• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney pricing the middle class out

Disney World is as expensive as you want it to be. They have $2k/night rooms and $120/night rooms. They have various ticket packages for various amounts of time and various options. You can stay offsite, you can stay on site. You can do a dining plan, you can not do one. You can get food on or off property. You can bring in food. If you're going there multiple times a year or once a year? Yeah, it's going to impact you. If you're the family that goes every 3+ years? Not so much. You prepare for a big expense and then you budget within that number. Honestly, airfare is what kills us. Right now, for our DW vacation (family of 6) in June 2016 (last one was in June 2013), I've got us just over $3k for tickets (7day w/park hopper), condo, car rental, and stroller rental. Once food is factored in, we're probably around $3800. Airfare (if I wasn't amassing Southwest credits via the credit card promo), would probably easily be around $1800. We could drive from Chicago, but my wife and I would like to enjoy our vacation. :D So, you're looking at around a $5-6k vacation. Of which, Disney is getting approximately $2500 of that, give or take depending on food and souvenirs. So, should I gripe more about Disney, or more about Southwest charging me just as much to haul me to Orlando as they charge me to haul my then 11 month old? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter