Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

Gideon's Bakehouse Announces New Limited-Time Treats

The Maple Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie will be the limited-edition flavor for January 2024. The cookie is Gideon’s classic chocolate chip cookie mixed with “the highest quality Maple Syrup.” It’s got housemade candied walnuts mixed in and is sprinkled with “a generous serving of our own Cinnamon Nutmeg Sugar.”

2024-gideons-bakehouse-wdw-ds-disney-springs-maple-walnut-chocolate-chip-cookie-656x600.png

©Gideon’s
You can get the new cookie at both the Disney Springs and East End Market locations (though note that the location at East End is closed today, January 1st, for the holiday). There’s a limit of two of these cookies per customer.

2024-gideons-bakehouse-wdw-ds-disney-springs-maple-walnut-chocolate-chip-cookie-january-533x600.png

©Gideon’s
But wait — we promised TWO new treats, right? Gideon’s also has the new Maple Caramel Chocolate Cake this month! This cake is made with three layers of chocolate cake, covered in heaps of maple cream cheese buttercream with ribbons of housemade caramel, chocolate chips, and walnut chunks.

2024-gideons-bakehouse-wdw-ds-disney-springs-maple-caramel-chocolate-cake-436x600.png

©Gideon’s
It’s only available on Wednesdays and Saturdays in January, so make sure to plan your trip accordingly!

⁣⁣⁣⁣The cookie and cake are new flavors, but an old favorite is returning in January as well: the French Toast Nitro Cold Brew. This is ONLY at the Gideon’s location at Disney Springs, and it’s just back for the month of January.

2022-wdw-disney-springs-gideons-bakehouse-september-offerings-French-Toast-Nitro-Cold-Brew-5-700x525.jpg

French Toast Cold Brew

Disney World Celebrating This is Magic in 2024
During Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest on ABC, the Walt Disney World Resort debuted an exciting new ad campaign titled “This Is Magic.”

In honor of New Year’s Eve, the Walt Disney World Resort introduced the “This Is Magic” ad campaign, a commercial dedicated to capturing the enchanting moments brought to life by guests exploring the four theme parks and resort hotels.

For the park hoping does anyone know if that is all day for passholders too? I know we still need reservations, but can we all day park hop?
I’ve heard both that YES once you tap into a reserved park you can hop prior to 2pm and NO hopping is restricted until after 2pm unless it’s a good to go day

The park reservation thing never really bothered me, but the having to wait until 2pm to park hop really stunk. I don't know how many times I wanted to make a lunch reservation at a different park and couldn't because it was before 2pm. I will be so happy when this is gone.
Yeah I’ll take reservations as long as I can hop when I want.

I read on WDWMagic that one of the forum members there spoke with someone who had firsthand knowledge of the Disney parks, and they had these to say:

"The Indiana Jones project in AK is still in development, but it is A) not the Disneyland version cloned and B) not using the Dinosaur animatronics. They are developing something completely original for Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom."

"There is a proposal that is close to getting funding for "Beyond Big Thunder" and it's...not any of the three previously discussed ideas. They would not tell me over pain of death what the IP it's centered on is, but in their opinion, it doesn't fit and is one of the worst possible things they could be adding to Magic Kingdom. And it definitely is NOT Villains' Land."

Also, former Disney Imagineer Jim Shull over on X is expecting City of Zootopia to come to Magic Kingdom.

I brought these up, because I thought they were interesting. From my understanding of what that person said about IJ in AK, I think it will not be a replacement for DINOSAUR (and maybe will be intended for the park's Asia land, placed in the area above Kali River Rapids and below Rafiki's Planet Watch).

D23 releases new gold member collector set

Fans of the fascinating and purveyors of the profound—prepare to be amazed! D23 is delighted to bring you a mystery box filled to the brim with the most mesmerizing magic, available to all new and renewing D23 Gold Members in 2024!

The Magic & Mystery Box Collector Set contains a Sorcerer Mickey figurine, one mystery figurine, two mystery pins, and a deck of playing cards, as well as a Membership Card and Certificate.
1704143393780.png

I read on WDWMagic that one of the forum members there spoke with someone who had firsthand knowledge of the Disney parks, and they had these to say:

"The Indiana Jones project in AK is still in development, but it is A) not the Disneyland version cloned and B) not using the Dinosaur animatronics. They are developing something completely original for Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom."

"There is a proposal that is close to getting funding for "Beyond Big Thunder" and it's...not any of the three previously discussed ideas. They would not tell me over pain of death what the IP it's centered on is, but in their opinion, it doesn't fit and is one of the worst possible things they could be adding to Magic Kingdom. And it definitely is NOT Villains' Land."

Also, former Disney Imagineer Jim Shull over on X is expecting City of Zootopia to come to Magic Kingdom.

I brought these up, because I thought they were interesting. From my understanding of what that person said about IJ in AK, I think it will not be a replacement for DINOSAUR (and maybe will be intended for the park's Asia land, placed in the area above Kali River Rapids and below Rafiki's Planet Watch).
I just don't think increasing the footprint of MK to handle more capacity is a good idea until they find a way to create more desirable viewing spaces for the fireworks at night. It's already a wall crush of people and adding the scenes to main street doesn't help when the images only start halfway into the show. Last time we ended up paying for the dessert party we didn't want since the wheelchair 'zone' is always a mess and not really useful like during the parade. Maybe they could add projections to the back?

Gideon's Bakehouse Announces New Limited-Time Treats

The Maple Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie will be the limited-edition flavor for January 2024. The cookie is Gideon’s classic chocolate chip cookie mixed with “the highest quality Maple Syrup.” It’s got housemade candied walnuts mixed in and is sprinkled with “a generous serving of our own Cinnamon Nutmeg Sugar.”

2024-gideons-bakehouse-wdw-ds-disney-springs-maple-walnut-chocolate-chip-cookie-656x600.png

©Gideon’s
You can get the new cookie at both the Disney Springs and East End Market locations (though note that the location at East End is closed today, January 1st, for the holiday). There’s a limit of two of these cookies per customer.

2024-gideons-bakehouse-wdw-ds-disney-springs-maple-walnut-chocolate-chip-cookie-january-533x600.png

©Gideon’s
But wait — we promised TWO new treats, right? Gideon’s also has the new Maple Caramel Chocolate Cake this month! This cake is made with three layers of chocolate cake, covered in heaps of maple cream cheese buttercream with ribbons of housemade caramel, chocolate chips, and walnut chunks.

2024-gideons-bakehouse-wdw-ds-disney-springs-maple-caramel-chocolate-cake-436x600.png

©Gideon’s
It’s only available on Wednesdays and Saturdays in January, so make sure to plan your trip accordingly!

⁣⁣⁣⁣The cookie and cake are new flavors, but an old favorite is returning in January as well: the French Toast Nitro Cold Brew. This is ONLY at the Gideon’s location at Disney Springs, and it’s just back for the month of January.

2022-wdw-disney-springs-gideons-bakehouse-september-offerings-French-Toast-Nitro-Cold-Brew-5-700x525.jpg

French Toast Cold Brew
Now I want some cake!!!!

Brooke Geiger McDonald
@BrookeGMcDonald
·
13m

We always do NYE at WDW or DLR but avoided EPCOT the past 10 years w/ kids. Returned and had a blast last night. In total awe of the organization — and all the extra entertainment.
👏
to the CMs who managed seamless traffic flow and made it an epic night. We’ll be back next year!

Oie6XtToACv2w0IM.jpg

BrQ1AFM2pK_OdmYS.jpg

L2AHN2esPnUxlu5P.jpg

Copy video address

Epcot was very well organized. MK was too on the 30th. However, MK after the Xmas fireworks on the 26th was a Royal mess. We were heading from Tomorrowland toward the hub more than an hour before they started. They made us exit Tomorrowland behind Buzz and go to beginning of Main Street. We managed to weasel up to a spot in front of the Tomorrowland Terrace bathrooms. Then we were heading to Jingle Cruise. We had to exit out the backstage area near Plaza. Then we had to head against all the leaving traffic from the Hub. They hadn’t made a path for people to get back into the park, even though it was open for another 3 hours. It was the most disorganized I have seen at any Disney park.

I’ve heard both that YES once you tap into a reserved park you can hop prior to 2pm and NO hopping is restricted until after 2pm unless it’s a good to go day
Lovely, so we just don’t know yet. I hope it’s the first, as my whole family doesn’t have APs and while I can deal with the reservations I really hope I don’t need to hold back hoping times for them due to my AP

Lovely, so we just don’t know yet. I hope it’s the first, as my whole family doesn’t have APs and while I can deal with the reservations I really hope I don’t need to hold back hoping times for them due to my AP
I am pretty sure it's one of 3 scenarios:

1) It's a good to go day - no park pass needed and you can park hop anytime just like regular tickets
2) you need a park pass to have no restrictions on times for park hopping
3) You can go to any park after 2pm with no park pass like you can do today except for MK on weekends

I wonder why they still want APs to make park reservations at all. I feel like they were more valuable to the powers that be when it was a way to track and control all ticket types.

I wonder why they still want APs to make park reservations at all. I feel like they were more valuable to the powers that be when it was a way to track and control all ticket types.
I'd settle for a compromise where APs with resort reservations didn't have to make park reservations. Those should be easy enough to track similar to regular ticketed guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter