Disney parks now requiring immunization record for admittance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We let our first child get her initial vaccination after birth. She had a violent reaction and screamed in pain through almost all of her first night of life. It was horrible. When my parents came to see her and heard about it, they said I had a similar reaction.
This is a very common thing, unfortunately. I wish doctors would stop telling parents these reactions are normal, or that they are imagining things. No one knows a child as well as their own parents.

My family also has a history of severe reactions to vaccines (Guillain-Barre after flu shot, for example). I wish we would've spaced out my son's vaccinations. For the rest of my life I will wonder if I caused his issues by blindly following our current aggressive vaccine schedule.
Thank you for coming forward--it is not easy in this current climate. I hope more parents like you will come forward and tell their stories. Then maybe people (who have done zero independent research) will start to listen. I am tired of kids getting hurt by this out of control US vaccine schedule.

For those who say there is no harm in aluminum. Is there a not a difference between ingesting it and injecting it? Our guts can handle things our blood and brain cannot. I can swallow air and be completely fine. But injecting air into my veins would fatal, right?

Aluminum is not meant to be in your brain.

Did vaccines contribute to my son's Asperger's? I will never know. I do know that, six years after his last shot, his measles, mumps, and rubella antibodies are literally off the chart high. They should have gone back down within a couple weeks of the shots, but instead, years later, they are 30 and more times what they should be.

I also know that my son has toxic levels of mercury and lead in his system and high levels of aluminum.

I think the percentage of people who should not get vaccines due to genetic issues is much higher than many want to admit.

The fact is, if your child gets the full schedule of vaccinations they will have over 200 times the safe level of aluminium in their bloodstreams, and that is just one of the harmful substances in some vaccines. Aluminium has been conclusively proven to cause brain damage. As with any other medical procedure, we do a risk/benefit analysis. Most vaccines have no real value to balance out their risk because the chances of being exposed to the disease is next to zero. We have to take into account the fact that reactions to vaccines are prevalent in our family. Our daughter spent her first night of life screaming in agony in reaction to the vaccine she received. It was terrible. The doctor admiited that such reactions are not uncommon. My mother said that I had a similar reaction. That is what triggered our desire to do some research intead of just pumping our children full of chemicals and diseases just because the government and drug manufacturers tell us to.

Looking at the numbers on the CDC and Royal College of Medicine statistics provided some enlightening knowledge, namely that no vaccine ever eradicated any disease.
No matter which disease you look at, polio, smallpox, measles, etc., you see the same thing. Those diseases were all eracticated by the rise of natural immunity. In every case, the number of both cases and deaths had dropped by roughly 90% before the vaccine ever became available, and the vaccine had no affect whatsoever on the rate of decline. Except for the polio vaccine. It caused a sharp increase in cases and deaths.

Have you ever looked into how many people get the flu after getting the flu vaccine? Our doctor clued us in to this too. The flu vaccine is a guess. Each year, they look at which strains are prevalent in Asia and guess at which three they think will be prevalent in North America the following year. They're often wrong. So, as I said, before insulting people or deciding that you know what is best for others (a though that is your right) you may want to actually educate yourself.

Can we close this thread? This is absolutely untrue and misinformation and will only cause arguments.

Can we close this thread? This is absolutely untrue and misinformation and will only cause arguments.

Well, mk200 would complain about not having "freedom of speech" (which, of course would not apply, as this is a private forum, just like Facebook).

I see no reason to have this thread closed. People are expressing their opinions and their experiences, well mostly......except for the name calling of people who choose to selectively or not vaccinate their children and themselves. Interesting that the pro-vaccine posters are the only ones doing the name calling. Sad!

Please understand that their are more reactions than just autism. Not all medicine is bad and conversely not all medicine is good. Thank God we still have the freedom to choose!

People are expressing their opinions and their experiences
Yes, and those opinions are very wrong, often fed by a steady diet of visits to anti-vax quack websites where science is twisted and tortured to fit the propaganda being spewed. Then people come onto forums like this and make fools of themselves when they regurgitate the lies and pseudoscience form anti-vax loons. And their experiences all fall into the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, just becuase B follows A doesn't mean A caused B. It's possible A could have caused B, or maybe C caused B or they are not related all. The human mind is very fallible and it likes to narrate a nice story, which is often at odds with reality. It's something we are all guilty of. Read "Mistakes Were Made, But Not By Me" by Carol Tarvis.

Interesting that the pro-vaccine posters are the only ones doing the name calling. Sad!
Cry me a river, build a bridge...., if you can't handle it then go post your baseless assertions elsewhere. Whats really interesting is that the anti-vaxxers just continue to post the same debunked nonsense over and over. Sad!

Please understand that their are more reactions than just autism
Please understand for the umpteenth time - vaccines don't cause Autism. If you have research that says otherwise then please post it. And no has claimed that there are no reactions to vaccines, it is just that the chance of a reaction is far less than the possible side effects of measles, you know, minor things llike brain damage, blindness, deafness, and death. As mk200 so brilliantly put it, "its not the black plague."

Yes, and those opinions are very wrong, often fed by a steady diet of visits to anti-vax quack websites where science is twisted and tortured to fit the propaganda being spewed. Then people come onto forums like this and make fools of themselves when they regurgitate the lies and pseudoscience form anti-vax loons. And their experiences all fall into the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy, just becuase B follows A doesn't mean A caused B. It's possible A could have caused B, or maybe C caused B or they are not related all. The human mind is very fallible and it likes to narrate a nice story, which is often at odds with reality. It's something we are all guilty of. Read "Mistakes Were Made, But Not By Me" by Carol Tarvis.

Cry me a river, build a bridge...., if you can't handle it then go post your baseless assertions elsewhere. Whats really interesting is that the anti-vaxxers just continue to post the same debunked nonsense over and over. Sad!

Please understand for the umpteenth time - vaccines don't cause Autism. If you have research that says otherwise then please post it. And no has claimed that there are no reactions to vaccines, it is just that the chance of a reaction is far less than the possible side effects of measles, you know, minor things llike brain damage, blindness, deafness, and death. As mk200 so brilliantly put it, "its not the black plague."

In your opinion, "their" opinions are wrong, but by definition an opinion can not be wrong.
I shall add in a definition of "opinion" so there is no misunderstanding of what I am saying:
"OPINION - noun
1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal."

My personal assertions, if I have even shared them?, are not wrong or right. They would be my personal experiences and beliefs with and about vaccinations. Again you can not call my personal experience wrong. I do not claim to be pro or anti-vac. I only relate my personal story and what I have done to try to make things safer for others. I have been working in the field of patient advocacy for many a decade. I only want things safer for all!

Last edited:
No by definition an opinion is "a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."

It absolutely can be wrong; If I went blind I COULD hold the opinion that light ceased to exist an no one could see anything and no amount of logical debate could change my experience of the world. Much like no matter what evidence is presented in this thread is going to convince anyone here to believe anything they don't already believe about vaccines. So let's please all stop. The original poster got his question answered and all this thread is doing is fostering animosity on an otherwise peace loving, (unrelated to vaccines) board.

I think the mods should close this thread.

So when new vaccines for new diseases are developed will you be in line? Unfortunately herd immunity is a difficult concept to sell to parents who are resistant to vaccinating. It is going to take a good old fashioned pandemic to convince a lot of these people that sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

I, too, am a mother of a vaccine-injured child. My son (now 10) received his full set of vaccinations at 2 months old, and fell asleep immediately. We took him home, and laid him down for a nap. My gut, my mother's intuition, whatever you want to call it, I went to check on him and he was not breathing. I shook him, and he gasped a breath in. His lips and fingertips were blue. He could have died. We rushed him to the ER where he was put on a breathing tube for hours. He was sick for a week. We stopped vaccinating him, and I guarantee if that was your child you would have, too.
When I called my mom to tell her what happened, she said "your sister had a bad reaction to her vaccines when she was a baby, too, so I stopped vaccinating her and you never were either" And funny, I had my titers drawn while pregnant to see if I needed boosters and I had full immunity, no boosters required. My husband and I then made the decision, never again. My daughter has not been vaccinated either. I don't care about the CDC's numbers, their promises of safety, or anyone else's opinions. As for me and my kids, we will decline. If we have to homeschool, so be it.

And for all of you wanting published studies linking vaccines and autism, here are 99 citations
http://www.scribd.com/doc/220807175/86-Research-Papers-Supporting-the-Vaccine-Autism-Link

And for all of you wanting published studies linking vaccines and autism, here are 99 citations
http://www.scribd.com/doc/220807175/86-Research-Papers-Supporting-the-Vaccine-Autism-Link

Seriously? Did you even look at any study in that list? Or do you just take the word of your favorite anti-Vax quack? That list doesn't say what you think it says. That's the problem with blindly accepting what the loons tell you, it really makes you look ignorant when you repeat their propaganda. Tell me how many of those papers actually studied the link between vaccines AND autism in HUMANS? Maybe 15. With most concluding "further study needed." The rest are animal, in-vitro, and studies that look at some specific aspect of autism unrelated to vaccines. Some of the authors on that list read like a who's who of anti-Vax pseudoscience peddlers in America. Like the Geiers, the father and son duo who ripped off desparate people by promising to cure autism with chemical castration. The elder Geier had his license revoked, the younger one wasn't a doctor but pretended to be one. Also in that list is Stephanie Seneff, MIT computer scientist who somehow thinks she understands epidemiology, immunology and vaccines. They problem is she doesn't and her pathetic attempts are laughable. She goes dumpster diving in the VAERS database to twist and contort data to support the vaccine and autism myth. Also in that dung heap you linked to are Shaw and Tomljenovic, 2 extremely biased anti-vaxxers who also try to do research out of their specialty, which happens to be Opthamology.

Why don't you post what you think is the single strongest article in that list and then let's discuss that?

Here's the most recent meta-analysis showing no link in over 1.2 million children.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X14006367

I, too, am a mother of a vaccine-injured child. My son (now 10) received his full set of vaccinations at 2 months old, and fell asleep immediately. We took him home, and laid him down for a nap. My gut, my mother's intuition, whatever you want to call it, I went to check on him and he was not breathing. I shook him, and he gasped a breath in. His lips and fingertips were blue. He could have died. We rushed him to the ER where he was put on a breathing tube for hours. He was sick for a week. We stopped vaccinating him, and I guarantee if that was your child you would have, too.
When I called my mom to tell her what happened, she said "your sister had a bad reaction to her vaccines when she was a baby, too, so I stopped vaccinating her and you never were either" And funny, I had my titers drawn while pregnant to see if I needed boosters and I had full immunity, no boosters required. My husband and I then made the decision, never again. My daughter has not been vaccinated either. I don't care about the CDC's numbers, their promises of safety, or anyone else's opinions. As for me and my kids, we will decline. If we have to homeschool, so be it.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and I'm glad your son is OK. It sounds like your son and other families members has an allergy to some of the components in vaccines. No one said that vaccines are 100% safe. Given your family history, it makes sense for you and your family to skip some or all of the vaccines. (I would hope a doctor would be able to help you identify what triggered your reactions so that you could not just avoid vaccines, but all things that could cause that type of reaction.)
It is PRECISELY for people like your family that it is so important that everyone who can get vaccinated does get vaccinated. As has been said over and over again in this thread, there are a very, very, very, very small percentage of the population who can't get vaccinated, because of allergies, or age, or other disease. If everyone else gets vaccinated, than your son is safe. I would think that given your family's history, you would be one of the loudest voices in favor of vaccinations for other people.

I laugh at the veiled threats of: you may have to homeschool. Like that is an equivalent of a death sentence. Oh yes the public school system in the US of A is such a gem.

Again can we not express our opinions without name calling?

At this point and time no one knows what causes vaccine injuries or autism, or many other conditions. So just saying such and such is not the cause is a bit premature since no one really understands any of it completely.

I usually don't reply to this type of thread, and this one may have run its course. However, I just finished reading through a similar thread on a different page and one thing that astounded me was that no one seemed to mention or consider that hundreds of thousands of children around the world die of diseases that in the US children are vaccinated against. I'm sure that nobody on either side of the argument wants any children to needlessly suffer or die. In this country it is easy to think the risk is low because deaths are low...but look at the evidence on the effectiveness of vaccines around the world. Take just measles...about 400 children around the world die each and every day from measles. Every day! And that is at a 75% decrease in measles deaths over the past decade in conjunction to the spread of vaccines. In the year 2000, almost 600,000 children died a year from measles. Areas where there are now vaccinations against measles have far, far fewer deaths than they did prior to those vaccinations. It is scary because some people can have a reaction to a vaccine. And those whose families have the reactions should not get them...but in order to prevent children from dying of preventable illnesses the other people need to vaccinate. Keep the illness out of the community to protect those who can't be protected by a vaccine. Vaccines are not completely safe...but they are safe for the majority of people and I sure don't want to see half a million children A YEAR dying from measles alone (and there are other diseases that kill children) when it can be prevented. There is no perfect answer and there never will be a way to keep our children completely safe. We can't hate each other though or think that someone with a different opinion is stupid. We all want what is best for our kids.

Every western nation has a vaccine injury board and compensation program. In the US alone, payouts resulting from people being injured or killed by vaccines is approaching $3 billion. But hey, they're paying all that money to fear mongers and wackos who are just making stuff up.

Last edited:
I usually don't reply to this type of thread, and this one may have run its course. However, I just finished reading through a similar thread on a different page and one thing that astounded me was that no one seemed to mention or consider that hundreds of thousands of children around the world die of diseases that in the US children are vaccinated against. I'm sure that nobody on either side of the argument wants any children to needlessly suffer or die. In this country it is easy to think the risk is low because deaths are low...but look at the evidence on the effectiveness of vaccines around the world. Take just measles...about 400 children around the world die each and every day from measles. Every day! And that is at a 75% decrease in measles deaths over the past decade in conjunction to the spread of vaccines. In the year 2000, almost 600,000 children died a year from measles. Areas where there are now vaccinations against measles have far, far fewer deaths than they did prior to those vaccinations. It is scary because some people can have a reaction to a vaccine. And those whose families have the reactions should not get them...but in order to prevent children from dying of preventable illnesses the other people need to vaccinate. Keep the illness out of the community to protect those who can't be protected by a vaccine. Vaccines are not completely safe...but they are safe for the majority of people and I sure don't want to see half a million children A YEAR dying from measles alone (and there are other diseases that kill children) when it can be prevented. There is no perfect answer and there never will be a way to keep our children completely safe. We can't hate each other though or think that someone with a different opinion is stupid. We all want what is best for our kids.

Very good post, but, the horrible numbers of children (adults matter too) that die of disease in underdeveloped nations do not die simply because of a lack of vaccination. Horrible or no sanitation is equally, if not far more, to blame. Whenever public sanitation and living conditions are vastly improved disease plummets. Just like it did here in the early 20th century, before all of the modern vaccines were available.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter