Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

They need to redo it ot Jurassic World like they did the one in Hollywood. They added some cool effects!
I like the Jurassic Park theme better but I wouldn't mind that retheme. The ride at IoA now looks tired and the dinosaurs are falling apart.

They need to redo it ot Jurassic World like they did the one in Hollywood. They added some cool effects!

Yeah they have another movie coming... and likly even if they later reboot things at some future point, folks will always want a Jurassic ride. Disney dumping Dinosaur is because that movie wasn't all that great, most today don't even know it exists... so there is no IP connection. But it is a shame to lose all things dinosaur from AK...

I saw them in September 2021, so it must've stopped shortly after that. I doubt they'll ever be fixed. Was nice while it lasted; the effect was super cool.
Those cannons were so cool. They've been not working for some time. Sept 2021 sounds about right, I was there that month too.

On our June trip, Kylo coming down the corridor was blocked off but later that week was working. The one that was down in Sept both days at DHS was Kylo on the bridge, he was sort of just standing there talking with his back to us lol.

I like the Jurassic Park theme better but I wouldn't mind that retheme. The ride at IoA now looks tired and the dinosaurs are falling apart.

They could use some of the retheme elements but still use the Jurassic Park branding. The part with the digital water tanks though where they crack and water sprays out is really cool.

I saw them in September 2021, so it must've stopped shortly after that. I doubt they'll ever be fixed. Was nice while it lasted; the effect was super cool.
They stopped way before that. The first one used to move every now and then, but that hasn’t happened for a long while either. You must have been incredibly lucky. I’ve ridden rise at least 30 times (& probably more), and I’ve seen the cannons move exactly three times, back when it first opened in the days of the anxiety-induced in-park VQ and maybe once for the 7am, find the best internet on property VQ. The sounds of the cannons just makes me salty. We don’t ride it anymore because we are inevitably disappointed. Next time you ride it and see the cannons, buy a lottery ticket.

They stopped way before that. The first one used to move every now and then, but that hasn’t happened for a long while either. You must have been incredibly lucky. I’ve ridden rise at least 30 times (& probably more), and I’ve seen the cannons move exactly three times, back when it first opened in the days of the anxiety-induced in-park VQ and maybe once for the 7am, find the best internet on property VQ. Next time you ride it and see the cannons, buy a lottery ticket.
I do remember standing outside WL to get better cell reception to get that Rise virtual queue back when I last saw the cannons so LOL

Disney Ultimate Toy Drive Delivers Joy to Kids in Need This Holiday Season

Today, The Walt Disney Company launched its annual Disney Ultimate Toy Drive supporting the Marine Toys for Tots program to help deliver toys to children in need this holiday season.

The campaign kicked off on ABC News’ Good Morning America, where special guest Taylor Price—a 29-year-old mother and foster parent—shared her remarkable story of becoming a coordinator for Toys for Tots in Texas after experiencing homelessness as a child and receiving toys from Toys for Tots, showing first-hand the impact of this remarkable organization. Now with children of her own, Price is looking forward to making a difference in the lives of children suffering from difficult circumstances who would never experience the magic of Christmas without the work of Toys for Tots and Disney. To thank Price for her dedication and hard work, Disney Ultimate Toy Drive helped Price kick off her local campaign with a donation of shopDisney toys and surprised her on-air with tickets to see Aladdin on Broadway with her family.
Disney’s relationship with Toys for Tots dates back to 1947, when Walt Disney and his team of animators designed the Toys for Tots logo that is still used today. Since then, The Walt Disney Company has continued to strengthen this relationship, engaging volunteers and providing charitable support to help Toys for Tots deliver toys to children in need nationwide. Since its founding, Toys for Tots Marines and volunteers have distributed 652 million toys to over 291 million children. Last year the organization set a record of distributing more than 24 million toys to nearly 10 million children, thanks in part to the collaboration with the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive.

“For over 75 years, Disney has been proud to work with Toys for Tots to help deliver joy to children in need,” said Lisa Haines, senior vice president, Corporate Social Responsibility, The Walt Disney Company. “From VoluntEARS opportunities to integrations into shows across our networks, our employees and cast members in every part of the company love supporting Toys for Tots and giving back at this special time of year in ways that only Disney can.”

Said Lieutenant General Laster, President & CEO of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, “It’s amazing how this relationship started with a logo and has now transformed into an annual nationwide campaign supporting children in need. Toys for Tots is grateful to have the continued support of Disney to help bring their stories to children for the holidays and deliver joy during this season of giving.”

1920_DPI0078-614x409.jpg

Fans and families can participate in the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive by donating a toy online at shopDisney.com now through December 24, 2023, or by donating a new, unwrapped toy in person at a U.S. Disney store location, Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort, or in select locations at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort*, now through December 15, 2023.

Throughout the holiday season, Disney will air a Public Service Announcement on its television networks and streaming platforms—such as ABC, ABC Owned Stations, Disney+, Freeform, FX, Hulu, and National Geographic—in support of Toys for Tots.

Toy collections will take place at in-person film screenings and activations, including events for Disney Branded Television’s upcoming release of The Naughty Nine (premiering Wednesday, November 22, on Disney Channel and streaming next day on Disney+), events surrounding Season 2 of the Disney+ Original series The Santa Clauses(premiering Wednesday, November 8), and Season 2 of Marvel Studios’ What If…?(premiering this December on Disney+). Shows across the Disney networks—including ESPN’s GetUp!, as well as ABC and ABC News’ Good Morning America, Tamron Hall, The View, and Wheel of Fortune—will feature Disney Ultimate Toy Drive and Toys for Tots stories to highlight the season of giving and the importance of supporting communities in need. Toy collections will also be hosted by the ABC Owned Television Stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston, San Francisco, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno.

1920_20221210_164043-614x461.jpg

Disney Theatrical Group will encourage audience members to support the initiative at select shows by featuring the Disney Ultimate Toy Drive in Playbills. Additionally, Disney Junior will host a special event for local Military families in Los Angeles featuring screenings of new Disney Junior holiday episodes, including the SuperKitties: Merry Mousemas 22-minute special and the Mickey’s Christmas Tales stop-motion shorts, alongside holiday-themed crafts, activities, and a special Disney Junior toy donation from Just Play to Toys for Tots.

Additional donation opportunities and activations will be shared throughout the campaign.

Walt Disney World is cracking down on third-party tour guides due to a rise in "unauthorized commercial activity" and rule abuses, including an uptick in abuse of the Disability Access Service program, according to @thisisinsider.

One third-party tour guide said several companies are "widely known" for abusing Disney's rules. "For instance, these companies might tell guides to tell guest services they have Irritable Bowel Syndrome to get a disability pass for themselves."

Scott Gustin

Insider article : Disney Cracking Down on Third-Party Tour Guides

You need to scroll down. Your screenshot ends at Happily Ever After at 8PM. Mickey's Parade listed after that even though it happens earlier in the day.
There is nothing below. See my additional shot.

Attachments

• IMG_5854.png
    IMG_5854.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 29
Beginner’s Guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom Park

It’s the most wonderful time of the year at The Most Magical Place on Earth, and one of my favorite holiday traditions is attending Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. This is a separately ticketed seasonal celebration on select nights from Nov. 9 to Dec. 22 at Magic Kingdom Park with festive fun for the whole family to enjoy! Let’s unwrap some of the magical offerings you can experience at this year’s event:

Very Merry Entertainment

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg

The entertainment offerings at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are sure to make your spirits bright – from festive fireworks over Cinderella Castle to holiday dance parties with your favorite characters, and even a yuletide castle show. And did you know you can experience “snow” on Main Street, U.S.A.? Grab a spot for Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade and watch Magic Kingdom transform into a winter wonderland with a festive processional and Florida flurries.

Characters in their Holiday Best

IMG_2753.jpeg

As a party guest, you’ll have a chance to pose for holiday card photos with festive characters like Jack Skellington and Sally and Scrooge McDuck. You’ll also catch some of your favorite Disney characters dressed in their holiday best! Before your magical evening comes to an end, head to Liberty Square to commemorate the holiday season with a photo with Santa. Looking to add a touch of magic to this classic holiday tradition? Snap a pic with Santa Goofy over in Storybook Circus.

Santa-Approved Snacks

Cookies and a warm cup of cocoa are staples of the holiday season. As a party guest, you can enjoy these sweet treats all night long at no additional charge. You’ll find unique cookie flavors at each of the designated treat locations throughout Magic Kingdom Park, and allergy-friendly options are available upon request.

Holiday-Inspired Food and Beverage Offerings

Santa’s helpers have been hard at work creating holiday-inspired food and beverage offerings for this event. If you’re looking to indulge in sugar and spice and everything nice, check out the Disney Eats Foodie Guide for a full lineup of party-exclusive treats, like Letters to Santa at Main Street Bakery and Peppermint Snowman at The Friar’s Nook.

Holiday-Themed Attractions

IMG_2756.jpeg

During this limited-capacity event, you’ll have the chance to enjoy some of your favorite Magic Kingdom attractions, often with lower wait times. But did you know some attractions receive a holiday overlay that you can only experience as a party guest? Enjoy a festive twist on a classic attraction at Space Mountain – Holiday Run!! or attend a special holiday edition of your favorite comedy show at Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

Meanwhile in France:
"On the occasion of a public meeting concerning the new local intercommunal urban planning plan (PLUI) of Val d'Europe, the Design Office in charge of the design of this PLUI confirmed that the Park 3 project is on the table for DLP."
"This obviously does not mean that this third park will open next year, however it corroborates information from various sources mentioning an investment of several billions (a priori around 14/15) of dollars at Disneyland Paris over the next 10 years."
Twitter
In case you're wondering, in 2020, Disney's deadline to create a third theme park was extended from 2026 to 2036. If they don't build a third park by then, they lose the rights to the land reserved for the third park.
Deadline Extended to 2036 for Disneyland Paris Third Theme Park

Meanwhile in France:
"On the occasion of a public meeting concerning the new local intercommunal urban planning plan (PLUI) of Val d'Europe, the Design Office in charge of the design of this PLUI confirmed that the Park 3 project is on the table for DLP."
"This obviously does not mean that this third park will open next year, however it corroborates information from various sources mentioning an investment of several billions (a priori around 14/15) of dollars at Disneyland Paris over the next 10 years."
Twitter
In case you're wondering, in 2020, Disney's deadline to create a third theme park was extended from 2026 to 2036. If they don't build a third park by then, they lose the rights to the land reserved for the third park.
Several billion dollars you say?

Meanwhile in France:
Twitter
I'd be excited to see a third gate at DLP, hopefully something unique! Or if they bring in more of the rides and lands that are only in Asia, I'd be super happy as Paris is a lot closer and easier to get to, lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter