost town. They also force you to buy three days of tickets with a hotel, so I had to stay there longer than I wanted. Not enough to do there for three days.

When I tell you ZERO planning went into this trip... I basically sat down at their computer, checked out prices for EuroStar, booked the hotel and bought the park tickets online, and got dropped off at the local Victoria Station. Not a clue where I was going, no research on Disneyland Paris. Total seat-of-my-pants trip, all done solo. And since this was about eight years ago, cell technology wasn't where it is today, and I had no working phone. All communication back home in England was done through Facebook and email. The phone in my room had been set to Dutch, of all languages, and I couldn't understand the prompts to change the language. Folks at the hotel were less than helpful or friendly. Completely par for the course in France... miserable human beings that they are. Park cigarette butt holders are PACKED. Never cleaned out and man, those people smoke like fiends. Another thing I noticed about the parks is that there is no lining up for characters. Just a bunch of local rude children (and adults) pushing in front of you to get their picture. If France sank into the North Atlantic, I wouldn't miss it.

I love travel stories like yours. I've taken the Eurostar, but in the other direction, and it's only a straight shot if you go into Paris, not into Marne la Valee from what I remember. We were in Europe a few years back and had decided not to go to DLP, but after almost 4 weeks of museums and such DD and I just wanted to have some silly fun (she was a tween at that point) so I talked to the concierge at our hotel in Paris and they told me how to get to DLP. So it's afternoon (the morning was Tour Eiffel and the D'Orsay), I haven't done any planning at all, and we show up and buy one day tickets, the day before Easter. It was a zoo, we didn't know where to go or what to do, and all I remembered was that people said the HM was different and better. So we rode that, Pirates, and a few other things despite the long lines. And then had a bad experience trying to get something to eat and went back to Paris. Not ideal, and now when we go anywhere near DLP both DH and DD won't even consider a visit. :rotfl: He's interested in Disney Sea, but not DLP.

I had the same thing happen. Have gotten 2 since, but was pretty annoyed that not one dropped overnight.

I love this...I could picture all of the events because you described it so vividly. Sometimes, “seat of the pants” can be great and, although I am a compulsive planner, I love the freedom to mix it up depending on mood/what’s available.

Thanks for sharing!

PS - my husband is from the Pacific Northwest and he refuses to ask for directions too.

Got Tiana earlier today and have completed the quest she has with Charlotte. She's now on the two hour quest with Eudora. Levels as follows:

Naveen - 6
Tiana - 3
Eudora - 6
Charlotte - 3
Louis - 5
Mama Odie - 5

Cri-Kee is level 6 - all the rest are maxed out, so I feel like I'm pretty much caught up with the game at this point. Really enjoying this event, despite Princess and the Frog not being one of my favorite movies. :)

I have charlotte and tiana on their 6 hr quest while Eudora levels up to 6. I only have Charlotte at 1. I probably won’t level her up until she needs it. Mama Odie is already at 4 so that’s good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter