Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

When I first saw this, I really thought they were joking.

If something can/does happen to me at work or running errands on a hectic Saturday, it's a safe bet that it's NOT something magical/escapist that I want to ride at Disney.

So, dancing dwarves in a gem mine? Count me in! Singing fish in an underwater oasis? Yep. Space roller coaster? Safari? Riding a banshee in Pandora? Downhill Everest? Singing/dancing lions? Star Wars characters? Toys coming alive? All YES!

Food coops and restaurant startups? Hard pass.

Right? Maybe if they had gone with something like Mama Odie telling the legend that deep in the bayou grows a special flower, the seeds of which can be ground into the most flavorful spice ever dreamt of.... You know, punch it up some, make it interesting, mysterious, and exciting - you know, Magical!

I'm not saying that it won't actually be like that, but that description didn't make it sound that way.

Last edited:

Right? Maybe if they had gone with something like Mama Odie telling the legend that deep in the bayou grows a special flower, the seeds of which can be ground into the most flavorful spice ever dreamt of.... You know, punch it up some, make it interesting, mysterious, and exciting - you know, Magical!

I'm not saying that it won't actually be like that, but that description didn't make it sound that way.
Exactly. I'm waiting for the Health Department restaurant inspectors (animated of course, singing about "shutting down the store because the refrigerator temperature is 5 degrees too warm"). Then we can have the banker come to tell them that it's hard to finance a start up restaurant (but he/she will wear a cool hat and sing); then maybe they can have a kick line of characters singing about the high price of eggs...Grand Finale will be someone cleaning out the grease traps, washing the closing dishes, and taking out the garbage to the dumpster (I may have worked in food service...).

MAGICAL.

NEW: Disney is reportedly exploring the sale of more films and television series to its rivals in an effort to earn more cash from its library of content, according to Bloomberg @business and @Lucas_Shaw
It would be a shift in strategy from the past few years that saw Disney keeping most of its original programming on Disney+ and Hulu. That decision resulted in Disney losing out on billions in video sales and licensing deals with networks, according to @business.
Iger is expected to reveal more about his plans for the company during the earnings call, including a reorganization of the company's structure.

The article mentions Iger already reversed some Chapek decisions including "more lower-price tickets" at theme parks.

Scott Gustin Twitter

Also including a link to the Bloomberg article, it is behind a paywall though: Disney Explores the Sale of More Films and TV Series to Rivals
This defeats the purpose of Disney's Fox acquisition. They wanted it so they could have most of Hulu and use Fox's production units to churn out content for Disney+ and Hulu.

That's why I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. Theming and vibe of a park hasn't mattered in a long time. Epcot is a perfect example.
That was when Bob Chapek was head of the Parks division, and when he was CEO of Disney. Josh D'Amaro is now head of said division, and Bob Iger has returned as CEO of the company. Things may have changed.

Often when beloved rides are closing or getting a retheming, there's a lot of negativity around it. People will rain on the parade every step of the way because they're salty about the change. That's just how it goes.

For folks who haven't already decided they don't like the rethemed ride, I say hold judgement and just wait and see how you like it when you ride for the first time.
I truly believe the D23 model was changed from the original concept art since Imagineers had to craft a story that fit the ride space and show scenes rather than trying to make the movie fit into the old ride. I also imagine some elements will be taken from the new Tiana series heading to Disney+.

Good Morning!

741019f93793c1680ee6704bfd6f131b.jpg

I truly believe the D23 model was changed from the original concept art since Imagineers had to craft a story that fit the ride space and show scenes rather than trying to make the movie fit into the old ride. I also imagine some elements will be taken from the new Tiana series heading to Disney+.
We'll see soon enough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter