Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I’m kind of looking forward to this, I hadn’t been to Country Bears since I was a kid, but when I went this past spring, I found it very cringey.
I love that an original attraction is still there but a few of the songs need to go. Not sure about an entire remake but at least they are not getting rid of it…hope they are keeping the same animatronics and reprogramming then.

I love that an original attraction is still there but a few of the songs need to go. Not sure about an entire remake but at least they are not getting rid of it…hope they are keeping the same animatronics and reprogramming then.
And for me the fact that the songs aren't exactly family friendly is what makes the attraction a classic. Adults laugh and they mostly fly over kids' heads. I laugh so hard every time at the "I think we should shoot him instead" line even though I know it's coming. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but if it's just a bunch of rerecorded Disney songs I'm going to be very disappointed.

I agree it needs updating - if nothing else the audio and animatronics need a refresh. But let's not change the fabric of what makes it so great. I love the wink and a nod aspect of the show! A bunch of bears singing Disney songs would probably bore me to tears.

I'm ok with South America land IF they add some really cool real animals to the area. I wish they could keep the dino theme for the ride though. I feel like they could easily tie it in with South America.
I agree! I want to see an anaconda or maybe some piranhas! I remember playing a pc game growing up called Microsoft's Dangerous Creatures and I was so fascinated by the most dangerous ones.
No mention of Coco. They first announced Zootopia coming to Tree of Life Theater. Then that Dinoland would become a land inspired by Tropical Americas. They then teased Encanto and Indiana Jones with the band but said nothing concrete on the land's attractions, just the land's theme. :D
I still wonder why they haven't re-themed the Grand Fiesta Tour to Coco. Kids may know Donald Duck but I think it's rare for them to know the 'Three Caballeros'. It was an old cartoon when I was a kid so can't imagine any kids recognizing them today.

So, nothing for DHS? I mean, they need to do something with the Beauty and the Beast show, Indy, and the entire Animation Courtyard. There is still so much wasted space/things in need of refreshes in that park.
DHS was and still is a half day park to me. It's amazing how littler there is to do/see in that park.

Former Walt Disney Imagineer provides more insight into the changes coming to the Country Bear Jamboree

Ethan Reed, a former Walt Disney Imagineer, has shared some additional background information on the work that has gone into the just-announced changes coming to Walt Disney World's Country Bear Jamboree at Magic Kingdom.

Ethan says that he originally pitched the idea in 2004 and was the conceptual Creative Director on the project from 2018 through 2020 until it was put on hold due to the pandemic.

Speaking today during the announcement at Destination D23, Disney Imagineer Chris Beatty said that when the new show debuts, the bears will be reinterpreting favorite Disney songs in different genres of country music. Imagineers envision the new experience as a homage to the classic musical revues in Nashville, and they're working with Nashville musicians to get the authentic country sound.
Why are they wasting $$ on this? I can't imagine that the show is that popular. I understand nostalgia but was this ever really that beloved?

I still wonder why they haven't re-themed the Grand Fiesta Tour to Coco. Kids may know Donald Duck but I think it's rare for them to know the 'Three Caballeros'. It was an old cartoon when I was a kid so can't imagine any kids recognizing them today.
My guess is that they’d have to overhaul the queue to make space for much more demand and it’s possible they either haven’t figured out how to do that or it’s just not possible given the space.

My guess is that they’d have to overhaul the queue to make space for much more demand and it’s possible they either haven’t figured out how to do that or it’s just not possible given the space.
On the rare days it is busy the queue is already a mess. I couldn't imagine if the ride was more popular.

They’d have to eliminate all or most of the market stalls and that would be very sad
I was picturing some space to the side of the building but I dunno if that’s feasible either. In any case, think of how big the queue space is now, then think of what you’d need to do to get it closer to the size of Frozen’s queue, for example.

Former Walt Disney Imagineer provides more insight into the changes coming to the Country Bear Jamboree

Ethan Reed, a former Walt Disney Imagineer, has shared some additional background information on the work that has gone into the just-announced changes coming to Walt Disney World's Country Bear Jamboree at Magic Kingdom.

Ethan says that he originally pitched the idea in 2004 and was the conceptual Creative Director on the project from 2018 through 2020 until it was put on hold due to the pandemic.

Speaking today during the announcement at Destination D23, Disney Imagineer Chris Beatty said that when the new show debuts, the bears will be reinterpreting favorite Disney songs in different genres of country music. Imagineers envision the new experience as a homage to the classic musical revues in Nashville, and they're working with Nashville musicians to get the authentic country sound.
This sounds fantastic! Best update in a long time if you ask me. Possibly Test Track as well if they follow through

I agree! I want to see an anaconda or maybe some piranhas! I remember playing a pc game growing up called Microsoft's Dangerous Creatures and I was so fascinated by the most dangerous ones.

DHS was and still is a half day park to me. It's amazing how littler there is to do/see in that park.

Why are they wasting $$ on this? I can't imagine that the show is that popular. I understand nostalgia but was this ever really that beloved?
Yep it was and still is by some.

Other than Philharmagic it’s the only presence of Donald in the parks

EPCOT Figment Meet & Greet Times Revealed

Figment will begin meeting with guests at EPCOT for the first time in a very long time. Guests will be able to find Figment in ImageWorks within the Imagination Pavilion. Here are the posted meet and greet times:

• 10am to 1:30pm
  • 2:30pm to 5pm
I'm here now and the line goes out of the pavillion and there are a dozen switchbacks. That line is in direct sunlight and me, a Figment non-enjoyer, says no thanks lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter