Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do my best to not bring any negativity to the board, but I gotta ask--does this movie resonate with many people? Truly curious. To me, it just kinda is one of those pandemic-era movies that I'll never watch again.
I actually loved the story and the visuals, however as much as I like Awkwafina as an actress, I disliked her as the voice of Sisu. I can hear so many different voices for Sisu that would have been more desirable. I swear the first time Sisu spoke I thought it was Phylis Diller speaking from the grave. It just made Sisu too comedic IMO, which detracted from what was a serious and sad story of her being the "last dragon" and why.

I do my best to not bring any negativity to the board, but I gotta ask--does this movie resonate with many people? Truly curious. To me, it just kinda is one of those pandemic-era movies that I'll never watch again.

I liked it. It was a good movie. But if I’m being honest, it’s probably not one I remember or think about very often. I feel similarly about Turning Red although I’d still be happy with a red panda hug in the parks 😊

IMO it's the "worst" movie Disney has put out recently (not counting the remakes as they're way worse) but I don't think it's bad. Just very forgettable and the story has too much going on. I feel like it could've been better suited for a TV show. I also agree with the above comment about Sisu. I didn't like the voice and thought she was a little annoying. I enjoyed Encanto and Pixar's recent releases like Turning Red, Luca and Soul more.

I actually loved the story and the visuals, however as much as I like Awkwafina as an actress, I disliked her as the voice of Sisu. I can hear so many different voices for Sisu that would have been more desirable. I swear the first time Sisu spoke I thought it was Phylis Diller speaking from the grave. It just made Sisu too comedic IMO, which detracted from what was a serious and sad story of her being the "last dragon" and why.
Didn't she not remember what happened to her and why she was the last dragon?
I found it touching and my niece straight up cried.

It agree it is not not on the same level as Encanto or Coco, both which had me nearly in tears.

IMO it's the "worst" movie Disney has put out recently (not counting the remakes as they're way worse) but I don't think it's bad. Just very forgettable and the story has too much going on. I feel like it could've been better suited for a TV show. I also agree with the above comment about Sisu. I didn't like the voice and thought she was a little annoying. I enjoyed Encanto and Pixar's recent releases like Turning Red, Luca and Soul more.
i'm the opposite, i really enjoyed Raya but as far as Pixar's latest movies i like Luca but Soul and Turning Red are ones i will never watch again. Soul was too boring for me and Turning Red was so cringy probably because it was set the same time i was a teen and boy band obsessed that all i could see was me and how much i disliked myself then

There's been no official word that you can cancel 2 hours prior and there's been some speculation that it was a glitch. I wouldn't count on the 2 hour cancellation option. However if you do have a flight issue, you may be able to call and explain and have them waive the fee.
oh ok, i thought it was an official thing so thanks for clarifying :) i suppose i'll make the reservation when my 60 days comes up and as it gets closer keep an eye on the flight and decide the day before if we keep the reservation or not. not used to flying down so late, we usually get 6-7am flights but southwest hardly had anything so we are leaving a day earlier than originally planned and leaving in the evening.

oh ok, i thought it was an official thing so thanks for clarifying :) i suppose i'll make the reservation when my 60 days comes up and as it gets closer keep an eye on the flight and decide the day before if we keep the reservation or not. not used to flying down so late, we usually get 6-7am flights but southwest hardly had anything so we are leaving a day earlier than originally planned and leaving in the evening.
I thought it was official too when it was first reported but then nothing official came out from Disney. Hope it all works out and you have a great trip!

She replaced Moana who is still a part of the cavalcade walking alongside.

Prior to Moana being up there it was Mirabel I think.
Thanks
In April it was Moana on top of float 1 (merida/Elena/Pocahontas/mulan riding) & Clarabelle on float 2 (Nick/Judy/Jose/Panchito riding)

In July it was mirabel replaced Clarabelle completely & Pocahontas/mulan & Nick/Judy swapped places

Last edited:
Interesting, and a good way to hook people and maybe get subscribers. They really shoudl show the first 3 though because it doesn't really get going until then,
Totally agree. A good marketing strategy to try to boost subscribers, but 3 would be more enticing.

We LOVE everything Star Wars and I'm not sure DH and I would have followed (or at least in the near future - just may have added to our watch list for later) through if they had dropped one episode at a time for those 1st three.

Now we look forward to the next one every Wednesday.

Disney Makes It Easier to Find Variable Disney Genie+ Pricing

A small update was made to the My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps that now makes it easier to find the ever-changing price of the Disney Genie+ skip-the-line service. Previously, the price of the service was somewhat buried, requiring guests to navigate multiple pages within the app before they could find the price of Disney Genie+ for the day.

Now, the price is prominently displayed not only on the homepage of the app but also on the Tip Board as guests navigate to see wait times.

0422909F-FAFA-4060-B7DD-0BEE55B4FE93.png

490B3535-4B43-4F92-9A5A-6AE88325DB51.png

Disney Cruise Line Takes Top Spot for U.S. News 2023 Best Cruise Lines

The 2023 rankings highlight 17 cruise lines to help every type of traveler find the cruise that’s right for them. For the first time, Virgin Voyages takes the No. 1 spot in the Best Cruise Lines for the Money ranking, offering the best value among cruise lines. U.S. News considered the overall cruise line quality and average base fare per night, as well as extra benefits such as free gratuities, Wi-Fi access and all-inclusive package options. Carnival Cruise Line, known for its budget-friendly fares and frequent sales, and Celebrity Cruises, which offers a more upscale experience at reasonable rates, rank No. 2 and No. 3, respectively.

NEW: Starting Dec. 8, Walt Disney World will implement park specific pricing for 1 day 1 park tickets. Prices will vary based on park and date.

Ranges:
Animal Kingdom: $109 - $159 (no increase)
Hollywood Studios: $124 - $179
EPCOT: $114 - $179

Magic Kingdom: $124 - $189

It's worth noting - the $189 price at Magic Kingdom is only for 9 days around Christmas and NYE (currently priced at $159). Animal Kingdom 1 day 1 park ticket prices remain the same as the current price for a 1 day 1 park ticket.

Also starting Dec. 8: When you purchase a 1 day 1 park ticket, the system automatically books a park reservation for you. This is ONLY true for 1 day 1 park tickets. This is not true for purchasing a 1 day park hopper or multi-day ticket.

Scott Gustin Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter