Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I am pretty sure it's one of 3 scenarios:

1) It's a good to go day - no park pass needed and you can park hop anytime just like regular tickets
2) you need a park pass to have no restrictions on times for park hopping
3) You can go to any park after 2pm with no park pass like you can do today except for MK on weekends
Ok I can live with all of this!

I don’t mind reservations, but hope when on site I’m still allowed more then 5….

I don’t mind reservations, but hope when on site I’m still allowed more then 5….
oh we def can book more than 5 with an onsite stay. That is how it is now so I can't imagine them changing that!

Not gonna lie and I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'll be happy when Soarin over California is gone. I saw it for the first time in October and rode twice just to make sure but I wasn't a fan. Soarin Around the World feels so much more relaxing and peaceful. Those fighter jets in the California version are so harsh and jarring.
Ugh not at all in my family!! We all agree world over California.

We all agree the transitions are so much better in world, and until I saw California again I didn’t realize. I do think California has better smells….

It'll be interesting to see the details, but it sounds like past offers of "free" dining, but now with the requirement that you buy/have a Disney+ subscription too.
Looks like it's minimum of 4 nights with park hoppers. Very similar to previous years, but with the added Disney+

Not gonna lie and I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'll be happy when Soarin over California is gone. I saw it for the first time in October and rode twice just to make sure but I wasn't a fan. Soarin Around the World feels so much more relaxing and peaceful. Those fighter jets in the California version are so harsh and jarring.
Same. The transitions in Soarin over California are horrid. And there was still plenty of distorted scenes from the rounded screen so I really don’t get the argument that it’s better because around the world is distorted on the edges.

Same. The transitions in Soarin over California are horrid. And there was still plenty of distorted scenes from the rounded screen so I really don’t get the argument that it’s better because around the world is distorted on the edges.

I like both Cali and World - they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I do think World is a bit more affected by the distortion, especially the Eiffel Tower scene - but it can be noticed in the original too. I do liek the scents better in the original. I like how World has specific endings for each park.

I think a lot of the love for Soarin' over California is nostalgia (myself included). But I like both versions and I think Around the World fits better at EPCOT.

What I don't understand is not having Soarin' over California at DCA! I'd be pretty happy with that

It'll be interesting to see the details, but it sounds like past offers of "free" dining, but now with the requirement that you buy/have a Disney+ subscription too.
I am in the process of booking a trip for this summer and was excited to see this until I realized that because we're staying at a Moderate, it would be the quick service plan rather than the full one, Think we're going to try and get the resort discount instead when it comes out tomorrow.

Re Soarin': I've always thought that the original has better pacing. World is "Here's an awesome thing! Here's another awesome thing! And another awesome thing!" In contrast, the original has more variety in scope and scale form scene to scene--some are quite peaceful while others are more majestic.

I am in the process of booking a trip for this summer and was excited to see this until I realized that because we're staying at a Moderate, it would be the quick service plan rather than the full one, Think we're going to try and get the resort discount instead when it comes out tomorrow.
I think resort discounts are usually the way to go anyway, unless one has a family with a big appetite.

Re Soarin': I've always thought that the original has better pacing. World is "Here's an awesome thing! Here's another awesome thing! And another awesome thing!" In contrast, the original has more variety in scope and scale form scene to scene--some are quite peaceful while others are more majestic.
Agreed. Products of different times, perhaps.

You assume there will also be a "resort discount" offered tomorrow. You may be right, but that hasn't been announced yet. I would put the odds of it happening tomorrow at less than 50-50. Of course, they could come out with one later.

EDIT: I retract my prior statement. I have now seen a blogpost saying there will be a room discount offer. The first few blogposts I saw didn't mention that.

Last edited:

The 3-5 reservations at a time for passholders is actually 3-5 reservations + length of stay at resorts … back in the early days of reservations I had 3-4 day blocks for multiple RunDisney weekends plus 2 or 3 non resort tied days

I just wish there was a way for room only reservations to get access to dining plan options because as a passholder by the time I shell out the money for passes that will go unused I might as well pay rack rate for meals

Do what? Buy from a reseller or get a D23 Gold Membership? I renew my membership every year anyway using Disney Movie Insider points.
I've bought the membership from Movie insiders before but I'm not seeing it right now, is it there? The website is always weird for me, the pictures on the rewards never loads. I'm debating the 1/2 off deal for D+ subscribers making the membership $50.

The 3-5 reservations at a time for passholders is actually 3-5 reservations + length of stay at resorts … back in the early days of reservations I had 3-4 day blocks for multiple RunDisney weekends plus 2 or 3 non resort tied days

I just wish there was a way for room only reservations to get access to dining plan options because as a passholder by the time I shell out the money for passes that will go unused I might as well pay rack rate for meals
According to a CM that posted in June, APs can get the DDP: https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-ap-with-room-only-discount-book-dining-plan.3920989/

I travel solo a lot and so I can't justify the immense cost. I do a lot of QS and snacks and do not spend more than what the DDP gives. It's also too much food for me. Ha.

I've bought the membership from Movie insiders before but I'm not seeing it right now, is it there? The website is always weird for me, the pictures on the rewards never loads. I'm debating the 1/2 off deal for D+ subscribers making the membership $50.
The last code redemption for a Duo membership ended the 31st of December and there isn't a new one up yet. But I expect it will be there later this month or next month, it comes and goes. I hope the single Gold member redemption will come back as that's less expensive. My membership ends in October but I usually get a code from DMI earlier in the year and just wait to apply it in October when the previous ends.

But if you're saving points for one of those VIP tours of the studio then the D+ deal isn't bad!

According to a CM that posted in June, APs can get the DDP: https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-ap-with-room-only-discount-book-dining-plan.3920989/

I travel solo a lot and so I can't justify the immense cost. I do a lot of QS and snacks and do not spend more than what the DDP gives. It's also too much food for me. Ha.
I had initially read that too when things were announced yet In Aug when I booked a room for April adding DDP was greyed out once I didn’t add tickets to my room

I had initially read that too when things were announced yet In Aug when I booked a room for April adding DDP was greyed out once I didn’t add tickets to my room
Sounds like the time to sit on the dreaded hold for a long to be told no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter