Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2023 Edition

Scott Gustin Twitter
During the "What's Next" segment, they showed previously released Tiana's Bayou Adventure concept art and also showed concept art of the "possible Tropical Americas-themed land at Animal Kingdom" featuring "a familiar Encanto-like house."

See the link for the clip which features Lin Manuel Miranda. It feels more likely that Encanto is set in stone for "the "possible Tropical Americas-themed land"

It feels more likely that Encanto is set in stone for "the "possible Tropical Americas-themed land"

We had a coin on the farm to flip for answers like this. Either way its 5 years away at this point. But it would be great to hear.

1000014705.jpg

1000014704.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any sort of comprehensive list of unused real estate in parks? For as much as they want to develop new stuff, I'm surprised they haven't filled spots like the stitch attraction in tomorrowland, Mermaid spot in HS. A couple of building in the "future world" section of epcot, and of course dinoland. Of course dinoland seems like it's coming. Seems like a like of prime real estate to keep unused for the general public.

Also, did any real reason emerge for them cancelling the theatre behind Main street, on the back alley cut through? I'd think a good stage show would be perfect for the magic kingdom.

Scott Gustin Twitter
During the "What's Next" segment, they showed previously released Tiana's Bayou Adventure concept art and also showed concept art of the "possible Tropical Americas-themed land at Animal Kingdom" featuring "a familiar Encanto-like house."

See the link for the clip which features Lin Manuel Miranda. It feels more likely that Encanto is set in stone for "the "possible Tropical Americas-themed land"
So in other words they have no idea what to do with Animal Kingdom. Got it.

I feel like they are so close to saying it is confirmed with the Lin Manuel interview without actually confirming anything. Disney just need to commit at this point.

I think what kinda rubs me the wrong way is that they are putting what basically amounts to south american culture on the Animal focused park. It's ...weird. There are so many other animal based properties to choose from or even going the fantastical animals way finally.

I love the idea of an Encanto based /inspired area but Animal Kingdom is a strange choice for it....

I think what kinda rubs me the wrong way is that they are putting what basically amounts to south american culture on the Animal focused park. It's ...weird. There are so many other animal based properties to choose from or even going the fantastical animals way finally.

I love the idea of an Encanto based /inspired area but Animal Kingdom is a strange choice for it....
I think a South America section could be really cool with the animal exhibits and experiences they could do but to base it off of Encanto, a movie where the animals aren't the focus of the story is odd.

This is what, the third or fourth blue sky idea they've proposed for Animal Kingdom? It feels like they're throwing out ideas to see what sticks with people.

I think it's better than a Moana land that was originally blue skyed. Tropical Americas sounds like a way of providing new animal exhibits to the park, and it will be Disney's first non-IP based land expansion since New Fantasyland??

I think it's better than a Moana land that was originally blue skyed. Tropical Americas sounds like a way of providing new animal exhibits to the park, and it will be Disney's first non-IP based land expansion since New Fantasyland??
Tropical Americas is a great idea. Vaguely animal related Encanto land is not, not for AK imo.

I think what kinda rubs me the wrong way is that they are putting what basically amounts to south american culture on the Animal focused park. It's ...weird.
I agree it seems a little odd, but no weirder than a mythical culture/land like Pandora. There has always been an Africa and Asia area. I see South America as just adding another continent.

j

I mean, Antonio's Room is the obvious choice here.
I know why the connection is being made, I'm just sayin that imo the connection is very vague and it's not an Animal related IP. Like making a Native American section simply because Spirit is a horse.

I agree it seems a little odd, but no weirder than a mythical culture/land like Pandora. There has always been an Africa and Asia area. I see South America as just adding another continent.

j
And I said the exact same thing when Pandora was announced, I am still of the opinion that it fits better at HS.

certainly the spin of it will make a huge difference. Avatar with it's land conservation message works well.
I don't necessarily want to see dinosaur content removed, but the chester and hester stuff I'll be glad to see go away.

South and central america can work well for animals. Encanto and Indy can fit in there as easily as disco yeti fits into the asian part of the park.
It just needs to be contained attractions in the land.
At this point, I'll be happy with anything in that area that doesn't come off as a punt like the chester and hester area did. Simply wiping chester and hester out and doing something decent in a dinosaur theme could be more cost effective than redoing the entire area including dinosaur to the indy version.

WDW needs some sort of dinosaur animatronic dark ride, even just a people eating boat ride.

Good-to-Go Days, Other Ways Walt Disney World Visits Get Easier, More Fun in 2024

2024 is looking bright at Walt Disney World Resort! Throughout the year we’ve been sharing updates that will make planning your vacation simpler, and I’m here to ring in the new year by sharing what I’m most looking forward to and a few tips that will help you make the most out of your visit.

Good-To-Go Days Calendar Coming Jan. 11

In 2024, resolve to be more spontaneous with “good-to-go” days for Annual Passholders! As Passholders prepare for their visits next year, we wanted to share more about how good-to-go days will work:

• On good-to-go days, Annual Passholders may enter the theme parks without needing a reservation (blockout dates will continue to apply like they do today).
  • The theme park reservation calendar, Annual Passholder admissions calendar and My Disney Experience app will show days that are good-to-go. The first good-to-go days will be added to the calendars starting Jan. 11, 2024.
  • Good-to-go days will be added periodically and may be released days or weeks in advance.
With the return of all-day Park Hopper access, Passholders can enter another Walt Disney World theme park any time during park hours.* Annual Passholders may also continue to visit without a park reservation after 2 p.m. unless visiting Magic Kingdom Park on a Saturday or Sunday (blockout dates continue to apply).

I think they can make a ride in which you enter casita but it's just a setting for a ride based on Antonio's room - thus South American animals. In that way it's not to say South American culture is animals, they're just highlighting the animals of South America in the land generally and through rides like this and Indy. It's all about how it's framed imo.

In other words, I think it's not that the land will be Encanto themed, rather that Encanto happens to take place in this zone so they can highlight the flora and fauna through that IP in one part of that land (and we know IP sells as much as we die-hard fans would want to see more original, park-specific storytelling).

Does not take take away from me wanting to see Encanto elsewhere. It's one of my favorite movies and I'd love to see something like a Colombian pavilion at Epcot with an Encanto ride or show, etc. So I'm not opposed to this IP being in Animal Kingdom if it's framed well, I just worry that that would be all we would get.

NEW: Starting Jan. 9 at Walt Disney World, guests with valid standard (date-based) tickets that don't need a park reservation will be able to join a virtual queue at any theme park. You won't need to be in the park at 7am - but you will need to be in the park to join at 1pm.

IMG_3348.png

Scott Gustin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter