Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

2025 Ticket Price Increases
Tickets are now on sale for January 2025 through October 2025, and prices have been increased across the board. Notably, the longtime “cheap” base price of $109 has been increased to $119, according to the Disney World pricing calendar. This is a departure from Disney CEO Bob Iger’s complaints about aggressive pricing under former CEO Bob Chapek, and represents a significant bump in the base price to visit Walt Disney World during the “cheapest” time of year.

Across-the-board increases are somewhere in the neighborhood of $5 to $10 per ticket, per day. We’ve included screenshots of 2024 pricing vs 2025 pricing below. Keep in mind that the prices you see represented in the calendar are the cheapest prices for the most affordable theme park on any given day. They are also single-day tickets. Last year, Disney World introduced per-park dynamic pricing in addition to per-day dynamic pricing. Here’s a look at the changes:

Valet Price Increased at WDW
The price of valet at Walt Disney World has increased from $33 to $39, effective immediately. Valet service is offered at Disney Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, as well as at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.

As of publish time, there have been no changes to the Walt Disney World theme park parking prices, which were last increased back in October.

2025 Ticket Price Increases
Tickets are now on sale for January 2025 through October 2025, and prices have been increased across the board. Notably, the longtime “cheap” base price of $109 has been increased to $119, according to the Disney World pricing calendar. This is a departure from Disney CEO Bob Iger’s complaints about aggressive pricing under former CEO Bob Chapek, and represents a significant bump in the base price to visit Walt Disney World during the “cheapest” time of year.

Across-the-board increases are somewhere in the neighborhood of $5 to $10 per ticket, per day. We’ve included screenshots of 2024 pricing vs 2025 pricing below. Keep in mind that the prices you see represented in the calendar are the cheapest prices for the most affordable theme park on any given day. They are also single-day tickets. Last year, Disney World introduced per-park dynamic pricing in addition to per-day dynamic pricing. Here’s a look at the changes:

Just like clockwork. Release info about a new "perk" and then immediately follow it up with news about price increases.

it's a weird choice to have it JUST on check in day...how many folks are heading to water parks on arrival day?
The water parks tend to be pretty quiet in the later afternoon. This is a good way to take advantage of an under-utilized resource and help some guests get a good start to their vacation.

Recognize the positive.
You must be new here. That's not allowed on DISboards.

------
Honestly, it must be exhausting to spend all your time on a fan board complaining about the thing you are ostensibly a fan of, but everyone needs a hobby I guess.

The water parks tend to be pretty quiet in the later afternoon. This is a good way to take advantage of an under-utilized resource and help some guests get a good start to their vacation.
I'm wondering if this is an attempt to drive foot traffic to them now since most people tend to clear out like at AK. It could help them justify keeping both parks open.

TWDC really doesn't have a lot of choice regarding ticket prices. The company is overly reliant on parks and experiences division for revenue that increasing guest prices for parks, resorts, sailings, etc. is the only option to cover all their losses from other divisions.

TWDC must be crossing their fingers that people will leave Draft Kings, etc. and start betting with ESPN for that sweet, sweet gambling dough. We'll see.

I'm going to wait to see what TP generates for their all-dates/all-lengths graphs, but I suspect the increase isn't as bad as we think for the average ticket buyer. For example, the 7-day parkhopper I bought for this week went up about 3.5%, which is within spitting distance of the inflation rate YoY right now (3.09%). However, my spring break shifts one week later next year, and that week is an extra $8, or 0.1%.

(I suspect the difference is that I no longer will overlap with the Princess Half weekend.)

Today marks 6 years since the Walt Disney Studios Park expansion project was announced. We've had Avengers Campus and Frozen is supposed to come next year, but Galaxy's Edge is cancelled and we're getting a Rapunzel spinner instead
Will it be very similar to Frozen from the Hong Kong Park? I really want to see that land and Paris would be so much closer/easier to get to for us on the US East coast

Will it be very similar to Frozen from the Hong Kong Park? I really want to see that land and Paris would be so much closer/easier to get to for us on the US East coast
The Frozen Ever After ride will be the same but as of right now Paris is not getting the Wandering Oaken coaster.

Today marks 6 years since the Walt Disney Studios Park expansion project was announced. We've had Avengers Campus and Frozen is supposed to come next year, but Galaxy's Edge is cancelled and we're getting a Rapunzel spinner instead

Honestly, sometimes, I think I'd rather have the spinner! 🤣

I have a real love/hate relationship with Galaxy's Edge.

Big fan of this. A Rollie Crump "Museum of the Weird" inspired bust will appear in the Haunted Mansion bar on the Treasure.
rolly-crump-haunted-mansion-parlor-bust-1200x675.jpg

Can't wait!! 3rd week of June, we will be there. Got my vacation package with the Fantasy Springs day pass.

Just like clockwork. Release info about a new "perk" and then immediately follow it up with news about price increases.

Disney giveth, and Disney taketh away :rotfl2:

Can OLC take over the US parks, too?

Careful what you wish for. They are very strict about rules. Food is not flexible at all and not really accommodating to different dietary restrictions and choices. They probably just want to hold their arms in an X across their chest the entire time they are in the US parks. That's what the CMs in Tokyo do to indicate that something is not allowed or no. Plus, most of the people who go to TDR a lot think that OLC is slacking and getting cheap. I guess it's all relative though. However, most of the expansions/changes were planned before covid, so we will have to see what happens in the next few years.

I'm wondering if this is an attempt to drive foot traffic to them now since most people tend to clear out like at AK. It could help them justify keeping both parks open.

Yes and as mentioned, offering this perk "since your room is still not ready" can't hurt. I mean the water slides run constantly, may as well have hind ends in them.

Yes and as mentioned, offering this perk "since your room is still not ready" can't hurt. I mean the water slides run constantly, may as well have hind ends in them.

Yeah, It is a decent perk. I do wish the waterparks were open a little later, becuase you might not get that much time. That's why I like departure day - If I have a 6 PM flight, I have time to check out of my room, go to the water park at open, stay a while, then get going. I usually pack light so I get a big locker and store my stuff, but you could just as well leave it with luggage services at your resort.

The one trick though is to make sure to leave enough time to find a sunny spot and dry off as much as possible so you don't have to pack a wet swimsuit. Still, a plastic bag will work for that too.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter