Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

The F&G menus look great, esp all the new stuff, but I don't see my very favorite item - fried cauliflower with capers. :sad: Did I just miss it? I think I bought it 10x last year.

The F&G menus look great, esp all the new stuff, but I don't see my very favorite item - fried cauliflower with capers. :sad: Did I just miss it? I think I bought it 10x last year.
It’s not on there for this year. Also, looking back at past menus, that item hasn’t been a part of the listed Flower and Garden booth menus since 2020.

Cast Members Sign Steel Beam to be Installed in EPCOT’s World Celebration Neighborhood
Recently, Cast Members were invited to sign a steel beam that will soon be installed in World Celebration as part of the EPCOT overhaul project. Photos of the signing event were shared by Disney earlier today. World Celebration will be opening later this year at EPCOT.

img_2051.jpg

img_2050.jpg
img_2049.jpg
img_2047.jpg
img_2048.jpg

The beam will likely be installed as part of the CommuniCore Hall structure currently being built in World Celebration.

Cast Member Preview of "Happily Ever After" Nighttime Spectacular to Take Place on March 14, 2023
Select Walt Disney World Cast Members will be able to enjoy a special showing of the beloved Happily Ever After fireworks spectacular three weeks before it officially returns to the Magic Kingdom Park (on April 4, 2023).

As part of this special event, 2,000 Florida-based Cast Members, Imagineers, and Employees will be randomly selected to win admission for winner and up to three (3) guests to the Happily Ever After return performance at Magic Kingdom Park on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, from 11:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.
If I were gonna be on property that night, I’d find a place somewhere around the lagoon and watch the high fireworks.

Cast Member Preview of "Happily Ever After" Nighttime Spectacular to Take Place on March 14, 2023
Select Walt Disney World Cast Members will be able to enjoy a special showing of the beloved Happily Ever After fireworks spectacular three weeks before it officially returns to the Magic Kingdom Park (on April 4, 2023).

As part of this special event, 2,000 Florida-based Cast Members, Imagineers, and Employees will be randomly selected to win admission for winner and up to three (3) guests to the Happily Ever After return performance at Magic Kingdom Park on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, from 11:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.

I'll be very curious to hear about what changes they made to it. I'm sure it's been updated, just wonder what got added and taken out.

ROGERS THE MUSICAL COMING TO THE HYPERION!!!

Sooo didn’t click the play button or follow the link because I don’t have any summer trips planned so all I got was the title. And all day my brain has thought this was about Mr. Rogers as in won’t you be my neighbor, until I saw a picture on Instagram and realized they meant Steve Rogers. Definitely makes more sense.

Sooo didn’t click the play button or follow the link because I don’t have any summer trips planned so all I got was the title. And all day my brain has thought this was about Mr. Rogers as in won’t you be my neighbor, until I saw a picture on Instagram and realized they meant Steve Rogers. Definitely makes more sense.
It was part of the Disney+ Hawkeye series, in the first episode. It was hilarious!

Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Permit Suggests Possible Track Replacement During Lengthy Refurbishment
Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closed earlier this week for a lengthy refurbishment. While Disney World has not announced an end date, Cast Members we spoke with earlier this week suggested the work could take 4-6 months to complete. What we have had little details on is what work will be taking place. Recently filed permits could not only shed some light on what work is taking place but also give us a better idea of the timeframe for the work.
The first permit is filed by Maddox Electric. The work listed is general electrical work, but the interesting part of the permit is that Maddox overrode the standard one-year expiration date and said that the work needs to be completed by September 14, 2023.
The second permit is far more interesting, listing the work as “general construction” but the contractor is Adena Corporation. Adena has done quite a bit of work for Disney in the past and lists roller coasters as one of the areas of its expertise. Indeed, Adena has worked on Slinky Dog Dash, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, and TRON Lightcycle Run. Their involvement in the project likely suggests some amount of track replacement and repair will take place, although it’s unclear if there will be a full track replacement. If we had to guess, a full replacement is unlikely.

Another interesting aspect of the permit from Adena is the September 7, 2023 expiration date. Like Maddox, Adena overrode the standard one-year expiration of the permit, opting to put a specific end date on the work. Of course, an end date for a permit does not represent a reopening date. An end date of a permit only represents when the scope of work described in the permit needs to be completed.

Random comment on a friday morning - aren't these disney corkscicle items just too pretty!! I wish I needed one.

View attachment 742014
They are nice. But DH says we're starting to run out of room for novelty mugs (most are Disney mugs) in the two shelves we've dedicated for them. I say there's plenty of room once we get rid of all our glass drinkware to make way for more Disney mugs!

I really don't think they're going to make massive changes to the show, that last announcement clarified that it is the actual HEA show coming back and not just the song. And the whole reason it's coming back is it scores so high on guest satisfaction. I would be surprised if they did much more than extend the projections down Main Street and slotted a bit of Encanto in during those little blink and you miss them projections.

World’s Most Magical Fleet to Add Fifth Plane Inspired by the Goofiest Disney Character!

It is no secret that when Goofy enters a room he shines bright like no other – and that’s just what he did earlier this month! At an event held in Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil, Azul Linhas Aéreas and Walt Disney World Resort revealed that one of Mickey Mouse’s best pals, and one of Brazil’s most beloved Disney characters, will be inspiring the fifth plane of “The World’s Most Magical Fleet.”

• Event for Azul Linhas Aéreas and Walt Disney World Resort - The World's Most Magical Fleet”
  • Event for Azul Linhas Aéreas and Walt Disney World Resort - The World's Most Magical Fleet”
The announcement of the Goofy-inspired plane was one of the many surprises that more than 400 media, travel industry professionals and other special guests experienced at the event, which also included character encounters and a dazzling performance by Brazilian singer Sandy and her husband, musician Lucas Lima.

Azul Linheas Aéreas celebrated the news by reuniting the four existing character-inspired planes together for the first time. The airline’s maintenance hangar transformed into a true “runway,” with the stars of “The World’s Most Magical Fleet.” For the first time since the project began in 2021, the planes inspired by Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck stood side by side, creating the perfect photo moment.

With the addition of the fifth plane, Azul Linheas Aéreas will have the largest Disney Character-inspired fleet flying anywhere in the world today.

• The World's Most Magical Fleet” Disney character planes
  • The World's Most Magical Fleet” Disney character planes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter