Disney Photography Tips

I was wondering what tripod would be the best to get for travelling and easy to setup ? and that is sterdy for a d40 any suggestions? and I love all these tips I will try my best to use them for my trip in oct :)

Sorry....it is the sunrise safari at AK that is only open to concierge guests. But they would have to be an AKL guest.

Just to help in more detail for all:

There is a Sunrise Safari for Concierge guests only, and there is the Wanyama Safari for all AKL guests which starts at dusk and includes a meal at the end. AKL concierge guests do get a discount on the Wanyama Safari.

:)

*BUMP* Are there anymore tips out there? I've learned so much from this board. Thank you so much. All the apeture, ISO, etc. lingo still confuses me because I'm still saving up to buy a dSLR. The Nikon D3000 has a guide inside of it to help along, I think I'll be buying that one. :) I can save the money I would have spent on another higher megapixel camera towards a tripod, memory, a case, and everything else. Don't you think so?

My other question is, how does disney feel about photographers like us? Say I wanted a picture of an awesome angle inside of the Prime Time Cafe at MGM, would I ask the hostess to do so or just do it? I'm kinda shy about that kind of stuff, I don't want to intrude.. How would I go about that?

I would say unless you wanted them to clear the restaurant, make guests move, or rearrange furniture, most castmembers are very willing to let you take pictures.

So...I just got an Olympus E-400 for christmas. Anyone have any experience with this camera? I've been trying to put together a little cheat sheet for myself to take to the parks so that I know what kind of exposure and shutter speeds and others to use. Thanks!

So...I just got an Olympus E-400 for christmas. Anyone have any experience with this camera? I've been trying to put together a little cheat sheet for myself to take to the parks so that I know what kind of exposure and shutter speeds and others to use. Thanks!

I don't know much about the E-400. I think you'll get a better response posting your question in a new thread rather than at the end of this thread.

I hope you all don't mind a point-and-shoot question...

Any advice on getting better pictures of night time parades with a point-and-shoot? My camera doesn't have a "sports" mode, so I'm not sure how to handle the moving objects/people in the darkness...

Any advice on getting better pictures of night time parades with a point-and-shoot? My camera doesn't have a "sports" mode, so I'm not sure how to handle the moving objects/people in the darkness...

Gathering light (to prevent a dark photo) and stopping the action (to prevent blur) are a trade off. It's hard with a P&S camera because changing to a lens with better light gathering capabilities is probably not possible. Upping the sensitivity of the digital sensor is a possibility but that has its trade offs as well (image quality).

What camera do you have? We could look it up and give some more specific ideas.

I have not read all the post so if this is a repeat question I am sorry. What are some suggestions for taking pictures of fireworks? I have a Nikon D60 and I am currebtly learning to take pictures more in maunual mode.
Thanks, I will be spending time read all the post later on.

I have not read all the post so if this is a repeat question I am sorry. What are some suggestions for taking pictures of fireworks? I have a Nikon D60 and I am currently learning to take pictures more in maunual mode.
Thanks, I will be spending time read all the post later on.

Gathering light (to prevent a dark photo) and stopping the action (to prevent blur) are a trade off. It's hard with a P&S camera because changing to a lens with better light gathering capabilities is probably not possible. Upping the sensitivity of the digital sensor is a possibility but that has its trade offs as well (image quality).

What camera do you have? We could look it up and give some more specific ideas.

I also have a point and shoot camera that we bought especially for our trip in September-October, and I am really worried that I am going to get it all wrong and the shots of spectro and fireworks will be really poor. Just like the above poster, I would welcome and appreciate any and all help you might be able to give. I don't trust the 'heart' setting on this thing but I do usually use auto mode for things and they come out very well, just highly doubt this will apply to night shots. I have a Canon Powershot SX120 IS -

http://www.photographyblog.com/review/canon_powershot_sx120_is_review/

Many Thanks in advance

This is a great thread and it's been a joy reading all the tips. Can't wait to test this out on our trip.

I also have a point and shoot camera that we bought especially for our trip in September-October, and I am really worried that I am going to get it all wrong and the shots of spectro and fireworks will be really poor. Just like the above poster, I would welcome and appreciate any and all help you might be able to give. I don't trust the 'heart' setting on this thing but I do usually use auto mode for things and they come out very well, just highly doubt this will apply to night shots. I have a Canon Powershot SX120 IS -

http://www.photographyblog.com/review/canon_powershot_sx120_is_review/

Many Thanks in advance

Thanks for reminding me about this thread...life has gotten in the way again :)

I have a Canon SD870 IS and a Lumix DMC-TZ3...any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks for the offer to help!

We just picked up a Nikon Coolpix P100
It has a a lot of cool features and this thread will definitely provide some great tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter