Disney Paris or HongKong better before going to Disney Tokyo on same trip?

Travelingdad

Mouseketeer
We just stared planning a vacation for next year and decided our prime destination is Japan with Disney Tokyo being the focal point. (Any input on how many days would be appreciated) and then spending time in more cultural and historic places, all TBD (again any input is welcome).

On the way to Japan we are going to make a stopover and are going to do it where there is another Disney property. Going all in on the Disney fun for a vacation we've waited years to take. Paris and Hong Kong are the options.

So here's the question: From a purely Disney persepctive, setting aside all the history, culture or excitement of either city (I've spent time in both so understand those elements) what would pair best with Disney Tokyo? Which park is more impressive and why? What would the similarities or differences be with that park and Tokyo?

I'd also be interested to hear any experiences with trasnportation to the parks, best option for lodging (on or off resort), experience with getting one room for 5, dining costs and the differences from the WDW standards we are familiar with.

Thanks in advance for any help!

I wrote a very lengthy response on this thread, but the timeout on DISboards.com is so short that by the time I was done typing I had already been logged out and so I lost everything I typed.

Long story short, pair Disneyland Paris with Tokyo Disneyland, skip Hong Kong Disneyland.

My DH and I have Tokyo Disney and Hong Kong DL set for this Dec. We chose Hong Kong DL because it was cheaper than Paris. PLUS there isn't too much we want to do in Hong Kong EXCEPT for DL. We are going to save Paris for a trip on its own since we want to see more of Europe than just Paris. This is just my opinion. We are hitting up WDW, DL, DCA, TDL, TDS and HKDL in one consecutive trip this Dec and we are excited. The main focal point and spending the most time in Tokyo. HTH :)

I haven't been to either DLP or or DLHK, but you *can* do TDL in 2 days if you open and close the park. However the way that "park hoppers" work in Tokyo is different to the US parks. A two day park hopper allows you entry into 1 park the first day, and the other park on the 2nd day. A 3 or 4 day hopper works the same on day 1 and 2, but days 3 and 4 work how normal hoppers work, as in you can hop from park to park. They days also need to be consecutive, which is a pain. :rolleyes1

I wrote a very lengthy response on this thread, but the timeout on DISboards.com is so short that by the time I was done typing I had already been logged out and so I lost everything I typed.

Oh that sucks!! I hate that!

Long story short, pair Disneyland Paris with Tokyo Disneyland, skip Hong Kong Disneyland.

Bummer, hate when that happens. Thanks for the thought anyway.

My DH and I have Tokyo Disney and Hong Kong DL set for this Dec. We chose Hong Kong DL because it was cheaper than Paris. PLUS there isn't too much we want to do in Hong Kong EXCEPT for DL. We are going to save Paris for a trip on its own since we want to see more of Europe than just Paris. This is just my opinion. We are hitting up WDW, DL, DCA, TDL, TDS and HKDL in one consecutive trip this Dec and we are excited. The main focal point and spending the most time in Tokyo. HTH :)

All those parks in one trip, good for you! I would love to make all three work but don't have the time. Backup may be to go to DL or WDW the December at end of 2013 and get 3 parks in over the year.

In terms of Hong Kong outside Disney it is a beautiful city. Dinner at a nice hotel on Hong Kong Island facing the mainland at night is nice. A lot have large windows for the view. Victoria Peak is a nice place to see and look down at the island and harbor. Can be done in an hour or two so not a big time sink. If you like to gamble can take a ferry to Macau. If I recall the ride is about 15 or 20 minutes.

Hey Travelingdad! I would probably pick Paris over HK but it depends on whether Mystic Manor will be done or not. What time of year are you going?

Tiridan-:offtopic: but for me, if I hit the "Go Advanced" button rather than "Quick Reply" even if it has timed out it saves what I've typed so when I relog back in its still there for me to then post (my way of getting round this very very annoying problem!)
and I would second DLP for your purposes -not that I have been to DLP (hopefully next year) or DLHK but read far too much about both (trying to chose for next year) and recently visited TDR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter