Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun - 2024 Edition

I agree. If I'm being really honest for a second, I do not trust the current state of WDI to design anything for AK without the guidance of Joe Rhode.
Unfortunately that would mean Joe Rhode failed to mentor a viable successor... Joe won't be around forever and its unfortunate if there is literally no one who can take up the mantle.

Unfortunately that would mean Joe Rhode failed to mentor a viable successor... Joe won't be around forever and its unfortunate if there is literally no one who can take up the mantle.
There is someone, somewhere who can and will do the job. That's what management is paid a lot of money to do - hire, train and motivate qualified people operate and maintain the parks.

Maybe he did, but that person left too

I am half surprised that he is returning seeing as he has criticized the state of WDI on his Instagram page. Didn't mention anything or anyone by name but you knew what he was referring to.

There is someone, somewhere who can and will do the job. That's what management is paid a lot of money to do - hire, train and motivate qualified people operate and maintain the parks.

Completely agree. Blaming Joe Rohde for the state of Imagineering and not mentoring a successor is laughable.
Thats my point, I was responding to a person who said only Joe Rhode could do it. That would mean there was zero plan for the post Joe Rhode years which is doubtful. SOMEONE else can do the job, surely.

I don't understand how this is a milestone when they are not creating a new ride but only retheming. Patting themselves a little too hard on the back, if you ask me.
I would imagine that Imagineers riding means all the show elements are in place and in working condition, and they need to ride through to see if everything looks good from the guest perspective or adjustments need to be made. If that's not a milestone, I don't know what is.

I agree. If I'm being really honest for a second, I do not trust the current state of WDI to design anything for AK without the guidance of Joe Rhode.

Maybe he did, but that person left too

I am sure there are plenty of Imaginners that have the passion, talent, and cretivity to really push the boundaries like Joe Rhode did. The question is will the management/executives/bean counters let them.
I find it pretty coincidental that Barbara Bouza "stepped down" less than 2 weeks ago, a massive construction permit was filed for AK, and Joe Rhode was hired as a private contractor. I'm not usually optimistic, but it does appear that Disney is trying to course correct. Hopefully all those blue sky ideas and promised $60 billion on parks and cruises comes to fruition.

Thats my point, I was responding to a person who said only Joe Rhode could do it. That would mean there was zero plan for the post Joe Rhode years which is doubtful. SOMEONE else can do the job, surely.
There probably is, but I wouldn't trust Disney to listen to them like they would Joe Rhode. That's on management, not Joe.

At this rate, I think National Geographic should take over Disney's Animal Kingdom, since Disney co-owns the society's media units, and rename the park to "National Geographic's Animal Kingdom". NatGeo would be better suited to handle the park, keep its purpose as a theme park/zoo hybrid that brings fun & educates about the animals on our planet, and be willing to put in new animal exhibits/trails. I wouldn't even be surprised if this change was announced at this year's D23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter