Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you following any particular thread about the rumors/what to expect on Oct 1st for the 50th celebration? Thanks

Just this thread and official sources like the Disney Parks Blog. They've been silent about special extras. I think the shutdown turned the celebration from "ready by October 1st" to "ready sometime within the 18-month celebration." The list below is a good recap:

Should be ready for the 50th-
Ratatouille and that extension of France
9 festival booths added to EP F&W
Space220 awesome restaurant… maybe 🤔
HarmoniUS - EP night show
Some kind of enchantment on Main St leading up to (possibly including) the castle
Early Theme Park Entry for onsite guests
BOO Bash getting extra enhancement
^this stuff is pretty solid as WDW has mentioned them for the 50th on Oct 1st

They’ve been pretty tight lipped about MK. Maybe a parade? New night show 🤗? Really who knows. There also is a new park experience app to roll out named Genie 🧞‍♂️ that’s supposed to wow us. I’m expecting WDW has a few tricks up their sleeve!

Off topic but was just thinking about how Disney’s website crashes within minutes anytime they open for event tickets or drop a new resort discount but then look at Amazon’s Prime Day which is way more an event that attracts the masses and I don’t remember them crashing....just saying...
Actually Amazon has crashed on Prime Day as recently as 2018. I have an Instagram post from that day when people were hashtagging it the “dog days of summer” or “dog days of Amazon” because they have various dogs on their crash pages.

Hmmm...so is the Disney World site wrong then? On the link you posted, it says MK is open until 11pm in July, but when I go into the Disney website it's showing a 10pm close??

JULY 1-JULY 10th only is till 11:00 pm right now. Not sure if that will be extended at some point.

BFDEFD43-C390-4D01-B41E-5B9520F0EFF8.png305E5D5F-85C2-4E9C-A601-800F1F582AAA.png

JULY 1-JULY 10th only is till 11:00 pm right now. Not sure if that will be extended at some point.

View attachment 583677View attachment 583678
Blog Mickey just posted that article, so I am assuming there's another update to the calendar pending because the 10 pm close after July 10th happened a week or two ago. Sometimes the official calendar takes a day or two to catch up. They also noted a 7 pm close for AK- it has been 6 pm.

I guess we’ll see! 😊🤞🏻
So, the text that appeared in my feed reader copy of the Blog Mickey article is different than what is currently attached. The first release had MK until 11 all month. They revised it and it's back to only the 1-10th... Sorry to get everyone's hopes up!

Here is what it originally said:

Three of the four Walt Disney World theme parks have extended their operating hours as the calendar turns to summer. Also of significance is the return of fireworks at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT – something that is reflected in the new hours. Here’s a look at the changes:

Magic Kingdom

• June 27-30: Park hours extended 8am to 9pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
  • July 1-31: Park hours extended 9am to 11pm (previously 9am to 9pm)
EPCOT

• July 18-31: Park hours extended 11am to 10pm (previously 11am to 9pm
Disney’s Animal Kingdom

• July 4-31: Park hours extended 8am to 7pm (previously 8am to 6pm)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• No changes
As far as fireworks are concerned, Happily Ever After will be shown at 9:15pm and EPCOT Forever will be shown at 10pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter