Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

I LOVE Slinky Dog, and really like TOT, MMRR, RnRC, and if there's time will do Rise and ST, maybe TSM.... my hubby loves the old 1940's cars (at least he used to...) and when they had the street actors. Now, it's get in, get done, and get out.

DISers: “Disney isn’t investing in WDW!”
Disney: “Here’s a bunch of stuff we are planning.”
DISers: “No, not that!”
What did they announce? A sponsor funded update to test track and some new songs to replace some outdated and now questionable material. AK is still blue sky, last year they announced lots of blue sky stuff and nothing came of it. When construction starts then we can say Disney is putting money into the WDW parks, but I don't see them starting any big projects in Florida until at least 2025.

HS is a 2 hour park for me. Ride ToT, grab a buffalo grilled cheese from ABC Commissary and then leave.
That’s why I’ll now tell folks if there’s an After Hours event at DHS I’ll suggest that over a day ticket.

Get to experience Toy Story land when the sun isn’t making you miserable and you don’t have to see how cheap they went with the land.

Might cost a little more but you can fit in the attractions in that time, possibly catch Fantasmic!, and at the end of the night stock up bags with water bottles or Coca Cola products to throw in the fridge for the remainder of your trip and save yourself buying in the parks later.

That’s why I’ll now tell folks if there’s an After Hours event at DHS I’ll suggest that over a day ticket.

Get to experience Toy Story land when the sun isn’t making you miserable and you don’t have to see how cheap they went with the land.

Might cost a little more but you can fit in the attractions in that time, possibly catch Fantasmic!, and at the end of the night stock up bags with water bottles or Coca Cola products to throw in the fridge for the remainder of your trip and save yourself buying in the parks later.
I would probably do that if I was with friends and family that wanted to go to HS. It's such a miserable park to be in during normal hours IMO. Doesn't mean others can't enjoy it. One less person in line for Rise 😁

I would probably do that if I was with friends and family that wanted to go to HS. It's such a miserable park to be in during normal hours IMO. Doesn't mean others can't enjoy it. One less person in line for Rise 😁
We are doing DHS the day after our MNSSHP, thinking we won’t want to get up too early. We have a dinner reservation at 5:00, so by the time that is over, we may be ready to return to our resort.

Bet the line is crazy today
It was already 2 hours a half hour before he started earlier on the thread someone said 3-4

I know the line is switchbacking out the building in the sun but I’m honestly surprised they don’t do what they did in the odyssey pavilion for the wonderground gallery signings during arts festival (or at Gideons at springs) and station a cm with a clip board to text you a return time
My guess is that they’d have to overhaul the queue to make space for much more demand and it’s possible they either haven’t figured out how to do that or it’s just not possible given the space.
Yep like PP said all the shops and possibly even the restaurant inside will need to be scrapped… I think la cava has an alternate way to get in on the side of the building so maybe that stays as it’s a money maker
What did they announce? A sponsor funded update to test track and some new songs to replace some outdated and now questionable material. AK is still blue sky, last year they announced lots of blue sky stuff and nothing came of it. When construction starts then we can say Disney is putting money into the WDW parks, but I don't see them starting any big projects in Florida until at least 2025.
I mean last year or at sw celebration they announced mando & Grogu for Star tours so not holding my breath on the Ashoka announcement either

I’m betting test track 3.0 happens since Chevrolet is footing the bill

Bears happens and will open alongside Tiana and a yet to be announced pecos bills retheme

Zootopia 3D show probably happens (and as a bonus Nick & Judy take over meeting where Moana meets now as she’ll be in Epcot)

Dinoland and everything else grain of salt

I mean last year or at sw celebration they announced mando & Grogu for Star tours so not holding my breath on the Ashoka announcement either

I’m betting test track 3.0 happens since Chevrolet is footing the bill

Bears happens and will open alongside Tiana and a yet to be announced pecos bills retheme

Zootopia 3D show probably happens (and as a bonus Nick & Judy take over meeting where Moana meets now as she’ll be in Epcot)

Dinoland and everything else grain of salt
I forgot about the Zootopia show. I actually hope they go through with it since the bug show would be traumatic for DD and it would be nice if she could see the inside of the tree. I've heard quite a few others who have avoided it for the same reason but I don't think they should get rid of it completely, maybe alternating the two.

I was thinking about the timeline they showed at 2022 D23 that showed what was coming in 2022, 2023 and 2024. It is interesting that the only thing worldwide at Disney Parks we know are happening after 2024 is:
  • Frozen at Walt Disney Studios Park in 2025,
  • Disney Adventure in 2025
  • Tokyo Disneyland's new Space Mountain in 2027.
  • We don't have a date for the Third Triton-class ship (Wish & Treasure's sister) will likely be 2025/2026,
Test Track 3.0 @ Epcot, Avengers Multiverse attraction @ DCA , Pirate Tavern @ MK, and Zootopia 3D show @ AK don't have a set date/timeframe yet. However, they are likely post-2024 as Country Bears was specificied to have a 2024 opening. Of course they can always announce extra things closer but 2025 is currently looking to be a slow year for Disney

I was thinking about the timeline they showed at 2022 D23 that showed what was coming in 2022, 2023 and 2024. It is interesting that the only thing worldwide at Disney Parks we know are happening after 2024 is:
  • Frozen at Walt Disney Studios Park in 2025,
  • Disney Adventure in 2025
  • Tokyo Disneyland's new Space Mountain in 2027.
  • We don't have a date for the Third Triton-class ship (Wish & Treasure's sister) will likely be 2025/2026,
Test Track 3.0 @ Epcot, Avengers Multiverse attraction @ DCA , Pirate Tavern @ MK, and Zootopia 3D show @ AK don't have a set date/timeframe yet. However, they are likely post-2024 as Country Bears was specificied to have a 2024 opening. Of course they can always announce extra things closer but 2025 is currently looking to be a slow year for Disney
There's a rumor going around that Iger is prepping the company for a split and selling to Apple. Not really sure how much truth there is to it but he could just be keeping the company's profile down until he sees how the Florida lawsuits end up.

DISers: more like start putting some shovels in the ground instead of selling us stuff that isn't happening.
You know, vacations are supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun, it's probably not a good vacation and maybe something else would be.

To be clear, I'm not saying that everyone should think WDW is fun. It's not fun for a lot of people. My son is one of those people. He doesn't come with us. It hasn't been that much fun for me, which is why I will probably have about a three-year gap in going.

But, if you're to the point where even yesterday's announcement doesn't at least give you a "Well, that could be fun" reaction, you might be happier on a beach in Aruba or something. (That's where I'm going next May.)

“We do so much work before a shovel hits the ground” - You also overshare before a shovel ever touches the ground too…

They should just do what Universal does and announce it the day it opens. That would really peeve off the DIS fans :rotfl2: Although, with the DIS planners it would be hard to wait that long.

I was picturing some space to the side of the building but I dunno if that’s feasible either. In any case, think of how big the queue space is now, then think of what you’d need to do to get it closer to the size of Frozen’s queue, for example.

There is a side entrance near the outside M&G, closer to Norway, that they used during covid for La Cava. It could be used for that, but it's not ideal.

DISers: more like start putting some shovels in the ground instead of selling us stuff that isn't happening.

I would suggest that may you should go to Universal/Epic instead, but ... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter