Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

New DVC Club Lounge Coming to WDW
In a thrilling development for Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members, a brand-new Member Lounge is set to make its debut at Walt Disney World. The announcement, made on January 2, 2024, has sparked anticipation, and construction is slated to commence later this year.

While specific details remain under wraps, the promise of a dedicated space for members to relax and recharge during their day of fun is enough to pique the interest of Disney enthusiasts.

New Cabins at Fort Wilderness Will Be First Pet-Friendly DVC Resort

Recent filings with the Orange County Comptroller by Disney Vacation Club (DVC) shed light on the upcoming reimagining of the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and introduce the Palmetto Trust Association, Inc.

The documentation primarily focuses on standard timeshare rules and disclosures, with a significant inclusion being the “Bylaws of Palmetto Trust Association, Inc.” This 17-page document, registered by Disney Vacation Development in August 2023, opens the possibility for prospective buyers to participate in a multi-resort Trust instead of opting for deed ownership tied to a single resort.

Scheduled to reopen in 2024 as new Disney Vacation Club accommodations, the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground are undergoing a transformation. Originally recognized for being dog-friendly, this feature will persist, making the Cabins the first pet-friendly Disney Vacation Club resort.

Guidelines for pet dog accommodations include allowing up to two dogs per cabin with no weight limit. These dogs must be fully trained, refrain from being on resort furniture, and be accompanied, either on a leash or in a carrier, when outside the cabin. While dogs cannot enter certain areas like food and beverage locations, lounges, pools, and recreation areas, they can’t be left unattended for more than seven hours. Guests are required to coordinate room cleaning times with housekeeping when their dogs are not present, and door hangers must be displayed to indicate the presence of dogs.

To accommodate these furry guests, there is a dog fee of $30 per night for owners and $50 per night for lessees, guests, invitees, licensees, and exchangers. However, DVC emphasizes its right to evict disruptive dogs, adjust fees in the future, and warns members against relying on continued dog-friendly policies, as it is not guaranteed.

The ground lease for the Cabins, existing since their projected opening, concludes on January 31, 2075, providing a glimpse into the future of this unique Disney Vacation Club offering.

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Extended Closure Wil Last Several Months

CONFIRMED: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster’s Extended Closure Will Last Several MONTHS in Disney World​

By Myranda Juarez Leave a Comment

We’ve got more news to share with you about Rock n’ Rollercoaster’s upcoming closure!
2023-wdw-dhs-rock-n-rollercoaster-entrance-atmo-03-700x525.jpg

Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster
It was recently announced that the popular ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios would close for refurbishment starting on January 8th, 2024. However, when we first learned of its temporary closure we weren’t sure how long that would be. Now, we’ve got more information on how long you can expect to be without one of Disney World’s most popular roller coasters this year.
You’ll want to rethink your thrill strategy when visiting Disney’s Hollywood Studios early this year. Starting on January 8th, Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster will begin its extended closure for the year. When we initially learned of the closure, no expected time frame of how long we could see the attraction down was listed.
2023-wdw-dhs-atmo-rock-n-roller-coaster-ride-700x525.jpg

Rock ‘n Roller Coaster
Now, Disney has made an update to the ride’s page on their website letting everyone know to expect the closure to last for several months. They are anticipating a reopening sometime during the Summer of 2024.

Same. The transitions in Soarin over California are horrid. And there was still plenty of distorted scenes from the rounded screen so I really don’t get the argument that it’s better because around the world is distorted on the edges.
Perhaps my memory is fading but I don't recall Plenty of distorted scenes in the original. Also, I thought the transitions were much smoother in the original. Only the golf ball transition seemed to be abrupt.

New Cabins at Fort Wilderness Will Be First Pet-Friendly DVC Resort

Guidelines for pet dog accommodations include allowing up to two dogs per cabin with no weight limit. These dogs must be fully trained, refrain from being on resort furniture :joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:, and be accompanied, either on a leash or in a carrier, when outside the cabin. While dogs cannot enter certain areas like food and beverage locations, lounges, pools, and recreation areas, they can’t be left unattended for more than seven hours. Guests are required to coordinate room cleaning times with housekeeping when their dogs are not present, and door hangers must be displayed to indicate the presence of dogs.

To accommodate these furry guests, there is a dog fee of $30 per night for owners and $50 per night for lessees, guests, invitees, licensees, and exchangers. However, DVC emphasizes its right to evict disruptive dogs, adjust fees in the future, and warns members against relying on continued dog-friendly policies, as it is not guaranteed.
lol... i give it less time than the Galactic Starcruiser.

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:I know if I had my baby she would be in bed with me....

lol... i give it less time than the Galactic Starcruiser.

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:I know if I had my baby she would be in bed with me....
lol - agreed! The types of people who travel with their non-working pets don’t seem like the types who are going to make their dogs sleep on the floor. Heck, I would never travel with my 150+lb puppy, and even he is allowed to curl up in his chair!

lol - agreed! The types of people who travel with their non-working pets don’t seem like the types who are going to make their dogs sleep on the floor. Heck, I would never travel with my 150+lb puppy, and even he is allowed to curl up in his chair!
It's the same rules as now and my "friend" will tell you a lot of these are not enforced, including the no pets on furniture rule and no pets in the main areas. My "friend" will also tell you that the CMs love to pet dogs in both the stores at FW.

Last edited:
New DVC Club Lounge Coming to WDW
In a thrilling development for Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members, a brand-new Member Lounge is set to make its debut at Walt Disney World. The announcement, made on January 2, 2024, has sparked anticipation, and construction is slated to commence later this year.

While specific details remain under wraps, the promise of a dedicated space for members to relax and recharge during their day of fun is enough to pique the interest of Disney enthusiasts.
Hmm, wonder where this is? Tortuga Tavern is getting re-themed for more direct pirates content right?
I'm thinking the Stitch space could work, maybe also Tom Sawyer Island. They could also section off part of Tomorrowland terrace.

It's the same rules as now and my "friend" will tell you a lot of these are not enforced, including the no pets on furniture rule and no pets in the main areas. My "friend" will also tell you that the SMs love to pet dogs in both the stores at FW.
There is no way they’d know, unless there is damage. Which is what the rule is really for; so they have an easy way to ding you legally. I’d happily bring my dog if it weren’t for the 5 hour flight… she is just barely too big (24lb corgi) to be in a carrier in the cabin. The road trip we took her on to DLR was a blast - one less thing to worry about and arrange. It helps that she much prefers her own dog bed to mine though. She never has tried to sleep with us - she hops down to the foot of the bed even if we bring her up for pets the moment we stop.

AP Room Discount for Spring/Summer
As part of a slew of discounts announced today, Walt Disney World has also announced room discounts for Annual Passholders this Spring into early Summer. Here are the details:

Stay in the magic this spring and early summer—and make the most of your Annual Pass! Passholders can save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights from March 25 through July 7, 2024.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter