Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

FYI - I priced out my April trip with the general discount and the AP discount...AP discount is better. Unfortunately for us it's not going to work to stay on property in April since we may have 4 adults then 3 adults then 2 adults in the one week period...chatted with guest services and they said that would require three separate reservations. Not worth the hassle.

AP Room Discount for Spring/Summer
As part of a slew of discounts announced today, Walt Disney World has also announced room discounts for Annual Passholders this Spring into early Summer. Here are the details:

Stay in the magic this spring and early summer—and make the most of your Annual Pass! Passholders can save up to 35% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights from March 25 through July 7, 2024.
This saved me an extra $8-10/night over the Stay & Save discount

I just priced the difference between the BounceBack offer I got while there in December and the new Annual Passholder offer. The BB offer beats the AP offer by $300. Not worth it to try to convert, so will hang on to the BB.
Is that $300 per night? Or in total? For how long? For how many people?

Perhaps my memory is fading but I don't recall Plenty of distorted scenes in the original. Also, I thought the transitions were much smoother in the original. Only the golf ball transition seemed to be abrupt.
No the transitions in the original were always abrupt. I remember people complaining about it right after it opened.

And then you go on Popeye and Bluto's Bilgerat Barges over at IoA (same ride system) and the wetness level is as if you jumped into a swimming pool with your clothes on.
But the one at IoA is longer at least! But yeah, that one is pretty extreme on how wet it gets you. Fun if you're pretty prepared (wearing flip-flops and have a change of clothes available).

I had never noticed anything jarring about the transitions in either version of Soarin' but I bet I will now after all this talk about it, lol. Got me thinking about how much one's perception of an attraction is influenced by what one hears/reads others say about it.

But in this day and age, it's kind of impossible to go into a ride or show totally blind unless one is disconnected from fan communities, social media, or anywhere that Disney Park stuff is discussed (that's what my DH is like, the only thing he ever reads online are the real news, lol. So I wait until he's experienced something before I even tell him if people are liking it or not 😂).

Perhaps my memory is fading but I don't recall Plenty of distorted scenes in the original. Also, I thought the transitions were much smoother in the original. Only the golf ball transition seemed to be abrupt.
Same as my memory

But the one at IoA is longer at least! But yeah, that one is pretty extreme on how wet it gets you. Fun if you're pretty prepared (wearing flip-flops and have a change of clothes available).
I usually like to go to theme parks with my swim trunks, flip flops, and a T-shirt on, usually during the spring/summer season, so I can go on the water rides in addition to the dry ones.

I usually like to go to theme parks with my swim trunks, flip flops, and a T-shirt on, usually during the spring/summer season, so I can go on the water rides in addition to the dry ones.
I don't like heat so I prefer to go in Fall, Winter, or very early Spring. The window in which I'm comfortable seems to shrink every year. Used to mostly go in November but that has been still hot/stormy the last two years, so starting next year we'll start going in December!

Disney World Announces Ticket Discount for Canadian Guests
Starting NOW, Canadian residents can save 20% on five-day or longer Disney World theme park tickets. The deal is valid for date-based tickets between January 11th, 2024, and September 28th, 2024.

2024-My-Disney-Experience-canada-resident-ticket-deal-promotion-700x503.png

©Disney
With this deal, you can purchase a five-day base ticket for LESS than the price of a four-day non-discounted base ticket. Talk about a good deal! Don’t forget that this deal is open exclusively to Canadian residents, and the deal excludes activities and events that are separately priced. Adults will need to show proof of Canada residency at a Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket window prior to first use.

Disney announced that the following park ticket options qualify for this exclusive offer:
  • Park Hopper Option — visit more than one theme park on the same day
  • Water Park and Sports Option — visit one theme park per day, plus get a certain number of visits to a water park, golf course, or miniature golf course based on the length of your ticket
  • Park Hopper Plus Option — visit multiple theme parks on the same day, plus, get a certain number of visits to a water park, golf course, or miniature golf course based on the length of your ticket. (Basically a combination of the Park Hopper Option and the Water Park and Sports Option)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter