Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wonder if this is how they will set up an eventual Black Panther 2...get folks onboard the new state through a tv show 1st...

Would make sense. Only problem is, would they be able to fit it in before May 2022? They’d more than likely film it congruently with the film, and post production work would be quicker for a show, but it still likely wouldn’t be able to be released until just before the movie comes out, at the earliest. Either way, this is really good news. A drama using Wakandans and their kingdom could be very good. Game of Thrones, without the dragons

Would make sense. Only problem is, would they be able to fit it in before May 2022? They’d more than likely film it congruently with the film, and post production work would be quicker for a show, but it still likely wouldn’t be able to be released until just before the movie comes out, at the earliest. Either way, this is really good news. A drama using Wakandans and their kingdom could be very good. Game of Thrones, without the dragons

I doubt July 2022 sticks for Black Panther's 2's release...Disney is right now probably weighing kicking Black Widow to Shang-Chi's spot and then kicking everything in order again (vs doing a day and date theatrical/PVOD release on the current May 7 date)...if they take off BP2 from the planned schedule, they can do the show on the show's timeline and then have the movie concept ready and down for sometime in 2023...

But, that's just a rumor from a dedicated movies board, although rumors is this board's game:)...

Last edited:

I doubt July 2022 sticks for Black Panther's 2's release...Disney is right now probably weighing kicking Black Widow to Shang-Chi's spot and then kicking everything in order again (vs doing a day and date theatrical/PVOD release on the current May 7 date)...if they take off BP2 from the planned schedule, they can do the show on the show's timeline and then have the movie concept ready and down for sometime in 2023...

But, that's just a rumor from a dedicated movies board, although rumors is this board's game:)...

I think BW ends up on Disney+ If they have to miss the May date. I’ve been saying up until about 2 weeks ago that that’s not the right path to take and it needs to be theatrical, but with Thor filming right now, Black Panther to start very soon, and Ant Man starting in March, they need to get these films out there

I wonder if they build out Wakanda with new characters that aren't Black Panther, would that enable them to put something in the Florida Theme parks related to that?

I wonder if they build out Wakanda with new characters that aren't Black Panther, would that enable them to put something in the Florida Theme parks related to that?

Would it draw in a Disney park without the big time heroes would be the real question. I’m not 100% on the details of the deal, but I thought if Disney started the project before the characters appeared in an avengers movie, it’s fair game for them to use. Like the Guardians. They announced the ride before they were seen in the trailer for infinity war, so they were allowed to use them. Same with the walk around characters in the parks

Would it draw in a Disney park without the big time heroes would be the real question. I’m not 100% on the details of the deal, but I thought if Disney started the project before the characters appeared in an avengers movie, it’s fair game for them to use. Like the Guardians. They announced the ride before they were seen in the trailer for infinity war, so they were allowed to use them. Same with the walk around characters in the parks
As far as I understand it, I believe the rule is, Disney can’t have any character that appears in Islands of Adventure (or part of the same family as said character) in a park on the east side of the Mississippi River. They also are precluded from using the word Marvel in any park in the US.
Here’s a blurb direct from the contract:

East of The Mississippi – any other theme park is limited to using characters not currently being used by MCA at the time such other license is granted. [For purpose of this subsection and subsection iv, a character is “being used by MCA” if (x) it or another character of the same “family” (e.g., any member of THE FANTASTIC FOUR, THE AVENGERS or villains associated with a hero being used) is more than an incidental element of an attraction, is presented as a costumed character, or is more than an incidental element of the theming of a retail store or food facility;”

Here is an article that goes pretty in depth about who can and can’t be utilized by Disney. They specifically mention Black Panther and due to his deep ties to the Avengers in the comics, he’s precluded from WDW. There were also big questions about Drax, as apparently he has more ties to the Avengers than the other Guardians, and was absent from most concept art for the new ride, but now it looks like he is going to be included.
https://www.insideuniversal.net/201...ct-what-rights-does-universal-and-disney-own/

I always understood it that they could not use any characters that were ever officially members of the Avengers at any time in the comics. That is why they cannot use Black Panther because he was an official member at one point but they can use Guardians of the Galaxy as they appeared with the Avengers in the comics but we're never official members

I always understood it that they could not use any characters that were ever officially members of the Avengers at any time in the comics. That is why they cannot use Black Panther because he was an official member at one point but they can use Guardians of the Galaxy as they appeared with the Avengers in the comics but we're never official members
Which characters are Avengers can be debated to certain extents. Black Panther however is quite clear, because he appears in the land.

Doesn't really have much to do with the movies. The deal was made in the 90s.

Disney world csnt use any characters that universal uses in super hero island, (that also means meet and greet characters as well as other murals, plus any other characters that could be highlighted in the contract that we don't know about ). Guardians isn't featured anywhere in the island which is why epcot can use them.

People focus too much on the avengers aspect when it doesn't have that much too it. It's why they csnt use xmen or fantastic 4 either

Last edited:
Doesn't really have much to do with the movies. The deal was made in the 90s.

Disney world csnt use any characters that universal uses in super hero island, (that also means meet and greet characters as well as other murals, plus any other characters that could be highlighted in the contract that we don't know about ). Guardians isn't featured anywhere in the island which is why epcot can use them.

People focus too much on the avengers aspect when it doesn't have that much too it. It's why they csnt use xmen or fantastic 4 either
Yeah the only reason the Avengers gets added is the clause in the contract that any families that the characters belong to (and it specifically names the Avengers) are also excluded from being allowed in WDW. But it refers more to the comic book Avengers, not the MCU movie Avengers. So by them having Hulk and other Avengers in their land, it excludes Disney from including any Avenger in their park.

FYI - a mid-season trailer for WandaVision was released today ... obviously shows glimpses of what is to come so don't watch if you want to avoid:

Trying to figure out which sitcoms will be used for the decades. The only one I could clearly tell, I think, was Modern Family with Wanda taking the Claire role and speaking directly to the camera. So that would be for the 00’s but not enough scenes to figure out the 80s and 90s.

Trying to figure out which sitcoms will be used for the decades. The only one I could clearly tell, I think, was Modern Family with Wanda taking the Claire role and speaking directly to the camera. So that would be for the 00’s but not enough scenes to figure out the 80s and 90s.
Believe 80s is supposed to be family ties, and 90s a mix of rosanne possibly

Believe 80s is supposed to be family ties, and 90s a mix of rosanne possibly

80s definitely looked like Family Ties, though would be cute to have some Full House references to connect the Olsen sisters. 90s I think might be Malcom in the Middle

I wonder if this is how they will set up an eventual Black Panther 2...get folks onboard the new state through a tv show 1st...
That's what I am wondering too. I think this would be the best way to set up a new Black Panther for the movies and get people invested in the character. The show could focus on a power struggle with the sudden death/disappearance/whatever write out option of T'Challa with a battle for the mantle type situation. Kind of having the different tribes vying for control and the position of Black Panther, with someone finally getting it and unifying everyone again bringing about peace. This could then lead into Black Panther 2 and we won't have to waste time in the movie establishing the new status quo and setting up a new Black Panther and can just get into the story.

As long as it can get out before the movie itself I think they would be alright. If it's another 6 episode show like Falcon & Winter Soldier it could release 2 months prior and be good, this would even give them a couple weeks between for anyone to watch it that hasn't gotten caught up yet. but they could even have it lead right up to the release date if they wanted, could release the final episode earlier in the week like they did with the one Mandalorian episode prior to Rise of Skywalker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter